Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm

Anyone got the flu shot yet? If so, did you get any bad side effects? I got my first flu shot on Saturday but woke up Sunday coughing, some sore throat, runny, stuffy nose. Now I can't stop sneezing! So I'm taking Claritin D and sucking on halls Mentho-lyptus drops for the cough/sore throat. Runny nose is annoying too. I have box of tissues at my desk and also smaller size in my handbag. Anyone tried nasal wash?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm

The 1st time I ever got it was a couple months ago. I only got it because my doc kinda recommended but didn't push to much. I had a fever latter &/or next day that lasted a day or two but that was the only side-effect I noticed & I get fevers after immunizations in general. i didn't get the flu but I haven't gotten it sense I graduated high-school. I moved to a colder environment last year & I'm getting out more so that might increase my chances of getting it but I cant save it the shot did any good or not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm

I got the flu shot in the arm (*shudders*) for three years in a row. Last year I got dizzy in the store (idiot pharmacist really jabbed me! :( ) and my arm was sore all three years for a few days, but that's all.

P.S., The flu shot really works! My grandparents both got the flu shot in October (I think), and my aunt (who can't get a flu shot due to a feather allergy) came to their house with flu-like symptoms from out-of-state after Christmas, and my grandparents didn't catch it even though it was in the air!

BTW, if you got the live virus nasal spray, that'll give you the flu symptoms. If it's the shot in the arm, then I can't explain it. BTW, if you had the nasal spray, I recommend avoiding the nasal wash, as that might screw things up. Just get a value pack of Puffs or Kleenex, which ever you like better.