Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2018, 9:19 pm

Tell me if you like thunderstorms, I think their fascinating. :)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 9:28 pm

As long as I'm indoors, I love them. Not so fond of having to go walk my dog in pouring rain, though, even though he doesn't seem to mind. Although I tend to get a bit worried if they start getting really intense - I live in Kansas, we typically have the tornado sirens go off at least two or three times during the spring/summer, and that does frighten me a bit.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 9:38 pm

I love thunderstorms when I'm indoors. I like to pod up under my green blankets during those storms. It makes me feel like a safe and cozy little Sweet Pea.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 10:43 pm

Love thunderstorms.
I was camping in a tent the last time and it didn't bother me at all, although my friend was terrified and packed up and went home.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 1:26 am

Love them

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 1:29 am

Love them. It's such a release.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 6:25 am

I do love thunderstorms, but at the same time I have anxiety of lightning striking my home and causing a damaging fire.

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 7:30 am

I absolutely love thunderstorms.

Gray days make me feel like I'm wrapped in a wonderful blanket. I love the shapes and colors of the clouds. I love the sounds of thunder. And I like the extra moisture in the air.

ImageImageImage

Sianann
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2018, 7:56 am

I love them. We had the most magical thunderstorm in the Midlands yesterday. The rain was hopping off the ground. I simply had to go into the garden to experience the wondrous intensity of it all. God only knows when we'll get one here again.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 11:08 am

Yes,but without hail or tornados.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jun 2018, 12:15 pm

I wouldn't say I like them but I wouldn't say I dislike them either as long as I'm not out in em & the power & cable & net doesn't go out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:24 pm

I used to HATE them until I was around 15, always keeping my ears covered whenever one would pass through, from the first rumble til the last trace of it. Eventually, I grew to like them.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 12:29 pm

As a child I was terrified of them but now I love them. Unfortunately we don't get many in the part of the UK where I live.

A couple of times I have been right in the middle of thunderstorms when camped high in the mountains which was frightening and fascinating in equal measure. On one occasion a friend and I were right in the middle of multiple storms when camped at around 2500 metres in the Pyrenees. The intensity of the rain was unbelievable and the lightning and thunder were continuous for much of the night. The Pyrenees are well known for their storms as moist unstable air from the Bay of Biscay meets the hot dry air from the Spanish side of the mountains. The following day we met a mountain guide who remarked on how spectacular the storms had been.

In my local mountains of the English Lake District I once arrived on a summit in a spectacular hail storm and found myself wondering what the odd buzzing noise was. I suddenly realised that hail equals cloud electrification and my trekking poles, attached to the outside of my rucksack were pointing up in the air like lightning conductors and were the source of the buzzing. I bailed off the summit a bit smartish.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 2:04 pm

I love the drama and beauty of thunderstorms. I love to watch the jagged bolts pierce the sky and spread out over a vast area. Especially when I am safe inside. Sometimes the entire night sky is illuminated by a series of strikes. Now I live in the lightning capital of the US and have had enough experience with lightning strikes that they do scare me when they come close, as in hitting the side of the house. This happens 2-3 times per year during the rainy season. But even when it scares me, I get sort of a buzz out of it. :oops:

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 2:15 pm

I like but respect them (I always unplug devices I care about if I know a a thunderstorm is coming).

I used to love them but not anymore - the place I am currently living in doesn't have good view for storm watching and storms rarely survive here (they die off before the city and get reborn after passing it - the air over the city is just too dry to fuel them) so it is boring. Also it's bothersome when you are out in the city and the tram suddenly fails, forcing you to walk when it's raining cats and dogs. I am scared of walking when lightnings hit nearby too, especially with umbrella.

A lightning hitting my radio-internet antenna is another reason why I like them less now. No, not because I was scared or anything - it was an interesting experience - home lights blinked and there was really loud thunder, my cat freaked out... But afterwards the thunderstorms started to bore me. It wasn't a big deal, compared to how I imagined. I always wanted to experience a lightning hitting nearby and it was disappointing. Even the damage was fixed easily - internet stopped working after the hit so I called my internet provider and they replaced the antenna within a hour. There was also damage in the LAN sockets of router and TV(TV was working fine, just no internet). I never used internet on the TV anyway so I didn't care - but my mom cared, and she made it so we got new TV from house insurance and as for the router - it still has 3 other LAN sockets and all devices except the TV use wifi anyway.

BTW. I am liking thunderstorms a little more now - recently a thunderstorm made me spend a few more hours with my crush - I concluded it's not a good idea to let him go to the other end of city when it's raining cats and dogs and lightning like crazy so I offered him to wait it out in my house. Lucky! 8)

mended
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2018, 2:27 pm

Love them. Best viewed from a car (Faraday Cage).