Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NateSean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2014, 10:30 am

At the Scene of an Accident

For the record, I'm over it by now, and I actually wasn't as upset as I seem in the blog post. Yesterday morning was an interesting one to say the least.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 6:14 pm

I think you were useful, getting the guy in the car to safety.

Of course, it would have been useful to get the license plate number--but it seems like things happened so fast.

I reiterate: it's great (and useful) that you were able to get the guy in the guy to safety.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 6:47 pm

dont be so hard on self,natesean-were able to rescue a man from a dangerous situation,that is quite a rare trait today.
what a lot of people do now,is whip out their mobile [cell] phones and take photos of the accident instead of trying to help in any capacity.
have seen many a video of people who had been in very brutal accidents;such as a lorry running over their body leaving their lower innards all over the place but them still alive,the videos of people hit by trains [some still barely living] or the videos of peoples skulls burst open after being run over-and what do people do? record it on their phone with their mates,disgusting.

however,from watching years of stupid emergency services programmes at night when nothing else is on, they all seem to say to not encourage/help people out of a crashed car unless there are flames coming out because of the possibility of spinal injuries but it sounds like that car woud have gone up in flames anyway and am sure he will be greatful once the shock has worn off.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 10:58 pm

The most useless is doing nothing.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 11:23 am

I read your blog post and you seemed to me pretty useful at the scene. By now the guy who was hit has probably told friends and family his version of the story too and I am positive that his story includes something like, "Thank God that guy was there when it happened".

It is probably pretty rare that a witness to a hit-and-run actually remembers the license plate number but the police always ask just in case.