Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 9:40 am

Too much mandated dress conformity leads to weak minded NT's becoming obedient to things they ought not be obedient to.

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2014, 8:59 pm

I can't stand bell bottom pants or the "mullet" haircut that was popular in the 70s/80s. Also, I can't stand guys wearing overly short shorts....

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 10:09 pm

Definitely hating on the skinny jeans. I came of age in the time of wide-leg everything, and I'd like it back now please lol, or at least a bit more wide-leg!! I'll never understand the trend of wearing clothes that hardly even fit the person wearing them!

--Aldous Huxley

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 9:20 am

Hi Smudge.

I know that because I've worked closely with the court system for 33 years. I see people being released from prison looking just that way.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 3:59 pm

Those tank tops with the printed 'angel wings' on the back that seem to be very popular among the obese trailer park set. Nothing says 'class' like angel wings. :roll:

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Smudge.

I know that because I've worked closely with the court system for 33 years. I see people being released from prison looking just that way.
I always hated that 'fashion,' not only knowing that it came from prison culture but also because the way they walk with those loose pants, it looked like they crapped themselves and are trying to avoid mashing the turd between their buttocks.

wavecannon
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

Polo shirts
Sweat pants (tracksuit bottoms are benign in comparison)
Obscene slogans (we share this world with children)
Underpants showing, arses showing
Baseball caps outside original context
Animal skins

Mullets
Patchy facial hair

Genuinely irked by flabby exposed flesh

Worst of all by quite some margin: onesies

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2014, 8:56 pm

Pajama bottoms in public. It's an advertisement to what revolting trash a person is. Around here it's always the white trash "people of WalMart" types that do it.

The majority of women's clothing.

Sweat pants.

Hipster glasses.

slu*ty clothes for little girls. No explanation needed.

Another trend I hated which thankfully seems to have gone by the wayside were those obnoxiously huge bug eye sunglasses for women. Aviator sunglasses are all the rage now and I think those look much nicer.

The unkempt "I haven't shaved in two weeks" stubble look on men. It makes them look like lazy bums who haven't gotten up off the couch all day and decided to roll out in public looking like they just woke up. This is a personal preference but I prefer the clean shaven look or at least groom what facial hair you do have.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 10:55 pm

I hate skinny jeans. They assume all women have wider guts than butts (either because of being overweight->big gut, or severely underweight->no butt). I am 117lbs. I am fit, have a shapely toned butt and thighs and I can't find a single pair of pants at freaking H&M that fit me. I can't wait for them to go away.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

My biggest dislike, is saggy pants (guys or girls). I never did that, even when it was popular among the mainstream in the 90s. My second dislike is probably severely out-of-shape women wearing very tight and revealing clothes. That's a major turn-off, and if I were still interested in dating, I'd definitely be more likely to notice (in a good way) a woman wearing suitable clothes (in shape or not). And as far as out-of-shape men wearing stringer tanks and muscle shirts, that's fine because it just makes ME look better in comparison :wink:

Charles

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 12:19 pm

Holes stretched in people's ears. Just why? And I don't like it when they're big either. WHY??! ! It's not so bad if it's a fairly small spirally-thing, but everything else about ear stretching I don't really find attractive.

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm

I hate people gushing about boring, normal clothing.

And I hear it SO much... because I sit next to the events team at work...
And every day it is the same thing. One of them paid way too much for some new dress or new shoes or new coat.... and it is always a really boring piece of plain fabric that looks exactly like all of their other clothes.... and their entire team starts gushing about how great it is and how wonderful and whatever the hell else...

All the time... I just sit there... trying my best to ignore it... because they're getting overexcited about the most boring piece of mundane trash imaginable. The same clothing that fills hundreds of clothing shops, near-identical copies lining every wall. The same kind of ridiculous mind-set that results in women buying a hundred pairs of near-identical shoes.

Boring. Boring. Boring.

Of course the way I prefer to dress... everyone stares at me. So many gormless, staring idiots.
And unfortunately it usually doesn't seem like admiration so much as "what is that freak doing" ...
I've been asked if I was cosplaying a few times... but no. Not cosplaying. That is just how I dress... in public.

... I just don't get them, and they don't get me... and never shall the two meet.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm

^ Perhaps everyone's just staring at that beautiful smile on your face.

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2014, 1:09 pm

smudge wrote:
^ Perhaps everyone's just staring at that beautiful smile on your face.

I'm impervious to sarcasm.
And I don't emote much in public. Least of all smiles. I dislike smiles.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm

^ Nothing wrong with that. It's just that you judge people for their clothing too.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm

Eventually nudism is going to become the dominant fashion style. Of course by that time the last humans will probably be crawling around on all fours in a post apocalyptic wasteland grunting and contemplating the mystery of cigarette filters chewing gum and plastic packaging

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3