Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 4:53 am

is it only my family and acquaintances?

It feels like direct communication has gone the way of the string can telephone. All about the internet I see people who are familiar with each other who communicate their feelings, personal issues, conflicts, whatever via innuendo status messages, memes or some other self created code, but are incapable of direct communication unless it is verbally battering each other into submission. My family specifically throws these little insinuations or whatever and if you ask them what the problem is always either "nothing," or "what makes you think its about you?"

Hello Captain Obvious. I have one sister who continuously posts such things just long enough to be seen then deletes them and accuse anyone of saying something of seeing things she didnt post or say.

And then strangers communicating online might just as well draw swords and duel, myself, I admit, included at times. I don't know that anyone online is innocent when it comes to this practice if we are all completely honest.

There has to be a better way to exchange vowels and consonants.

Maybe the Chinese got it right from the giddyup. Communicate via pictograms. Gimme a 64 count box of crayola please.

ReverieMe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 May 2014, 8:49 am

I know people who still talk, but I think the Internet just makes people who struggle already worse in some cases. If you're not good at communicating, status updates are oh-so-convenient ways to get passive-aggressive.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 9:57 am

ReverieMe wrote:
I know people who still talk, but I think the Internet just makes people who struggle already worse in some cases. If you're not good at communicating, status updates are oh-so-convenient ways to get passive-aggressive.

Yeah, me not into the status message thing. I like to be direct.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 12:59 pm

khaoz wrote:
ReverieMe wrote:

Yeah, me not into the status message thing. I like to be direct.

Amen. If people start doing that stuff, I unfriend/unfollow/uncircle/disconnect,etc from them. I don't have time for it in person or online. Talk to me or don't, I don't bite passive-aggressive bait. It keeps my relationships healthy and to a small group of trusted people.