Anyone got any new ideas of what house to build on Sims 2?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 11:21 am

I keep building new houses and starting new families on the Sims 2, then getting bored real quick but not wanting to delete them (PC hoarder here). So now all these new houses are probably clogging up my computer.

But the point is, I get bored with the houses I build. I never know where to put the stairs, because I hate the stairs being in my way, and the landing at the top of the stairs always ends up an awkward shape and the bedrooms are either too small or too big.

I tried looking on Youtube and other internet sites to see if I can find any home ideas for the Sims 2, but it just shows ginormous houses what are too much to build and have lots of pointless space.

I would like to build a neat little cottage, but it never turns out right, just turns out as a standard Sims house whenever I build one. I would also like to build a beach home, but for some reason it seems to be harder than you think. Does anyone have any ideas? I just don't seem to be as creative as I used to be.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm

The "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" should be your best friend when building. Try some split level houses or houses with split level stairs. They look great and aren't that disturbing.

You might try to make some attic rooms but I am not sure if they are possible in Sims2 (I first tried those in Sims3). In Sims3 you make them by placing a single slope on the end of the upper room making the lowest wall, then putting another 1 slope roof on it making other walls and then use any roof you want to fill the rest of floor. You can mess it up pretty bad but if you success the house definitely won't look like a standard Sims house. And you will have to be sure to put the furniture correctly or it hits the low roof and sims get angry. :D