Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 5:51 pm

I have attempted to try to remember dreams more frequently by waking up in my REM ( Rapid Eye Movement ) stage of sleeping , I had a dream Journal as well , this was a few good years ago and I rediscovered my journal recently , my dreams... What?

Anyway I came across this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llw717IARpQ

And I will take on the challenge of Lucid Dreaming!

If You ever done it then what's it like? Do You generally feel like You're alive in a dream? Do You have free will?

I shall be interested to see my results of this attempt.

Anyone else can join in if they wish , it could be a thing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

I've tried it quite a few years ago and I'm still doing it. If my dreams start to become unpleasant, I control them and make them into something wonderful. I can go from a crime scene to my dream vacation in a matter of seconds.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 12:47 am

I become lucid in my dreams fairly frequently, several times a month. And that's without a deliberate effort to do so.
I'll see something in the dream that doesn't add up and realize, "hey, I'm dreaming!"
That's when the fun starts. Most of the time I'll just start flying around. Sometimes I'll create things out of thin air, teleport, practice telekinesis, or shoot lightning bolts out of my hands. Or find a cute female in the dream :wink: ....I don't need to say more.

Even though I go lucid, it's still very tough to control every aspect of the dream. The dream environment is a very fluid place and every time I turn around, it's different. I've found it impossible to get back to the same location twice. Go through a door, turn around and back through the same door, and it's completely different.

Diagnosed in 2005

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 8:06 am

From what the other posters are saying, I think I do have them sometimes. I have tried to force myself to stay asleep to get the dream to some kind of conclusion, so I won't wake up disorientated.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

I rarely remember my dreams, so I haven't had a lot of chances to try lucid dreaming. The few times when I have succeeded, I always like flying.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 11:45 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I rarely remember my dreams, so I haven't had a lot of chances to try lucid dreaming. The few times when I have succeeded, I always like flying.

I remember when I was young and I think I had a lucid dream where I was flying. Maybe because as I was aware it was a dream, I felt like I could do anything and go anywhere.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Nov 2013, 12:30 am

Not really.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2013, 2:37 am

I have had on occasion, but then again, I take sleeping tablets, and I'm sure that f***s with my sleep cycles

Proudly South African <3

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 3:55 am

I almost did last night. I knew what I was doing and deciding to do, but I didn't know it was a dream, and/or forgot it was a dream and eventually lost control and let it take me wherever.

stillness
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2013, 4:58 am

I relate with the experiences shared on lucid dreaming.I frequently have lucid dreams.Currently trying to learn to enter the dream stage when awake.When I get scared in a dream or threatened I wake myself up.I guess that's because I don't like to get confrontational because I don't know how to diplomatically face 'threats' in a dream.

It really is very fluid.I feel like I'm a conscious but not focused or aware of certain aspects.When I was a younger and I started noticing that I am conscious in dreams I used to wake up.But when you accept the experience after awhile you won't wake up.The best strategy I use to remembering my dreams or increase the possibility of having a lucid dream is to relax myself when I go to bed and make sure I don't get out of bed in a hurry.I like those two periods.Before I sleep I use that time to reflect on my day,good or bad, and put it aside and try to have a peaceful night.When I wake up I lay in bed and give myself time to see how I feel.That has helped me remember my dreams and it helps with lucid dreaming.After the few moments in bed,I pick up whatever baggage I kept aside the previous night.

You do have freewill to the extent you can handle.Think green lantern.For example telekinesis,if you think you can't carry that house,car,person or even a coin you won't.But I realized the more I accept that it is my world the more I can achieve.The hardest thing and what I want to face is nothingness.I have made things appear and change right in front of me but having nothing around me I find difficult.Good luck.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:07 am

I have lucid dreams. I also have sleep paralysis.

In my lucid dreams I usually end up nosying around peoples houses.

I suppose that says something about me doesn't it. :wink:

My most recent lucid dream started out where I was out of control, floating out of my bed. Then I took control, and I was going to go out and see what was doing, but I heard my daughter in the kitchen so I went back to bed, then I woke up.

It does get a bit confusing because sometimes I don't know whether I'm awake, awake or just awake in my dream. :?

I also get that thing where my eyes are close but they feel wide open and I can still see everything. But that's when I'm awake, it is a really good feeling too.

stillness
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2013, 7:56 am

I suppose it does.The eyes part I like a lot.Sounds like something I would enjoy.