What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 222 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 7:10 pm

^^i believe you've answered your own question.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 8:05 am

Lately seem to best remember the dreams closest to time I woke up.
Had multiple dreams last night.
(is just now 7am here)
Final one involved tinplate boat toys which had clockwork motors.
And me buying both the complete toys and just the motors for making my own boats but with wooden hulls.

At end of dream, or was it another dream, because I went from adult to child, was me and 3 other kids in family room opening a box which had been sent to us. It had plastic versions of a couple of the clockwork boat toys plus other features for creating an underwater city.
Including some clockwork boats/submarines with battery powered hoists with cord and hooks.
Wallpaper on one side of family room tied in to the undersea city theme.
We had pulled those toys out of box and were in process of sorting them out and setting them up when I awoke.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 9:17 am

I rarely remember my dreams, then when I do, they aren't good ones. This one wasn't a bad dream, it was weird, but not bad. I'll take it.

I was in a dream version of my old house. I was visiting it. I'm not sure if it was about to be tore down and I wanted one last walk through, or what, but I was there for some nostalgia based reason. There were all these squatters living there. Most of them were high out of their minds or trying their best to get high out of their minds. I was walking around with dream version of one of my grown kids. The grown child was angry that these people were all up in their house, destroying it, and they wondered how and why I wasn't mad too. I shrugged and said I was fine with them being there because it was winter and the house had a wood burning stove. It made sense they'd be in that particular house...besides wasn't that what houses were supposed to do? Keep people warm, protected/sheltered from the elements? If we couldn't be there anymore, someone should be there.

I was walking around, looking at the hard wood floors, the molding and little details I had apparently forgotten about. I went and sat out on the enclosed porch, and it was suddenly warm outside. No more winter, it was summer. The house was in a different location (all totally irrelevant in the dream, of course). The shared driveway was the same. There were generic dream neighbors there, and they were sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway, some more neighbors sitting on their porch. They had a big dog who came running across the driveway to me as soon as it saw me. The squatters on the enclosed porch with me started freaking out when the dog came charging, but I told them it was fine. I opened the porch door for the dog, it tore in, jumping up on me, trying to lick my face. I grabbed onto the critter, petting it, giving it a big hug, before fussing at it for taking off on its people and walking it back over to one of the neighbors, and petting their other, smaller dog.

It was weird. In the dream, I never liked the house that much. I'd liked the porch and some of the details in the interior, but all in all, it wasn't a great house or neighborhood. I liked the neighbors' dogs, but I never much liked the neighbors. Still, I stood in the driveway for a minute and was thinking about how I'd never get to live any of that ever again. There was a solid understanding that it was over.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Feb 2022, 4:39 am

Today:
I was sent to a war with Russia, as a reporter-spy. My task was to figure out what was going on and report emotional, marketable content to the newspaper and tactical content to another entity.
It was chaos and lies everywhere but I was doing my job the best I could - but all the time I was horribly fearing I might orphan my children.

I rarely feel fear in my dreams but in this one, it was overwhelming.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 3:09 am

Despite the fact that I finally graduated last year and don't have to go to school anymore, when I get really stressed out I still have dreams about being in school and fretting about getting my diploma. :?

I had one a couple days ago where I thought that I didn't pass enough classes last year, and it was setting in that I missed my last chance to graduate and had consequently f****d up my future + failed at achieving something so basic to most people. I almost had a panic attack in my dream and it woke me up. :(

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 10:42 am

James Corbett took me to Japan in a Submarine, It was quite vivid, I remember we got to Japan for a bit, but none of the details past the submarine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 5:45 am

dreamt i was sleeping in a reverse-order version of my late mother's old bedroom, and i had awaken at night to go to the bathroom, and my older brother's bedroom door was open, and my turning on my bedside table lamp awoke him as well, and he was mad at me, he jumped up and ran to my door and hissed "why the F did you turn your light on for? i'm tryin' to get some sleep here!" and i told him "i'm sorry but i need to be able to see my way so i don't trip over something," and i went up and headed for the bathroom, but instead of that, i found myself on rollerblades gliding and swaying down the old country road near my late parents' old house, it was just before sunrise and the air was as a lukewarm summer morning ambience, i was headed for the lake and out of the corner of my eye i saw my brother on a mountain bike pedaling towards me as i headed for the lake shore. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 7:31 pm

i dreamt i was in the kitchen of my tin can, at the computer when i noticed the lights stopped working, it was grayish dusk outside, the curtains were open and there was just enough gray light inside to see what i was doing. i noticed some ominous unnatural sounds coming from somewhere inside so i made my way down the hall to investigate, when i noticed my spare bedroom light was on, i went inside in search of the noise, i dug through my open closet through a bunch of stuff until i found an unused telephone with speech coming from the receiver, i picked it up and it said words to the effect that since nobody was using this phone, it was having a conversation with itself.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was in the kitchen of my tin can, at the computer when i noticed the lights stopped working, it was grayish dusk outside, the curtains were open and there was just enough gray light inside to see what i was doing. i noticed some ominous unnatural sounds coming from somewhere inside so i made my way down the hall to investigate, when i noticed my spare bedroom light was on, i went inside in search of the noise, i dug through my open closet through a bunch of stuff until i found an unused telephone with speech coming from the receiver, i picked it up and it said words to the effect that since nobody was using this phone, it was having a conversation with itself.

I love it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:37 pm

i dreamt that i was asleep in the bedroom of my late folks' house, and i was awoken by a sudden movement in the hallway outside my bedroom door, i saw black-pantlegs standing just outside, then suddenly this big black mass flooded into my room and jumped on me and smothered me, 2 black arms reached out from the mass and grabbed my throat and throttled me, i jumped up and threw off this thing and started pummeling it with my fists. then i jumped out of my bedroom and ran down the hallway to the phone to call 911, i saw a big statuesque black man sauntering out of my bedroom towards me, i balled up my fist and wound up a haymaker and gave it all i had, he expertly deflected my feeble punch and stood staring at me with a mix of boredom and derision, sneeringly asking me "is that all you got??". i asked him what the hell was he doing in my house, he casually told me my fellow employees paid him to give me a good scare, i told him to tell the employees i was going to set my lawyer on them all. he tried to make light of the situation, he told me to call him Ave, short for Averill, which he said he didn't like the name so he called himself Ave, i told him it was a distinguished name and that i'd take it. he smiled. then i awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:44 pm

I had a dream this morning in which I was in a city built entirely on private property. People would buy rights to a house or lot for a certain amount of time (150 years or more) that could be sold to other individuals (not corporations) or returned to the owner of all the property in the city.

In the dream, there were a number of fast food restaurants, but the leases were all to individuals, not the chain.

The city had streets, but in the city center, they were only available for emergency (police, fire, ambulance), for deliveries, and for construction or maintenance, so there was almost no traffic. Most people walked, rode bicycles, or took the bus or subway.

It also had canals similar to those in Amsterdam. In the dream, I kept going back to the issue of how to have canals and subways in the same city.

When stopped for a traffic violation, the vehicle was confiscated on the spot and taken to a storage yard. It was up to the owner (on the title) to pick up the car and pay the various fees, not a representative of the owner. A ticket could also be issued for the violation, but mostly the cost of getting the vehicle back was enough. The driver and occupants would have to wait at the side of the road for someone to come get them or wait for a bus.

Anyone with a criminal violation was banned from the city. The ban could be appealed but only after all time for the criminal violation (including probation and parole, if any) had been served. If banned and found on the property without the ban having been lifted, it was an automatic year in jail and the ban could no longer be lifted.

It sounds boring, doesn't it? I like boring.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 6:16 pm

I'm visiting with someone and I keep snagging a fingernail on something, mostly inside my pocket. I eventually rip off a piece. It doesn't really help. The nail is still jagged. It rip off another piece, and another. I take a closer look and there's another nail that is also jagged, so I rip a piece of that one off. And another. Etc.

So, my friend is sitting on her carpet among some craft supplies or something, and I accidentally drop a bunch of my nail pieces around her. She doesn't seem to notice, but surely she's going to encounter them. I'm horrified. I look for a trash basket and I find one and I go over there and drop my nail clippings, of which there are apparently a lot, and not only do I miss the trash with some of them, and they, too end up on the carpet, but now I see that it wasn't even a trash bin. It was a gift bag I just dropped nail clippings into.

How's that? A dream about nail clippings, lol.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 12:01 pm

^^^Extremely long fingernails can symbolize not letting go, while broken fingernails show how change must take place even while you hold to the past. If your fingernails fall out, there is a sense of being forced to let go of what you thought you needed. Fingernails can also be associated with wisdom. mebbe your friend doesn't appreciate your wisdom?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 5:23 pm

an unnamed wrong planet member appeared in a most recent dream where i was in some kind of large restaurant and night club/supper club, a Japanese or Pilipino performer had just finished some kind of dance, and she already was partly out of her bulky and uncomfortable costume, and she was lavishing affection on some tanned man [who resembled actor Ben Kingsley] who had climbed upon the stage, dressed resplendently in a shiny dark brown silky or satin Nehru suit and black Italian shoes, man was bald with a chrome dome. unnamed WP member, also balding and pale, appearing as if he had just come from some sweaty yard work and dressed in dirty work clothes, jumped up on the stage and tried to get affection from the dancer but she rudely shoved him back and said "EEW! get AWAY from ME!!" :eew:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:09 pm

i hope nobody decodes the above dream in terms of personage.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 7:27 pm

I had a dream recently where I had to eat a brick of something that contained little, live snakes. They were tough and squirmy. It was gross.