What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 131 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 8:16 pm

Fortunately I don't remember my dreams very often.

Weirdest one so far IIRC: I was smoking weed with Obama and Biden, they were both wearing aviators, we were just talking about stuff, they both were acting too cool for school. Biden gave me a rocket launcher, then I realized I was probably dreaming, did the plug-your-nose trick, which started a lucid dream. I walked up a stone spiral staircase, walked into a room, looked in the mirror and instead of a face I just had a bunch of bloody gore. Woke up from the fright.

Usually when I make a dream turn lucid, it goes badly, lol.

Another thing that happens to me often, a dream turning into total loss of control over my body inside the dream, loss of vision, loss of all senses, difficulty breathing, which then turns into sleep paralysis. At that point I either struggle to gain control and wake up, or just wind up drifting back into regular sleep. I have a lot of the "loss of control" thing when dreaming.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 8:18 pm

^^^you dream way better [more skillfully] than I do. :wtg:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^Claradoon, you are fortunate to live in a nation whose government was sufficiently wise and non-corrupt, to have hardened its electrical grid against an EMP attack. we amuuricans have done no such thing, and we are among most other western nations uniquely vulnerable to such an attack, which if it happened, would kill off 90% of us amuuuricans within a year. nightmare material for sure.

Did we? I didn't know. Was it connected with having to rebuild Quebec's entire grid after The January Storms?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jan 2018, 10:12 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Hi Claradoon

That fits, and it fits perfectly - parents in Hawaii were loading their children (and the children's pets) into storm drains to try and give them the most protection they could. And yes, I dreamed it last night (this morning early). The total isolation once I was inside the "shelter" would also fit, the lack of reasonable structure would fit (symbolic). And also true, nobody's money will be worth anything in such a situation - it might as well vanish.

Thank you. Understanding the source helps me with lucid dreaming - all I could do last night was to force myself awake. If I know what the dream is about, though, I can often modify it.

What's lucid dreaming and why?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 10:33 pm

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^Claradoon, you are fortunate to live in a nation whose government was sufficiently wise and non-corrupt, to have hardened its electrical grid against an EMP attack. we amuuricans have done no such thing, and we are among most other western nations uniquely vulnerable to such an attack, which if it happened, would kill off 90% of us amuuuricans within a year. nightmare material for sure.

Did we? I didn't know. Was it connected with having to rebuild Quebec's entire grid after The January Storms?

most likely.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 10:34 pm

Claradoon wrote:

lucid dreaming is the ability to have waking consciousness in a dream and, therefore, the ability to consciously direct one's actions in a dream. it is a comparatively rare talent associated with spiritual evolvement.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 10:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

lucid dreaming is the ability to have waking consciousness in a dream and, therefore, the ability to consciously direct one's actions in a dream. it is a comparatively rare talent associated with spiritual evolvement.

I wouldn't call it a difficult-to-obtain talent, though it might be rare. All you have to do is make it routine to test whether you're in a dream, or simply remember ways to test whether you're in a dream and test them out when you think you might be dreaming.

If you pinch your nose shut during a dream, you can still breathe through it. When you do that in a dream, it instantly becomes a lucid dream. I used to do it a lot, but typically lucid dreams seem to go really badly, at least for me.

While you can control things to some extent, or change locations just by spinning around, your mind often comes up with things you wouldn't expect, and it can try to put you back into regular dreaming or show you horrific things that scare you awake. Sometimes you just outright wake up from the experience of knowing you're dreaming.

I purposefully refrain from doing it intentionally, but I still will lucid dream often and usually hate it lol. Being aware you're in a dream doesn't make a nightmare any less scary, at least to me.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^you dream way better [more skillfully] than I do. :wtg:

Lol thanks.
Maybe you have some skillful dreams but don't even remember them :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 10:56 pm

I've not been able to remember in my dreams that I have a nose to pinch, much less to pinch it. I've also never been able to be hypnotized.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 10:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

I didn't realize it was rare, but then I didn't talk about my dreams much for a long, long time.

I always know I'm asleep and dreaming, when I do this. Most of the time I know what the dream is about, what it symbolizes, so I can alter the dream - if I don't like what is happening I can modify it, or "reboot" and dream about something else, or wake myself up. Now and then I'm stuck watching, fully aware it's a dream, and the only thing I can do is force myself awake. That usually means I don't know what the dream is about while it's happening.

We don't remember all of our dreams, so I probably have others that aren't lucid, but all the ones I remember are lucid. I don't know if this is how it works for other lucid dreamers.

(I'm not entirely sure about my spiritual evolution :oops: would like to think so :oops: :shrug: )(Edit in: maybe it's about like this: look behind the curtains)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 11:06 pm

^^^I think you are spiritually evolved. :star: also, people who routinely lucid-dream tend to score in the gifted range IQ-wise. it is a mark of intellectual giftedness.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

^^ You're kind, but I'll look into this area more seriously now - I've just taken it for granted. I'm pretty sure my dad also did it, in fact I think I learned the term from him.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 11:43 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

I didn't realize it was rare, but then I didn't talk about my dreams much for a long, long time.

I always know I'm asleep and dreaming, when I do this. Most of the time I know what the dream is about, what it symbolizes, so I can alter the dream - if I don't like what is happening I can modify it, or "reboot" and dream about something else, or wake myself up. Now and then I'm stuck watching, fully aware it's a dream, and the only thing I can do is force myself awake. That usually means I don't know what the dream is about while it's happening.

We don't remember all of our dreams, so I probably have others that aren't lucid, but all the ones I remember are lucid. I don't know if this is how it works for other lucid dreamers.

(I'm not entirely sure about my spiritual evolution :oops: would like to think so :oops: :shrug: )(Edit in: maybe it's about like this: look behind the curtains)

Interesting. In one of my lucid dreams I "spoke with God" who took the form of this white whale sort of creature, and then turned into a Mark Twain looking guy who I conversed with for a while. We spoke about philosophical things, then I pointed out the fact this was a dream, and wasn't real. His rebuttal: "just because you're dreaming, doesn't mean it isn't real" IIRC that might even be a direct Harry Potter quote. Then he turned back into the whale thing and swam off.

That said I fully think it was just a dream and no more. A very interesting one, though.

The "religious experiences" had while being awake are much more intense, by many orders of magnitude, though they do require entering a state of psychosis. I could tell you all sorts of things about Enlightenment, but I will say: whether real or not, it is pure insanity either way. I could also tell you what it feels like to think God is directly talking to you and guiding your actions, and other such experiences. Took me like a month to fully recover to my old agnostic self :lol:

Having a "self" again was much quicker, luckily.

The brain is capable of some pretty weird stuff.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Jan 2018, 6:46 am

A cow in the middle of the city. I pointed out that she was not Holstein Friesian because her color was rusty, not black and white. She got angry, came to me and bit my hand until it bleeded.
I looked at my hand, wondering if I ever heard of a cow biting someone.

Also, back from the dreams, I see you're having an interesting conversation about spirituality. I've had some such expiriences too... I have no idea how much of my brain and how much of Something More created them but they did actually help me back then and sort of remain in me, despite my agnosticism.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

I've concluded that spicy tofu for supper is the key to having weird dreams. I'm not sure why.
Last night I had three sequential dreams, but the first might be the most important.
The first dream was entirely in the first person. I was either on a spaceship or a space station of some kind, and everything was sterile and white. Apparently I was being prepared for a space journey of some kind, and I was very frightened. There were women who looked like nurses, dressed in white, and one approached me with a very big hypodermic needle in her hand. I managed to ask, “Is there some freezing gel I could have first, please?’, or something to that effect, and the nurse obligingly smeared some on my left arm. I didn’t feel the needle, or look at it. Then I had to climb into a very small space capsule of some kind, and I was very nervous and a little afraid because it was barely big enough for me to fit into. I said ‘I’m afraid of confined spaces’, which is odd because I’m not usually. I lay down in the capsule, and the lid started to go down, and I nearly started to panic, but then the needle started to take effect, and there was this blank grey interlude in which I wasn’t aware of anything. It was more...not unpleasant than falling asleep; it’s hard to find the right word for it. I woke up in the dream as the lid was going up, and I had arrived at my destination and was being greeted by many kind and friendly people.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 2:20 pm

I had a dream this morning that I took the day off without telling anyone and went on a really long drive. In some medium sized town about 400 miles away, I stopped to do my laundry which I just happened to have in my pickup -- far more laundry to do at one time than I've ever had clothes at one time. I carried in laundry basket after laundry basket after landry basket from the back of my pickup. The town I stopped in didn't use our currency and so I had to exchange dollar bills for whatever currency they used. Then, the laundry machines worked in completely different ways than any laundry machine I had ever seen before. Some elderly woman doing her laundry was kind enough to show me how to work the machines. I spent so much time doing laundry that I woke up before I finished.