I'm making a Fictional Aspie character, want WPteers to help

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Feb 2007, 2:46 am

In my story, which many know about, I already have one Aspie character named Kipo, who is obsessed with Magnets and hates the touch of water. Now, I want her to have a friend, and I want the WPteers to help with ideas and making this charatcer? Is it a boy or a girl? What's his/her obsession? Any fears? Was his/her past life as rough as Kipo's was? It's all up to you!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 2:50 am

You need a guy to balance it out if you have just a girl.

Make him obsessed with some sort of weapon but contrast it with a bright personality.

Or at least that's what I'd do....

Last edited by Flagg on 22 Feb 2007, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 2:52 am

Flagg wrote:
You need a female to balance it out if you have just a guy.

Make her obsessed with some sort of weapon but contrast it with a bright personality.

Or at least that's what I'd do....

KBABZ said Kipo IS a girl.

KBABZ, with emphasis added by me wrote:
Now, I want her to have a friend

On sabbatical...

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 2:55 am

Whoops, I need to work on my reading skills.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:10 am

I might have some ideas... But my ideas are a bit, well... Different.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:13 am

*award*

Just some additional info: Kipo is of a species known as Renons, who live on the fictional planet of Initial with a couple of other species from nearby planets. Renons don't all act like Aspie, in fact they are very much like humans in mentality, as are the other species. I take advantage of the setting by giving it more technology. It's a bit like the first two episodes of Star Wars in terms of style, although not so many weapons are seen. One thing I'm particularly proud of taking advantage of is that on this planet, The Cure has been found and made. Kipo decides against it, while the WP character you guys are making does take it. Unfortunately, he/she is allergic to some of the ingredients in it, so has to stop taking it. But this is difficult because they find that the manufacturer has secretly added nicotine to The Cure (it's not the nicotine in cigarette's that kill you, it's the tar and rat poison and stuff)

Kipo already has a love interest, BTW, in the form of Volodja, a character Star came up with, and he is not of Kipo's species. star named her after a character in Lijla 4-Ever, and Volodja knows this WP character because he/she's his cousion (although not blood-related, the WP character is the son/daughter of Volodja's step-dad). And also, Volodja's NT. *gasp* Dun-dun-DUUUUUN!!

And RedMage, I don't mind, they are ideas, and this is a WP character!

In a way
We all go there

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:23 am

KBABZ wrote:
*award*

Just some additional info: Kipo is of a species known as Renons, who live on the fictional planet of Initial with a couple of other species from nearby planets. Renons don't all act like Aspie, in fact they are very much like humans in mentality, as are the other species. I take advantage of the setting by giving it more technology. It's a bit like the first two episodes of Star Wars in terms of style, although not so many weapons are seen. One thing I'm particularly proud of taking advantage of is that on this planet, The Cure has been found and made. Kipo decides against it, while the WP character you guys are making does take it. Unfortunately, he/she is allergic to some of the ingredients in it, so has to stop taking it. But this is difficult because they find that the manufacturer has secretly added nicotine to The Cure (it's not the nicotine in cigarette's that kill you, it's the tar and rat poison and stuff)

Kipo already has a love interest, BTW, in the form of Volodja, a character Star came up with, and he is not of Kipo's species. star named her after a character in Lijla 4-Ever, and Volodja knows this WP character because he/she's his cousion (although not blood-related, the WP character is the son/daughter of Volodja's step-dad). And also, Volodja's NT. *gasp* Dun-dun-DUUUUUN!!

And RedMage, I don't mind, they are ideas, and this is a WP character!

Nicotine CAN kill you. Just ask Gustave Fougnies. Oh, no you can't, he died from being poisoned by the stuff by the Count Hippolyte de Bocarme.

I saw a disturbing video showing a mouse getting a dose of pure nicotine (a video initially made, I might add, in the 50's-70's. I saw it on a doco on cigarettes). Guess what happened. It died almost intsnatly. Even a drop of pure nicotine is fatal to a human.

I have a book series broiling about in my head, but it takes the attention to cultural/historical background from Dune, and a bit of the concept from Pirates of the Caribbean.

On sabbatical...

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:26 am

All the ideas I have for characters are emo. :wink:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:29 am

Ah, thanks for that Quartermass. Although you do know that it is in small doses like in the ciggies, so that you want to take more and more of them...

In a way
We all go there

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:32 am

You should make your own fictional addictive drug ingredient!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:34 am

KBABZ wrote:
Ah, thanks for that Quartermass. Although you do know that it is in small doses like in the ciggies, so that you want to take more and more of them...

One, remember, Q-U-A-T-E-R-M-A-S-S. Not QUARTER, QUATER. I spell your username right, KBABZ. Please reciprocate.

Two, I assumed so, but with alien biology, you can never be sure. The stimulating effects of chocolate, remember, can be deadly to a dog.

On sabbatical...

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:40 am

Oh yeah! Sorry about the username. *wonders where the first 'r' went*

I did come up with a fictional drug, it causes depression when smoked (the method of which is similar to a dog). I came up with a scene involving Kipo, the drug and a knife, and it's not pretty. I've written down, and I can post it here or in the Writing section if you want. Heck, if you want to discuss alien things I have and could add, fire away!

In a way
We all go there

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 6:19 am

All I can think of, is a mildly obese Punk Rocker, who's the gender of your choice, who loves Routemasters and pets them like little ferrets. The type with the London Complex and Cockney accent that will not be given up, even for a million dollars. The ultimate Rebel of the Year, with the tough exterior and the soft heart.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 10:37 am

Kipo discovers this small robot, which has a message for someone else, but Kipo doesn't know how to find this person. So Kipo asks a wise old man who lives up in the hills for advice.

How's that, eh?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Feb 2007, 10:37 am

It should be a boy and his obsession should be chemistry. Any time you need a chemical solution for the character to a problem just pm and I will provide it :)

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 10:50 am

A good-looking doctor who likes to run, sort of a Roger Bannister-type. He also likes cats. Oh no, that's MY fantasy. Sorry!