What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 6 of 249 [ 3969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm

hannahdelavel123 wrote:
The weirdest dream I ever had is when my ex and I get back together. Like it's so awkward. Haha

welcome to WP! Image

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:23 am

I had 3 demi dreams- first one was I had to pee into a large metal ashtray atop an old fashioned metal and stone tower platform like what one used to see in public places several decades back. after filling it up, I carried the whole thing into the nearest bathroom to dump it into the toilet. my brother was watching me with a spock-like raised eyebrow. then I dreamt I was in a room full of gold, with two other civil servants [all of whom, including me, were dressed in identical poplin khaki] whose job was to measure and weigh all the gold. it gleamed like, well, gold. then I dreamt I was in the army again and I was late for work, in my parents' house incongruously, struggling to get my clothes on rightwards and not backwards, but everything was in slow motion and took tremendous effort. :?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 8:46 am

I just woke up from a dream in which I rode a horse something like a hundred feet down a vertical shaft and then rode him out of the shaft after reaching the bottom.

Why we were going down and then up a shaft is completely unclear to me. It had something to do with shaving.

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2015, 6:36 pm

No matter what dream I'm having I can usually manipulate it. Unless it's a really bad nightmare.

I've always had this one very scary dream, in which a red demon like creature followed me around with strange weapons.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

I had nightmares all night long, about being back in the army for the third time [previous nightmares had me back in the army 2 decades after getting out the first time, so this nightmare was worse]. I was totally out of place amongst all these recruits, this old man with his hippie-length hair and bearing, surrounded by youngsters with butch haircuts and the same drill sergeants [who hardly noticed me] I had back in the day, they hadn't aged at all! I was struggling to get my act together when, towards the end of the dream, I was thinking to myself, I joined the second and third times because I was having financial difficulties, the second time hadn't fattened up my finances enough but I thought this trouble just isn't worth joining the damned army yet again! so I packed up my stuff, and with fellow WP member "ImAnAspie" we both walked away and to the airport to go back home before I left, I looked at myself in the mirror [very rare occurrence in my dreams] and I saw somebody totally different- my hair was magically butch-length but I was deeply tanned and looked like a greek young man, with thick black hair, piercing black eyes and sharp features, very handsome- in fact I wished I looked more like that in real waking life! I had facial hair that, although shaved closely, was so dense that it looked like I still had a 5 o'clock shadow. but in the dream I admired my reflection for a bit before leaving. strange, no? :huh:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jan 2015, 9:22 pm

I had a very realistic feeling and strange dream last night. Here is the dream. I looked out my living room window and saw something peculiar in the ditch running between the highway and my front lawn. It was rainy out and appeared to be mid-morning. I walked out of my house and across the lawn toward the ditch. There were several kittens around a mother cat in the damp part of the ditch. To their side was a human baby, in danger of becoming submerged in the drain water. My wife and I picked the baby up and took it inside. I asked her, "What are we going to do with it?" My implication was of calling the authorities in order that the real parents could be found. My wife said, "We are keeping it," as she took it upstairs. Her implication was that the baby had been abandoned, and it was up to us to become its parents. The baby was very small and not very old. I was concerned about the upbringing of the infant since it was so helpless and possibly ill from the cold night it spent in the ditch. I went to the dining room and waited for my wife to come down from upstairs. When she returned, the baby was with her ... but it was walking and appeared to be over a year old ... possibly two years old. The baby now had a gender to it ... it was a boy. He was dressed in a pair of one piece black pajamas with some white trim. He walked around in the dining room, and had some obvious stims with his arms which alerted me that he might have autism. He had black hair, and appeared happy. But he had trouble communicating with us. He seemed playful and full of energy. And that was the end of the dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 9:48 pm

^^^
does that dream make you think about things or make you feel a certain way?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 1:10 am

Mrrandomman wrote:
No matter what dream I'm having I can usually manipulate it. Unless it's a really bad nightmare. I've always had this one very scary dream, in which a red demon like creature followed me around with strange weapons.

Demons
To see demons in your dream indicates that you may be experiencing or inflicting fear, emotional distress or physical abuse in your waking life. Demons are also symbolic of ignorance, negative habits, and of your shadow self. Perhaps you are being overindulgent and letting some negativity give way to your better judgment. Alternatively, the demons may represent a past secret that is still haunting you.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 12:09 pm

I had a dream that I was dreaming, and when I woke up I was a businessman who'd fallen asleep at the office and was being inspected by the workplace counselor. I told him I'd been dreaming about dreaming about dreaming (awake, I only remember two layers), and I was terrified that they'd discover I wasn't really their businessman. I had no idea how I'd gotten there in his body.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 3:07 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
I had a dream that I was dreaming, and when I woke up I was a businessman who'd fallen asleep at the office and was being inspected by the workplace counselor. I told him I'd been dreaming about dreaming about dreaming (awake, I only remember two layers), and I was terrified that they'd discover I wasn't really their businessman. I had no idea how I'd gotten there in his body.

Dreams
To dream that you are dreaming or daydreaming signifies your emotional state. You are excessively worried and fearful about a situation or circumstance that you are going through. Dreaming that you are dreaming also serves as a layer of protection from what you are feeling. The dream within a dream allows you to experience certain difficult feelings that may otherwise be too painful to confront if you were directly dreaming the scenario.
Business
To dream about a business deal signifies issues and problems that you are dealing with in your waking life. Pay attention to how the business deal is going and your demeanor during the deal. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor for aspects of your own personality that you need to deal with. The dream may also be a pun on the "busy-ness" of your life. Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need to "get down to business" or that you need to put "business before pleasure." To see or dream that you are a businessperson represents the rational and organized aspect of yourself.
Office
To dream of your work office indicates that you cannot seem to leave your work at the office. You are overworked or have too much on your mind. Alternatively, an office symbolizes practicality, status, accomplishments and your place in the world. If the office in your dream is unfamiliar or strange, then it suggests that you are comparing yourself to someone else. You are measuring yourself against other's standards.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jan 2015, 9:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
does that dream make you think about things or make you feel a certain way?

This is in reference to my dream about finding the baby.

It made me feel a certain way. I felt unsure about how we would be able to keep the baby and care for him. And I felt worry for being able to tend to his needs although we currently have two teenage sons. And then when the baby was seen as walking age and autistic acting, I was concerned about if he would have needs that I could provide for him. Although I have Asperger's, the child in the dream appeared to be more classic autism.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm

Baby
To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you dream that the baby is smiling at you, then it suggests that you are experiencing pure joy. You do not ask for much to make you happy. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential.To dream of a crying baby symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them. To dream about a starving baby represents your dependence on others. You are experiencing some deficiency in your life that needs immediate attention and gratification. To dream that a baby is walking or dancing refers to the potential and possibilities that life has in stored for you. The future looks bright. The dream may also be a metaphor that you need to take baby steps in your relationship, toward your goal, in a work project or whatever undertaking. If you have a baby in real life, then the dream is a reflection of your hopes for that baby.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm

i dreamt i was sitting on the curbside of the pull-in of a hotel someplace, and i was with some other people i'd not seen before except for one lady who was the secretary of a business i worked at 30+ years before, who was talking to me about something that evaporated upon my waking up from the dream. sitting on the pavement to my right, was an oval ceramic planter my sister left for me to water/take care of, it had an odd tall spotted crabgrass growing in it, and at the top of the crabgrass was some white flowers, and i watered it somehow even though i never saw where the water was coming from. to my left, were my shoes, for some reason i had taken them off my feet and somebody else was watering my shoes! thankfully it was just a sprinkle, and as i reached over to shake the water off the shoes i noticed some strange hybrid spider/ants crawling around inside the insoles, so i turned the shoes upside down to shake them out and a shower of the infernal bugs rushed out and crawled all over my legs, and in alarm i shouted "oh my shitness!! !" and tried to brush them off but they were too fast and too many so I just got up and ran, at which point i awoke. :huh:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jan 2015, 9:36 pm

Though not quite the last dream I had, I once again dreamed about this land along the shore. This has been a recurring a dream for years now. But each dream about this place is centered on a different location within this place. But I am aware in the dreams that it is the same locale. Water enters into the town via a bay. After coming inland, when the tide is high enough, the water takes a right turn and flows along a river between buildings and houses of the old city. When the tide is low, the boats of the bay sit on the muddy bed awaiting the tide to raise them. My dreams of this land have also taken me to a beautiful gorge beneath a rock bridge. There, a wondrous stream cascades over lush waterfalls. Another section of this land is a mountain looking into a village far below. A strange moving series of seats down a mountainside also resides in this land of my dreams.

For years I have searched for this place because it seems so real. The dreams of this place are so vivid that it is more like a memory than imaginary created dreams. And my search ended yesterday.

I finally found the land. Far away from my home, and across the ocean, it is real. I have never been there in this life, nor have I ever studied it in this life. But this place is real, and it is the place in my dreams. A logical explanation I cannot offer. The circumstances to how I ended up finding this place are quite strange, and I should probably not delve into that here. But if anyone should wonder, I would be happy to discuss it with them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm

^^^
do you think it is heavenly, or of a significant previous lifetime?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm

^^^
From the way it appears in my dreams, I feel as if I lived there previously.