What shall I have for dinner tomorrow?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

aradesh
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

I'm going food shopping tomorrow and I always get the same things. My evening meals for a while have been one of: baked potato with tuna & sweetcorn mayonnaise, frozen pizza, frozen curry with naan bread.

Any ideas? I want to try to eat more vegetables! By the way I'm fairly kitchen illiterate, so if I am required to make something I'll need instructions :P

aradesh
Raven
Raven

29 Jan 2015, 5:10 am

Not one suggestion? Looks like I'll be going hungry at this rate! :lol:

aradesh
Raven
Raven

29 Jan 2015, 4:17 pm

Well I bought curry again. I also bought two avocados. I will have one as a meal with some peanut butter. :D

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm

In what country do you live? Maybe, Campbell's Chunky Style Vegetable Soup.

aradesh
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2015, 4:23 am

I'm in the UK so I probably can't find the same brand. But I do like soup, and vegetable soups/broths are popular here.

Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 5:26 am

Cooking is actually a lot easier than you might think. The only excuse one can make to not cook is because they're too lazy. Having said that, I am VERY lazy. But I can still cook a mean meatloaf. It's fairly simple and gives me all the red meat and vegetables that I would otherwise not get. If you think you can take the time, it's a good start.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 8:25 am

If you are feeling lazy or incompetent, you can mix a can of four bean mix and a jar of extra hot tomato dip sauce (usually used for corn chips) together. It makes an easy meal. I do this when I'm feeling very lazy.

If you are feeling a bit less lazy or incompetent, you can mix some cooked quinoa with spring onion, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, spinach, chillies and/or whatever veggies you like (all raw). Very delicious and healthy.

Alternatively, you can always walk to McDonald's and get a cheese burger deal.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 8:57 am

aradesh wrote:
Any ideas? I want to try to eat more vegetables! By the way I'm fairly kitchen illiterate, so if I am required to make something I'll need instructions :P

Cooking is trial and error. I can never get things ready at the same time.
Do you want to develop your kitchen savy?
Instructions galore online with recipes to match but you will need to learn some basics (this is where the tial and error comes into it)
Always have two lists
One for ingredients
and one with cooking instructions

Omelette is easy I suppose

Make sure you have these:

3 eggs
little milk
salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme or other to taste (trial and error again)
ham, bacon, cheese, mushrooms, pepper, beans, peas or anything you fancy, to taste chopped into little bits
bowl
whisk
frying pan
little butter
flat spatula

Then

Break eggs into bowl and whisk
I always add a little milk to make it runnier
add herbs/spices
whisk more
Heat pan up and melt butter on high heat
When pan is hot pour in whisked egg
With the flat spatula loosen the edges of the omelet and move the pan so the space fills with liquid
If you have big puddles in the middle that don't disappear break them up to solidify the liquid egg as evenly as possible.
Turn the heat down by 2/3
Add the chopped up other ingredients and slide the flat spatula under half the egg and flip it shut.
Leave for good 5 minutes and slide onto your plate to eat

:D :D