What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 223 of 250 [ 3993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 250  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 6:37 pm

per Dreammoods.com-
One of the most common animals found in dreams is the snake. Snakes are complicated symbols because they can have both positive and negative meanings. To understand the significance of the snake in your dream, it is important to consider your own personal experiences with snakes and how the snake is viewed in your culture. For example, if you keep a snake as a pet, then the dream will have a different meaning for you than a person who hates snakes or are terrified of them. The snake is also a strong symbol in many cultures and thus your cultural background can play an important factor in how your snake dream is interpreted.

Snake refers to fear: For many, the image of a snake can invoke fear. Snakes are unpredictable and can strike at anytime without warning. Thus a snake in your dream may represent something in your life that is unpredictable and out of your control. You are afraid of the unknown.

Snake refers to hidden threats: Because snakes are sometimes hard to see and are slithering in bushes, they are also symbolic of a hidden threat and/or a betrayal. They lie in wait waiting for the perfect opportunity to make a move. If the snake bites you, then the dream is trying to alert you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. To see a baby snake in your dream means that you are underestimating the threat. If you kill the snake or if the snake is dead, then it means that this threat has passed or that you have overcome it.

Snake refers to subconscious: As creatures that slither along the ground, a snake may represent your subconscious. Sometimes the snake can be found swimming in the water which is also reflective of emotions that you are suppressing. If you dream of a snake inside a box, then it implies that you are refusing to acknowledge some part of your subconscious. The dream snake may be alerting you or carrying some sort of hidden message.

Snake refers to sexual temptation: According to the Freudian school of thought, the snake is viewed as a phallic symbol and thus signifies temptation, repressed thoughts, raw sexual energy, or forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. To dream that you are eating a live snake indicates that you are looking for intimacy or sexual fulfillment. Your life is lacking sensuality and passion.

Snake refers to a callous person: As a metaphor, the snake in your dream can be symbolic of a person around you who is callous, evil and ruthless. In this scenario, the snake will try to strike at you, bite you or even eat you alive. Sometimes the snake may even change into a human form. Your dream is telling you not to trust her or him. If you are afraid of making your true feelings toward someone known, then you will likely dream of snakes.

Snake refers to transformation: With the ability to shed their skins, snakes represent transformation. If your dream left you with a positive feeling, then the snake dream represents positive change, self-renewal, growth, knowledge and wisdom. What new changes are occurring in your waking life or what are you looking to change? In particular, dreaming of a red snake highlights the positive characteristics of the snake, as well as your fiery passion. If you are fighting with the snake, then it means that you are fighting against change. You like things the way they are, even though you are not being challenged or fulfilled.

Snake refers to healing: In some cultures, the snake is viewed as a healing symbol. After all, poisonous snakes hold the antidote for their own venom. And the symbol for the medical profession is a caduceus which features two snakes. Thus snakes indicate recovery or protection from some illness.

Snake refers to creativity: Another positive interpretation of the snake points to your creativity and potential.

Conclusion: The symbolism of snakes can be either positive or negative, depending on your feelings toward the snake. Sometimes it is difficult to get past the initial fear your feel toward the snake so you can gain a more meaningful analysis of your dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 6:36 am

i dreamt i was in some college lecture hall, and a series of professors came in and droned on and on about something that sailed right over my head. they finally they turned on the projector and on the screen was a room with a bunch of older women in it, i flew through the screen into that alternate reality, and it was women talking about each other some something that flew right over my head, i was invisible to all except for one, a zaftig redhead wearing a bulky fur coat and russian fur cap, and she engaged me in conversation at which point i awoke.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 8:40 am

A spring loaded tension rod

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 3:10 am

???

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 12:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
per Dreammoods.com-
One of the most common animals found in dreams is the snake....

Nothing about eating them, which figures. I am not normal lol.

But I figure the dream just represents doing something I really don't want to do. Which could be just about anything.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 2:13 am

i dreamt i was looking out the front bay window of my parents' house, past the garden out onto the sidewalk in front, a crowd had gathered around an innocent POC walking in front of my house, beating him and loudly profanely berating him, when a swoopy black convertible car pulled up, with red leather interior [top was down], and actor sean young hopped out without even opening the door, she was dressed in all black but for her flowing brown hair, red pumps and red lipstick, wearing black beret, black form-fitting tunic, black form-fitting fashion jeans. she sauntered up to a cop that just arrived, the cop rudely grabbed the POC and dragged him onto my front yard on the stones depositing him hard onto the ground, then he pulled out his taser. the actor took the taser from the cop and proceeded to shock-torture the poor POC, while also loudly berating him, sneer-guffawing at him every time she shocked him as he yelped and twitched. i saw enough of this, more than i could stand, and i opened the window and shouted to the actor, "for the love of GOD, please STOP! Jeeezus, would you PLEASE just shut it up!!" the actor shot an angry look up at me and stupidly tried to swing the taser in my direction to shock me but its wires were stuck on the poor POC twitching on the ground, she had an angry sneer in her countenance. just then i noticed my late sister was standing behind me with a stricken expression on her face like i had just committed a social faux pas by being impertinent with the movie star, so she rushed outside and talked to her, presumably about excusing my aspieness. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 5:09 pm

had the strangest dream about me being in the back bass section of an orchestra, behind me was a commotion, i heard the sound the cymbals being used as weapons and i turned around and behind me was some percussionist armed with crash cymbals [the kind you crash together] whaling the tar out of some poor string bassist, chopping his instrument and the player up into ragged pieces, strangely there was no blood, just body parts strewn about. i got up as the murderer fled and asked him, "why did you do this?" and he curtly told me "because $h!+ happens, that's why." but the person in my dream, the murderer, i've seen in real life but can't place where, he was dressed in all black/charcoal gray baggy clothing. swarthy, dark greasy pockmarked skin and a mop of greasy black hair. black eyes. dead expression 'cept for a sneer. psychopathic.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2022, 5:23 am

I dreamt I was floating on one of those inflatable tubes in a pool. I was too big to fit in the hole, so I just sat on top of it, and I was too heavy for it and it sunk just about completely. I was still managing, with some challenge, to balance on it and stay floating. This part of the dream is an exact reproduction of an actual experience from about 20 years ago. I was heavier then, I was swimming with four friends, all of whom were thin enough to fit one of these tubes over their hips, but I didn't fit in them and made the best of it sitting on top, my butt too big to even fit in the hole.

One of my friends mocked me for being too heavy for the tube. That part actually happened while with my friends at the pool, but not in the dream.

In the dream, the tube popped. That didn't happen while I was with friends at the pool as an adult, but it did happen when I was a kid, probably teens, I was a lot smaller and the tubes were probably the same size and I fit in them as a kid, but I had stacked two of them and was floating in them both when the bottom one popped.

So my dream has now mixed two memories. I didn't pop the thing when I was twice my teenage size, but in the dream I did.

Next in the dream one of my friends, not the one who mocked me at the pool, but instead one who had mocked one of the other girls when she had gained a lot of weight in later years, she was talking to me in the car, except that I was apparently not me anymore, because she was mocking me for being too big for that tube and for popping it, except that she was talking ABOUT me and not TO me, so I was apparently now someone else at the end of this dream.

So, my brain seems to have merged three memories for a dream. And that was way tougher to explain than it was worth, lol.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2022, 2:03 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
I had a dream recently where I had to eat a brick of something that contained little, live snakes. They were tough and squirmy. It was gross.

Funny you should mention snakes.... last night I dreamed I bought a rattlesnake from a charity shop. I then felt guilty and anxious because I didn't know how to look after it without getting bitten.

There was also some stuff about fighting a time-travelling bionic mad scientist, but that's normal for me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 5:28 pm

i dreamt that my late dad one day reappeared from the long-dead, appearing as he did about 10 years before his death. he badgered me about why i threw out or donated all his stuff, that he needed it again now, and i was powerless to answer him or help him.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 4:55 am

Had another snake dream. This time I went to some social gathering at a house. For some reason I brought a chair. I set that outside the door, like it belonged there, with the intent to take it with me when I left, but for some reason I brought a chair.

I went inside and there's two people who tell me I have to go through this room with snakes in it. They're little snakes, and they have them tied together and to extension cords, to limit their mobility, but I have to go through the snake room.

At first they bite pretty low on the legs and they don't bite through my tan jeans, but the longer I'm in there the higher and harder they bite. About the time they're biting the inside of my thighs I get nervous. Still not hurting but I'm now alarmed. That's when I woke up.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 6:29 am

^
Someone is gonna say it. So I will just get it over with, and state the obvious. Its about fear of sex. Maybe.

you're female. Snakes (phallic symbol?). A ritual of passage involving having to pass through a room. You get alarmed when the snakes start biting the "inside of your thighs".

The possible sexual symbolism is screamingly obvious. Just sayin.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 5:55 pm

the "snakes" tied together suggests something else.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2022, 6:38 am

I don't remember most of the dream, except that a pair of identical twins of unknown sex appeared at various points to guide me. They were dressed in bright red T-shirts and knee-length shorts, and their skin was nearly the same shade of red as their clothes. The last time I saw them they didn't have legs. The legs of their shorts were just hanging there empty as they hovered in the air. I asked them about it and they said they'd just forgotten to put their legs on, and I should try to imagine that they had legs if that would make me more comfortable.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 8:43 pm

Recalling a dream. Not an unusual dream itself.

Just a bit vivid. I might've been in a world where a magic guilds are real and I'm one of the veterans.
I swear it's like some live action version of animated shows.

The 'guild house' is this dusty looking storage. There were no lights except the wide open door. For some reason I climbed up to look for clothes.

The clothes are weird.
I was wearing a black puffy dress mismatched with green puffy pajamas. And I saw a matching part from the guild house.
I asked a random member who owned it and told me. I asked where she is, she told me she won't be here until next week.

The technology is different too. It's like a weird old looking yet advanced version of calculator -- complete with built in keyboard.
And the screen can be expanded outside it's own confines of barely 2x1 inch sized screen through some strange light like projection, and it's also a touch screen.

I typed in a search engine that I was missing something. Then it went straight to a specific site instead of indexes of searches. And then went a virus that deletes all the photos I've viewed or as soon as it loads it's thumbnail.

Turns out there's a troll who sent me a virus when I typed that. He sent me a message about it.
Somehow I knew the troll was just some mischievous little kid no older than 7. Didn't replied and didn't threw a fit on him. Instead I just contacted a guy who can do better with tech.

Which is another guild member. Apparently a brown long haired man, wearing black collared shirt and slacks. And he's a wheelchair user for some reason. Usually accompanied with his two other friends whose details I can't recall.
He didn't came to the guild house, or at least I didn't see it yet.

Then some guy, unsure if it's a newbie, wondering about the history of the guild. That there was a war that caused several members to die, quit or gone missing years ago.
I told him I was there at the time, with my mind envisioning waters on fire, exploding mountains, and many hiding over the trenches.

After a short while, I got bored and apparently watched what it looked like a video shorts.
It was about a number -- 30840 or something -- that means "do it on your own" because it's sandwiched between two prime numbers with a funny history that -- someone gave a person that amount of money, and then never received anything else ever since.

And then I woke up. :|

And you know what?
I searched the number 30840.
I also searched numbers 30839 and 30841 -- both are prime numbers. 8O
I didn't know that.

The weirdest part of this dream is that I could remember that 5 digit number in the first place.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 5:39 am

I was apparently living in some kind of institution or communal housing or something, because I had a room at some large place with lots of people in the common areas. I was being accused of doing something (I don't remember what it was, stealing something?), and I didn't remember doing it, but I knew that if I had done it, I would have put a set of keys in a ceramic jar in my room, and I wouldn't want anyone to search my room and find them. So, I snuck into my room and checked the jar, and there were keys. So, I put them in my pocket and made my way to the exit. It occurred to me that being caught with the keys on me would be even worse than being caught with them in my room. I woke up with my heart pounding.