30 Mar 2014, 3:22 am

no peeking

http://www.thebuddhistvision.com/unusua ... zfQZzyPLIU

Mine;1) peace
2) peace
3)wonder
4) Chaos
5) blink, rub eyes, lick lips
6) Look around for moisture or life, or debris on mouth. Pick it up, shake it smell it, look inside
7) listen for sounds, look for path or driveway from house out of woods
8) walk slowly, smelling, listening, looking around, small steps

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:55 am

1]- salt sea spray
2]- fallen leaves
3]- freedom
4]- athleticism
5]- figure out how to get to the oasis through the hole or otherwise
6]- sample what's in the jug
7]- walk over to the house
8]- walk until I was out of the fog.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:29 am

Nice. Not afraid of who in the cabin, not afraid of the fog, not worried about contaminated jug juice. Wonhyo. Good job.
Thank you for playing.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:40 am

1 ) wonder--the sea is the cradle of life on earth
2 ) i am home--nothing smells better than the woods
3 ) envy--i used to have dreams of flying when i was little
4 ) free, exhilarated
5 ) explore the wall, start climbing
6 ) pour some over my head, drink the rest
7 ) walk towards the house, knock, ask to use the phone?
8 ) wander--i love foggy weather, the way it feels to breathe foggy air

i was not aware i was so envious of other women. :lol:
also, i have no idea how 6) relates to my sex life, but the rest of the test was interesting.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 7:38 am

1/ Leery; watching for predators & unknown how deep the water might be <note: deep open waters are the Lab Pet's one fear since always - I have nightmares about sharks & piranhas coming up from deep water at me> That was a tricky question for me, disregard

2/ Secure & settled

3/ Peaceful & sense of joy

4/ Enthralled!

5/ Go to oasis, circling the site

6/ It's mine, all mine

7/ Curious, to inspect

8/ OK, I can cope with fog - but find a landmark for my own direction

Edit: I just now peeked! Geez.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

hank you for participating. I hope everyone learned something. I did.

ZenUrbanism
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

1. P e a c e
2. G r o u n d e d
3. F r e e d o m
4. S t r e n g t h
5. Stand staring, mesmerized
6. Take it to the oasis, fill it with water
7. Walk to the edge of the house and rest until daylight falls
8. Become one with the fog, breath it in

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 11:22 am

1.) Wonder
2.) Young
3.) Uncomfortable
4.) Intrigue
5.) Scenario is incomplete, unrealistic and surreal. A response is not possible.
6.) Am I thirsty?
7.) Houses don't reside in the woods, cabins do. If it is truly a house, I'd follow the street it's on and find my bearings.
8.) I am in fog.

Few of the answers seem to have much value in my case other than maybe numbers 1, 6 and 8. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 are actually the exact opposite of how I feel. 5 and 7 really mean nothing in the context of the answers given, and I gave a full response on 7.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

1.) Salt.
2.) Debris.
3.) Ticks, stealing my food.
4.) Boxer from Animal Farm.
5. Charge into the wall and knock it down.
6.) Drink.
7.) Check for axe murderers, ask politely for a tow.
8.) Find a safe place to sit down calmly, while I wait for the fog to subside so I don't stumble into any bog's.

Analysis.

1.) Yes, I am thirsty all the time
2.) Yes. Well, this is kind of sad actually.
3.) STD's, ???
4.) Sort of makes sense. I just watched Animal Farm.
5.) I guess.
6.) Yes, I am thirsty all the time.
7.) I don't get it.
8.) Does this mean I expect to live forever?

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

1. A sort of exhilerating dread. The unknown, inhospitable depths, and what may lurk under the surface as the sea floor falls away.

2. Relaxed. At ease. The wonderful array of texture and colour. Fairy tales. The world of dryads and fauns. The fecund earth.

3. I really don't like seagulls. Probably waiting for them to divebomb me as they go hunting for food. Does it have to be seagulls? My answer would be different with pretty much any other bird. I'll gladly watch, with delight, any other bird doing its thing, be it alone or flocking. But seagulls can take their squawk-crying, food-stealing ways and jog on.

4. That horses are one of those animals who look like they belong more in the realm of the fantastic and fabled than actually alive. There is something uncanny, unknowable, unrelateable about them. I can see why the unicorn has the hold it does, but horses aren't much less fantastical.

5. Why am I in the desert in the first place? I don't like deserts. But, assuming I am in some way stranded, I'd climb the wall if it were possible to do so, or otherwise follow the wall looking for a way in. If I'm there of my own accord, well, I don't like deserts, so I'd be on my way back.

6. Dear me, this test doesn't seem Aspie friendly :) I mean, I assume they mean a jug filled with water? I'd splash some on my face and the back of my neck, and drink it until I or it was done.

7. I would probably circle the house, trying to get a sense of who lives there, then (if thought safe) approach it and ask for help.

8. I do like the fog. We get a lot of fog here - up in the mountains. Assuming I'm somewhere I know my way around, I'd carry on whatever I was doing, enjoying the hiddeness of myself and others.

Interperetations:

1. Ha! Yes, I can see that.

2. I can't see the metaphorical relationship there.

3. Ha! I think it hugely offensive to compare any group of people to a seagull, mind.

4. Ha! Not sure I see the metaphorical relationship of the last two either, though.

5. I'm usually way more avoidant than that. So, in that if there were a way to avoid going to the desert or having to get to the oasis, I'd take it, sure. I can kind of see this one.

6. Hmm.

7. Ha!

8. Huh?

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 5:23 am

Image: One fish, some big-ass seaweed, and a hammerhead shark. All thru a veil of fizzy blue water. All very close.
Feeling: Peace. Safe. Afloat.
Image: Saw distant deer before I looked down. Maybe deer poop? Mouse (or something) hole under a raised root. Waving at me?
Feeling: Peace, Curiosity.
Image: Ease of flight, Flying away, One bird. I expect to hear it call out.
Feeling: Freedom. Escape.
Image: Counter-clockwise circle, many horses, leader is very clear: brown w/white socks, pawing air. Wild horses, not domestics.
Feeling: Active. Creative?
Look deeper into the hole, explore by eye, see if can spot any easy way in (obvious or creative) so I can avoid exploring outside too long.
Curious. Solutioning.
Dive for it.
Enthusiasm. Eagerness.
Make sure it isn't gingerbread :P and approach warily, watching for dogs (or wolves) and looking for movement clues in the lighted window. Intention upon ascending the porch: to Knock.
Interest. Caution.
8?
Some confusion before answering.
If it's a deep fog, enjoy the sense of isolation.
If it's a weak fog, remark on it (to myself), and get on with whatever I came out here to do / don't let it stop me.

As for # 6 -
(Wow, really? I would accept this as my "response to an offered relationship" but not sex itself, which is nice and all but not at all a drive in my biology / psychology. In fact at least two of my relationships ended, as they put it, because I wasn't "aggressive or assertive enough in matters of the bedroom" & friends/family have asked "don't you ever notice women when they walk by?" more often than I can count.)
Plus I've only ever had (Lifts hand to name them off to self) five partners, all decent term relationships (I'm late 30's).
And I didn't lose my virginity - nor care to - until I was 20 or 23 depending on how you define losing virginity).

/////
Edit: If the question had asked what do you do when you get the jug, I'd probably have answered "claim it, test it, be conservative with whatever it contains (first for safety, then for conservation). Because a water jug (with magical exceptions) provides a finite supply of whatever is in it...

So it isn't really that well worded. It should be an oasis, no? But that would mess with the other question.

In retrospect, a jug might be exactly how I treat sex within my relationships, and why things go awry? Do I think of sex as a... a limited resource? Something to be careful with? In general, yes. Good. But within a committed relationship? Maybe I need to add some magic to my relationships, and increase my water jug self-allocation, or start thinking of girlfriends as oases? :P Maybe I just want to find a girl who's got a limited resource jug too, and we can just spend the rest of our lives pouring our water from jug to jug? Or am I taking the analogy into "boring repetitive repeat" territory now? :P

If the purpose of any good psych quiz is to get you thinking about how you see the world around you... this one has proven... stirring.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 11:15 am

1. Beauty, Horizon, Waves
2. Peace, Freedom, Nice smells
3. Freedom
4. Freedom
5. Walk around wall and if that doesn't work, try to climb over it
6. Drink the water
7. Knock on the door and ask for help
8. Knock on the door and ask for help (assume that the same house exists in #7)

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2014, 11:20 am

Earth calling here!!

What are you guys on about?
Have you been taking LSD or other hallucinogens or something?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 11:24 am

Atom1966 wrote:
Earth calling here!!

What are you guys on about?
Have you been taking LSD or other hallucinogens or something?

http://www.thebuddhistvision.com/unusua ... zfQZzyPLIU

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2014, 11:27 am

This test is probably too abstract and vague for me.
I don't get it at all.