Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

Is it just me, or is the Internet becoming more and more unreasonable by the day? I've been banned from many sites for reasons that defy sense. For example, I got into a discussion, politely asked bronies just simply not to spam, then all the bronies lashed out on me. I kindly told them not to do stuff like this, and I got banned. See logic in that? Well, you shouldn't, because most bronies [keyword most] [keyword most] [keyword most] spam in places unnecessarily, posting pony meme after pony meme in threads that have exactly 0% relation to MLP. And on one forum, I posted about a hack i was making in a FORUM ENTIRELY DEDICATED TO HACKING. And even better? I made a joke in a forum and got banned, Yes.
NOTE:None of these involve autism, because I never mentioned my autism in any of these forums.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 1:58 pm

JoeDaBro wrote:
... I got into a discussion, politely asked bronies just simply not to spam, then all the bronies lashed out on me. I kindly told them not to do stuff like this, and I got banned. See logic in that?

Yes, I do.

"Politely"? "Kindly"?

REALLY?

I'm being polite right now, yet I'm also telling you that we only have your side of the story, and that since you've been banned from many sites, it is most likely that YOU are the problem, and not the Internet.

So look to yourself first, before blaming others for not wanting you around.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
JoeDaBro wrote:
... I got into a discussion, politely asked bronies just simply not to spam, then all the bronies lashed out on me. I kindly told them not to do stuff like this, and I got banned. See logic in that?

Yes, I do.

"Politely"? "Kindly"?

REALLY?

I'm being polite right now, yet I'm also telling you that we only have your side of the story, and that since you've been banned from many sites, it is most likely that YOU are the problem, and not the Internet.

What part of "Hey, um, Bronies, if you want to watch MLP, that's OK. If you want to go to brony conventions and have a fun time, that's OK as well. If you want to spam it everywhere, it would be cool if you stopped. Thanks." sounds like being rude, exactly?

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 2:17 pm

And what part of being sent a picture of a dead baby sounds polite?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

Again, we have only your side of it.

Besides, if the mods want you banned, they do not need your approval; nor do they have to explain their actions.

Advice: Next time you join an on-line social website, lurk about for a while without posting anything, so as to better learn what is and is not acceptable behavior.

By the way ... have you read The Rules yet?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm

And besides...

Its a Bronie World.

The rest of us just live in it.

You just have to get used to it.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 2:33 pm

By the time I get banned, I have understood what is acceptable and what is not. And their side usually is hidden away from me, and the one time I saw what they posted about me when I was banned consisted of "this guy deserves to die" and various other insults and even forum admins joined in. Oh, and I was sent a picture of a dead baby on a forum. I checked and nope, still unbanned and sending dead baby photos. And, just to check something... Does the username "fastpager200" ring a bell?

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
And besides...

Its a Bronie World.

The rest of us just live in it.

You just have to get used to it.

...[checks stats] 101% of random people off the street still say that MLP is a dead meme. [flicks through a book] Homestuck... Doge... Gangnam Style... Toenail waxers? Oh, here it is between Mario games for YTP sources and Mad videos that are just AMVs.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm

i was banned from a site once for being openly homosexual.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm

LOL, yeah. Happens to me all the time. Here is one that I got from a Senior Moderator on a forum I post to. He basically admitted that the post I was responding to was complete idiocy. But he suspended me from the forum anyway for attacking the poster. I got over 30 positive rep points for that post from other members and an infraction from a Senior Moderator. :roll: Not only do the moderators on that site have no sense of humor, they are all right-wing nut jobs. So if I post anything in the political section, this is what happens.

Quote:
You have received an infraction

Reason: Personal attacks
-------
Even if you feel you're responding to bs or complete idiocy, that doesn't give you the right to attack the author of said bs. Ignore that post, debate the points made, provide links to prove him wrong etc - that's ok. What you posted didn't add to the topic in any way and only derailed the thread somewhat.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

U mad bro?

Take your meds. You'll feel better.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2013, 10:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
JoeDaBro wrote:

Yes, I do.

"Politely"? "Kindly"?

REALLY?

its his thread, his comment, if he says it happened like that you should be taking his word for it and commenting on the information as its made available, not second guessing him.

its great for you that you're suspicious of everyone but please try and get the point of a thread.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2013, 10:04 pm

the wow forums can be very strange with regards to getting banned.

tbh, the banning process is abused a lot though. You only have to report someone using the in-forum feature and put something bogus and the mods will temp ban you almost automatically and its almost impossible to question the ban. Although its a temp ban so i guess it makes it slightly less serious.

It used to be quite easy to get banned on the old atari forums too. Double posting was enough to get you a warning, they were that strict.

The most reasonable mods ive ever encountered are the ones on the AVEN asexuality forums. They couldnt help you enough. It makes me wonder just how much moodiness in life is down to sex drive.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2013, 2:55 am

I know, right?

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2013, 12:37 pm

Bu-Ohwaitwhaa? My next post after this bump will be my 100th Wrong Planet post? Letsa go!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:10 pm

JoeDaBro wrote:
Bu-Ohwaitwhaa? My next post after this bump will be my 100th Wrong Planet post? Letsa go!

100 posts eh? Nice round number to ban you on. :twisted:

(Only joking)

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm

have you been to the forum games section on wrongplanet? they have a game where you make up bans for other members.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt100526.html