What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 169 of 250 [ 3996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 250  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:31 pm

Alita wrote:
I was in this classy piano bar in a touristy place that reminded me of South-East Asia - narrow, cobbled lanes, lots of buildings and people, tropical atmosphere. Suddenly, someone set off what seemed like a bomb. Then it was like I had a narrator in my head explaining the dream. S/he said, "That was not a bomb but a firecracker set off by someone linked to a terrorist group to force everyone to run outside and out into the street...where another terrorist is going to set off the ACTUAL bomb."

I ran outside with the panicked crowd and was trying to yell at them not to run up the street...but nobody listened to me. Just then, there was an explosion and all turned to chaos around me. Suddenly, I find myself in this street nearby that leads to a dark alley. And I see this girl - young, Asian, student-looking, with a backpack. Just then, the narrator in my head says, "That girl was the one who was employed to set off the firecracker in the bar." I see her disappearing into the dark alleyway, and I can't follow her...because now I'm waking up.

I thought this was a pretty freaky dream until I remembered that some months before 9/11 I had a dreadful dream about the World Trade Centre... So now I'm getting paranoid that this dream, too, has psychic overtones. (God forbid).

I hope you can use your psychic gifts more often and more under your control.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 10:05 am

I hope my latest dreams aren't predictive. Two nights ago, I had one that was so scary I can't talk about it here.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 12:55 pm

I dreamed a had several large black bears in the front yard -- and I don't live in bear country. One was on the porch and wouldn't leave. It was frightening! I've had plenty of encounters with them while hiking and backpacking in bear country, but I was truly petrified! It's like they had claimed my yard, and that was it! (Ordinarily, they cut and run when they encounter a human.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 7:23 am

'tis bears where I live also but thankfully I have not encountered them yet in the flesh.

OddShallot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2019, 4:01 pm

Me and my close friend were in a Cozy cabin-type setting, There was no indication of this but I knew it was 24th-25th December, So I was sat beside her by a warm fireplace, the surroundings lit only by the said fire and a bright light from the nearby Kitchen, of which there were unseen people, most likely close friends, talking to each other. So I was talking to her when I mentioned that I had a gift for her, and I brought out a vintage banjo in a black case, all I remember is that the case was well-worn down and had some stickers on it, one of which being the Dutch Flag, I got out of the banjo and we sang Country Roads together (Don't worry I know other John Denver songs I'm not a normie) and that was about it, not a particularly unusual dream, just oddly specific and detailed.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 4:27 pm

I had a dream this morning that I was a some kind of furry alien from outer space and the last of my species. I was floating around (as is common in my dreams) while all the humans were pairing off, male and female. I was watching them pair off and was very sad because being the last of my species, I was all alone and had nobody, not only in this world but in the entire universe, to pair off with.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 7:15 am

i dreamt my dad [appearing as he did at age 70 or so] visited me along with my mom, or that i was in some alternate reality including them as they were back in the year 2000, i was in the bathroom, and i somehow managed to flood the toilet to where it overflowed sewage all over the bathroom floor, my dad came to see what the commotion was about, threw down some towels onto the sewage and then clomped away throwing his hands up in disgust. then i awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 1:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt my dad [appearing as he did at age 70 or so] visited me along with my mom, or that i was in some alternate reality including them as they were back in the year 2000, i was in the bathroom, and i somehow managed to flood the toilet to where it overflowed sewage all over the bathroom floor, my dad came to see what the commotion was about, threw down some towels onto the sewage and then clomped away throwing his hands up in disgust. then i awoke.

I occasionally have dreams with my parents. Usually of my mother as an invalid in her mid to late 80s. She never recovered from her surgery after breaking her hip.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 2:49 am

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I occasionally have dreams with my parents. Usually of my mother as an invalid in her mid to late 80s. She never recovered from her surgery after breaking her hip.

my dad never recovered from his stroke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 7:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's terrible. A stroke is probably the one thing that scares me the most.

I woke up one morning a couple of weeks ago feeling extremely dizzy. The first thing I did was to start looking for signs of a stroke. I raised my arms on each side to see if the rose together. That worked fine. I immediately got my name and date. I repeated pi to 9 digits and Euler's formula. I said some sentences out loud and listened for any sign of slurring. Everything came out okay.

I think that it was the massive congestion in my head. I started taking antihistamines and it returned to normal after a few days before repeating again the last few days. I'm planning on going to the doctor today in case it might be some kind of inner ear infection.

One thing that is nearly as scary as a stroke is encephalitis. A few years ago, my older brother got West Nile Virus and developed encephalitis from it. He was in a coma in the hospital for two or three months and then some time in a nursing home for rehab. He's out now but is pretty much out of it and mostly feels miserable.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 7:41 am

Dreamt I was told to make a duct from black ABS pipe from the space between the ceiling joists to the cooling fan of a desktop CPU. Told them it wouldn't work unless I also installed a vent in the ceiling for an air intake, but nobody listens to me.

Would've been better to run it into the basement instead of the ceiling anyway; it's always 20 degrees cooler down there.

Take that, Jung!

Last edited by Piobaire on 27 Feb 2019, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 7:42 am

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's terrible. A stroke is probably the one thing that scares me the most. I woke up one morning a couple of weeks ago feeling extremely dizzy. The first thing I did was to start looking for signs of a stroke. I raised my arms on each side to see if the rose together. That worked fine. I immediately got my name and date. I repeated pi to 9 digits and Euler's formula. I said some sentences out loud and listened for any sign of slurring. Everything came out okay.
I think that it was the massive congestion in my head. I started taking antihistamines and it returned to normal after a few days before repeating again the last few days. I'm planning on going to the doctor today in case it might be some kind of inner ear infection. One thing that is nearly as scary as a stroke is encephalitis. A few years ago, my older brother got West Nile Virus and developed encephalitis from it. He was in a coma in the hospital for two or three months and then some time in a nursing home for rehab. He's out now but is pretty much out of it and mostly feels miserable.

all that is why i'm a big believer in eating relatively healthfully and avoiding rich but unhealthy foods, as well as diligent nutritional supplementation. when i get dehydrated at night from the heater running and the air getting too dry, i generally feel desiccated and dizzy, so i've put in a humidifier and keep the temperature no warmer than 62F at night.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 3:17 pm

I was first watching a movie of Sonic the Hedgehog where it showed clips of Sonic from various western cartoons and anime where he had a different voice actor in each one. I was sure I would hear Jaeel "Urkel" White's voice for the American cartoons but instead Sonic either sounded like a young girl or a grumpy middle-aged man. And then I was playing a Sonic the Hedgehog game and it was pretty weird because Sonic was running through a large tunnel with bacon and friend eggs everywhere and when he ran over a very large strip of bacon it slipped around under his feet. It must have been raw. And Dr. Eggman was following him but apparently because he needed his help and wanted to form a temporary truce, but I don't remember much else.

And there was some other weird stuff like Knuckles being depressed because he thought his name was a silly pun on the fact that he uses his knuckles to climb walls, even though Tails is nicknamed Tails because he has two tails that work like a propeller on his butt. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:19 pm

i had a doozy- i was walking along the streets of my neighborhood when out of the corner of my eye i spotted a tire, sans metal rim, rolling down the street. this tire seemed to have a malevolent intelligence directing its movements, and it "spotted" me and started slowly rolling towards me. at this point fog rolled in and it seemed a dire omen as well, and i started trying to nonchalantly walk away from the tire without clue-ing it in that i as onto what it was doing, and soon i found an unfamiliar path and when i tried to take the path i suddenly got very tired, and i ended up having to laboriously crawl on my belly, inch by inch, and finally when i was on the path i suddenly found myself in a rocky red desert, desolate, and i crawled into the first cave i found, then suddenly i was inside a cul-de-sac inside a university building, surrounded on all sides by impenetrable blue walls with the rocky desert still around me, only these walls were man-made and a forgotten part of the university lecture hall that i was on top of. out of desperation i shouted "HELP! HELP!" repeatedly then suddenly after a long time when i thought nobody could hear me, a greenish door opened up in one of the walls and i jumped into it, found myself atop a ledge that i hopped down off of, then took an escalator down to the top floor mezzanine of the lecture hall, muttering to myself, "i gotta get away from these people, they're way too smart for me!" over and over. i made it to what i guessed was my dormitory, swallowed some improvised poison and suddenly found myself outside of myself, watching myself from a short distance. i resembled the actor Chris Adkins and was pleasantly surprised [a big improvement on my actual appearance up to that point] yet rueful that somebody so blond and good looking should have to end up this abject way. i was on the ground vomiting and expelling stuff from other orifices as well, when a room mate walked in and found me and started making me drink something like syrup of ipecac or something like that and i vomited out the poison. then he entertained me by showing me his little animals he had in a shallow bucket full of water, tame mice of various colors who liked being pet. then i awoke. :scratch:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 10:56 pm

I was dreaming that my girlfriend and I were on a date at a park for a free music festival. We were lying down on the grass cuddling enjoying the music and the sunshine when my mom showed up and said in a very threatening manner: "Oh...hey lovebirds!"

Thankfully, there was no violence in this dream, but my mom said to us, "What do you really do behind my back and why do you think I should stop?"

My girlfriend then said, "Why do you enjoy being insecure? Our relationship is none of your business!" and then to me, "Let's get out of here!"

We walked away to another spot in the park and resumed cuddling, but we heard my mom saying, "Aww...how adorable! She's so sensitive! I enjoy stereotyping girls who are like that!"

The dream then cut to us holding hands by the shore of a river where the concert was still going, but because how angry we both were at my mom, we started whispering and laughed. We then walked back holding hands and bought some snacks at a food cart where my mom.

I said to my mom, "Why the do you always have to get in the way of things?!"

My mom then said, "It's a family tradition to look down on new acquaintances as inferior. In fact, your refusals to act like a real male makes you weak."

My girlfriend and I started crying, but all of a sudden we started laughing as if we were going crazy. My girlfriend said to my mom, "Gee...I didn't know you are so easy to pull jokes on."

My mom then became confused. My girlfriend and I walked away and danced near the stage.

(In reality, a free music festival is held near my home in Portland for one week in mid-July.)

Utahraptor25
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2019, 10:45 am

I recently dreamed that while exploring a city it completely changed. Towers would just sprout out of current buildings. When we entered the towers, we came across a building within one of the towers. Dwelling within the little shack was a mummy, and he really wanted us to stay with him forever! After a few days the mummy decided to destroy us, so we ran away because he was really slow.

This is the second weirdest dream I've ever had. :?