Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:18 pm

I remember once at college I used some dirty language on my video project rehearsal. When the class heard me speak on video (and swearing) they all laughed and teacher remarked "is your name Russell brand" (implying that Russell brands swears a lot) and then this girl in class said "sadly not"

Was she saying something negative about me with that comment :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:28 pm

The girl was implying that she didn't like you. People are strange that way. Many NT females seem to lack the logic to think not to say things like that. They don't stop and ask themselves in their minds if what they're planning to say will hurt the other person's feelings. She probably wanted to look cool in front of her friends, too. Many younger people would rather look cool in front of their friends than accept everybody as they are.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

Look on the bright side. There are lots of people on WP who like you, including myself. :sunny:

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

I wouldnt say that she dislikes you, but that she likes Russell Brand and you are not he. She might well have said the same about every other boy in your college as none of them are celebrities that woman seem to think are more desirable than actual men.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:53 pm

Nambo wrote:
I wouldnt say that she dislikes you, but that she likes Russell Brand and you are not he. She might well have said the same about every other boy in your college as none of them are celebrities that woman seem to think are more desirable than actual men.

Yeah no denying women like Russell brand.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 4:19 am

Jamesy wrote:
I remember once at college I used some dirty language on my video project rehearsal. When the class heard me speak on video (and swearing) they all laughed and teacher remarked "is your name Russell brand" (implying that Russell brands swears a lot) and then this girl in class said "sadly not"

Was she saying something negative about me with that comment :(

I think it was more a testament of her love for Russell Brand, not so much a jab at you. I wouldn't take it personally.

MegaBass
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2014, 3:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The girl was implying that she didn't like you. People are strange that way. Many NT females seem to lack the logic to think not to say things like that. They don't stop and ask themselves in their minds if what they're planning to say will hurt the other person's feelings. She probably wanted to look cool in front of her friends, too. Many younger people would rather look cool in front of their friends than accept everybody as they are.

Wrong. She was just implying that she wished Russel Brand was there instead of you and she would apply it to the other boys in the class too. Nothing personal.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 4:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I remember once at college I used some dirty language on my video project rehearsal. When the class heard me speak on video (and swearing) they all laughed and teacher remarked "is your name Russell brand" (implying that Russell brands swears a lot) and then this girl in class said "sadly not". Was she saying something negative about me with that comment :(

[opinion=mine]

That you are neither Russel Brand, nor even (in her opinion) as good as Russel Brand.

[/opinion]

She dissed you.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 4:32 pm

This is where we miss out - we don't understand body language and facial expressions. The answer to what she meant was probably expressed on her face. The same words can be uttered and mean many different things, but the context and body language carry the intended or real meaning of what is said. Damn frustrating if you ask me.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm

My take on that is that she was just being a jerk on purpose.

Edit - to clarify, she was trying to tear somebody down to make herself look better, it didn't even have to be about you. See saw a chance to put another person down and took it. Sometimes people remind me of opportunistic infections that people with AIDS get.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 12:11 am

MegaBass wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Wrong. She was just implying that she wished Russel Brand was there instead of you and she would apply it to the other boys in the class too. Nothing personal.

I stand corrected.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 12:39 am

From my imagining, she was being condescending. That b***h.
When something like that happens you can do one of three things.

You can be like a b***h and absorb all the embarrassment

Say "f**k all you people you don't understand my art, it's beyond you" and storm out of the room.

Or you can look at yourself like they do and laugh about it. "Aww damn but I felt so cool saying it." or say something like "I will forever be a virgin." people would laugh at that.

I look back at all the times I've been embarrassed and go; "God damn if only I had some creativity in reacting to it."