Do you think her behaviour was uncalled for?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 10:23 am

I was at the bar once and a group of people who I didn’t know very well offered me a pint of beer. I said to them “you didn’t spike it did you?”. The girl who was in the group started shouting at me saying “why would we spike it????”.

Do you think her shouting at me was a bit rude? Before the incident I was starring at the women so that might have made her dislike me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:18 am

Haven't you started at least one other thread on this subject already?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 3:44 pm

Do you know them at all, or were they complete strangers? If they were complete strangers then I think it's fine for you to be wary of people randomly bringing you drinks, but if they're acquaintances or something she probably got offended because she thought you knew each other enough to not question them like that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 5:20 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Do you know them at all, or were they complete strangers? If they were complete strangers then I think it's fine for you to be wary of people randomly bringing you drinks, but if they're acquaintances or something she probably got offended because she thought you knew each other enough to not question them like that.

No they were strangers

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 2:41 am

Jamesy wrote:
I was at the bar once and a group of people who I didn’t know very well offered me a pint of beer. I said to them “you didn’t spike it did you?”. The girl who was in the group started shouting at me saying “why would we spike it????”.

Do you think her shouting at me was a bit rude? Before the incident I was starring at the women so that might have made her dislike me.

What the hell is wrong with you, dude?
*ALWAYS* avoid eye contact with NTs,
And pretend you don't speak their language.

"Ich spreche kein Englisch." :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 2:43 am

Fnord wrote:
Haven't you started at least one other thread on this subject already?

Do you get overtime rates? :mrgreen:

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 3:08 am

Jamesy wrote:

Assuming that the drink wasn’t spiked they may have found your response insulting: Insinuating criminality on their part.

Additionally if you were staring at one of the women in the group, they probably all noticed.
The offer of a drink may have been a ruse to give you an opportunity to talk to her.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 4:30 am

Karamazov wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Assuming that the drink wasn’t spiked they may have found your response insulting: Insinuating criminality on their part.

Additionally if you were staring at one of the women in the group, they probably all noticed.
The offer of a drink may have been a ruse to give you an opportunity to talk to her.

An aspie social mistake. <shrug>
I'm guessing it was an innocent gesture,
But who knows? <shrug sumor>

We have big problems fitting in,
Hence, my avoiding NT social contact most of the time. :wink:

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 8:16 am

Jamesy wrote:

Generally, you shouldn't accept drinks from people you don't know, even if someone offers you a drink. I would strongly advice you not to. Politely just say no and of course, that comment was unnecessary.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 9:03 am

Blint wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Generally, you shouldn't accept drinks from people you don't know, even if someone offers you a drink. I would strongly advice you not to. Politely just say no and of course, that comment was unnecessary.

This. Also, if someone did spike your drink, why would they admit it? If in doubt, just don't drink it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 9:24 am

What were you doing talking to strangers, anyways?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 9:25 am

Also, there are better ways to find a partner than going to bars.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 10:51 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Blint wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

This. Also, if someone did spike your drink, why would they admit it? If in doubt, just don't drink it.

Well I was only joking about the drink spiking part. I am guessing though my tone and body language might have come across to the lady like I was being serious.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

An aspie social mistake. <shrug>
I'm guessing it was an innocent gesture,
But who knows? <shrug sumor>

We have big problems fitting in,
Hence, my avoiding NT social contact most of the time. :wink:

:lol: indeed. Was one of those which makes me think ”I’ve been there before”...
And then twigged the humans were trying to be friendly several years later :roll:
Bridge not only burned, but composted too :lol:

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 2:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
Blint wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Well I was only joking about the drink spiking part. I am guessing though my tone and body language might have come across to the lady like I was being serious.

This sounds like the most likely scenario. :lol:
You could just make an excuse that you got a friend that needs you because he got himself so drunk, he needed to be carried home. Find the nearest drain, throw it and come back to her without looking suspicious. :wink:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 11:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
Blint wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Ah okay, that makes sense. In that case my advice is to avoid dark humor with people who don't know you well.