choosing: when and where you would like to have lived?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

If you were to be born in another time and place, when and where would it be?
I mean factual and historical places, societies and eras, not fantasy worlds!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 10:50 am

I would have liked to have lived in London during my Early 20s between 1964 and 1967 when things there were really swinging having lots of young people to enjoy The Kinks and The Beatles with. I'd hang out at Carnaby Street every afternoon/evening with the friends I would have had if I was around that area, during that time. I'd also be dressing in the more unisex fashions from that time as well. I'd also dress like The Kinks were on stage in 64 and part of 65 with the red jackets, black trousers and yellow frilly shirts.

Being that I believe in Past Lives, I probably did all that stuff in my previous life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

i would rather have been born in san Francisco, sometime in the 1950s, and come of age around 1968. those were the days [if one ignores the draft].

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

Be a teenager and young adult in the 90's California! Woot woot!

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 4:55 pm

All of this sounds cool!! I love this game.
and cockneyrebel, I am an atheist but if it is the case we live lots of lives then! I would want to retain things that I learned or experienced in the other lives. It would be great.

If I were to choose some other time and place to have lived, then it could be an equalitarian pacific hunteres-gatheres society in a tropical or subtropical location or maybe some part of pagan Europe. Then I would be a shaman (or witch or warlock don't know what is the term) and I would be a very respected and full of knowledge and mytical woman. I am very intuitive and sensitive so it could be a great fit.
or it could be the last half of 19th century and beginning of 20th century (before the great war) in Scandinavian kingdoms. I would be an activist for the women's suffrage and women's rights, I would see the European belle epoque, and experience that technological boom and all those inventions, and the rise of interesting things like hypnotism, kardecism etc and I could go to other places of the world, in Africa and Asia, in a time where they were full of mysteries and wonders and all those fantastic travelers stories. I could explore and live some really amazing locations and cultures like Egypt, china, India, Tibet, when those places were not full of mcdonalds and skyscrapers. Yet.