What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 10 of 250 [ 3995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 250  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
had strange dream in which I was sitting in between Julie Andrews and [the late] james garner [actors], they were both wearing the military black uniforms of naval lieutenants, we were sitting in an office with monochrome pictures of old buildings on the beige wallpapered walls, and both my arm and Julie andrews' arm were wrapped together reaching over to james garner's side of the table we were sitting at. Julie was speaking in an affected posh London accent that sounded like Margaret thatcher's dark alto as filtered through William buckley, very strange. she tried to get me to fetch her some object from the family reception center on the military post we were at, but I told her sorry I didn't know where that was at as I was unfamiliar with this place [in the dream] so one of her civilian diplomatic corps officers went and got it for her. :nerdy:

Two actors of our parents' generation both dressed as military officers (ie authority figures).

The pair probably represents your parents.

Julie Andrews especially is interesting (Mary Poppins mixed with a bit of the Iron Lady Thatcher).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm

^^^
the images probably came from the 1963 movie "the Americanization of Emily" [which starred james garner and Julie Andrews] and from my time in the military in the 1980s.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:54 am

i had an odd series of dreams, what i can remember is i was in a college dorm circa mid 1980s, and i stepped into a room full of ballerinas, who had just come from a performance. a little girl dressed all in barney-purple walked up to me and greeted me in spanish, and in the dream i wracked my brain trying to think of something in spanish to say back to her, and failing at that just said a few things in english to her, which left her non-plussed. then i found myself inside another dorm room which had the curious property of having adjacent corner windows, large ones, and on one corner i saw outside and it was sunny daylight, with a manicured lawn and sidewalks and cars parked alongside. then i looked out the other window behind me, and it was dark outside with just starlight illuminating some tall trees. in the room was the late comedian buddy hackett as he appeared in the early 80s, he was doing a comedy routine for some young dorm resident sitting on a bed next to the entertainment console which consisted of a white CRT tv set from the era, and on the shelf below it was a vcr in the process of recording a news weather report about an upcoming windstorm, the on-air weatherperson was telling viewers to batten down the hatches and board up windows and such. i looked outside the dark-side window and saw the trees were swaying too and fro in the wind. then i awoke.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:41 am

For now, I end up dreaming rumored haunted forests, which I end up going into. Then witnessing bunch of children, asking some elderly woman how to deal or dispose of their father's severed head. 8O

This probably has something to do with that game I kept finishing for 4 times straight now. Then maybe add the superstitions of norms around...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 12:52 am

I had some sort of weird army dream yet again, this time I dreamt I was in some kind of military barracks only nobody was in uniform and nobody in it was really in the military, we were just standing and sitting around there in our civvies and long hair, waiting around for some unspecified reason, only next door to us was a real military training company with real drill instructors managing recruits. I watched this parade of military officers and NCOs mixed with their wives/GFs walking down the street in front of the barracks, and then one of us went outside to watch the parade when some officious marine police sergeant saw him watching, bolted from the parade formation and ran up to him, demanding to see his ID card, and when he couldn't produce one tried to punish him so he ran with the sergeant in hot pursuit until he hid under a porch while the clueless sergeant ran past. one of our number calmly walked up to the sergeant, whipped out her military ID displaying her naval lieutenant's rank, and told him basically to chill out and get back into the parade, which he did, obediently, with the guy he chased slipping in behind him while holding onto a black miniature poodle tied on a leash. then I went to the parade also and got into an unmarked ford crown Victoria sedan, tan inside and out, and i noticed that the sky was blue and the sun was behind a cloud, much to my liking. I drove up and down the street with the parade behind my car a ways. the sergeant got up on the roof of another ford sedan with some children, and followed me. then I awoke. strange. :ninja:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 1:04 am

had another strange dream, dreamt both my parents were back as they were in their 20s, my dad awoke me up in my dream by opening my window and yelling at me to wake up, then he hired a plumber to fix an electric faucet in my bedroom and I told him the electric faucet in the bathroom also was acting up and he said he knew about that already.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 4:27 am

i dreamt i was in my late parents' house, and my dad was in there as he was about 2 decades earlier, and we were watching my tv set, then he got up and went to bed, and suddenly my tv set morphed into a giant wall screen that took up most of one wall, then on the screen popped the movie "it's a mad mad mad mad world" and then another slightly smaller tv popped up on the wall to its left and another one on the right, then the room morphed into a big meeting room with big-screen wall tv sets all over, and i was given a remote control that controlled all of them, and it became my job to properly calibrate all these tv sets while expectant people sitting on couches were gathered all around waiting for me to get my act together. i struggled with the balky remote and the balky tv sets which were constantly drifting out of spec while i cursed and fiddled with the remote controls, while on screen the movie became garbled and fuzzy, then was interrupted with sickeningly vivid scenes of wild dogs getting gassed with some noxious fumes launched from an airplane passing overhead, the gas turned them all sorts of odd colors like green and another curious color reminiscent of old-fashioned leaded gasoline. finally i got all the tv sets properly calibrated and the rest of mad world displayed properly, then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm

I dreamt I was driving my car in my [late] parents' old neighborhood, and I had difficulty in controlling it, I was going too fast around a curve and scrubbed the curb with my tires, before I finally was able to slow down [65 mph in a 35 zone], do a U-turn and come back to the road I was supposed to turn on. I sweat a little bit in relief that no cops nabbed me. there was more to this dream but it evaporated. :scratch:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 1:32 pm

awoke after strange dream featuring my late parents once again, we were taking a trip somewhere in a new van, and I was behind the wheel and marveled at how well it drove down the country lanes we were on. then it turned into a large motor home and my dad got behind the wheel, and everybody else disappeared, and we drove further into the country and then up a steep mountain trail. then we parked on a ledge between the valley vista and a steeper part of the mountain, and I noticed that somebody had removed all of the seats from the motor home so I ended up sitting where the seats used to be. I looked out the open back door and saw a group of threatening-looking swarthy men walking up the trail beside the ledge we were on, and dad told me to close and lock the door, which I did. then we drove back down the mountain back into town which in the dream was somewhat familiar but when awake looked like a mixture of towns I have been in, with a northern border feel. then the motor home morphed into something HUGE that somehow managed to still negotiate city streets, and it was full of my stuff that I'd accumulated through decades of living. there were people I'd not remembered seeing before reclining in various rooms, and I noticed when I played a music recording of singer petula Clarke on the stereo that she popped up rummaging through my stuff, and she appeared only slightly older than she was back in the 60s, and she was commenting on one of the records of her I was playing, saying that it was a tough one to record because the producer couldn't get everybody singing the harmony and rhythms all as a group, couldn't hold it all together until the end. then I awoke. :scratch:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 11:41 pm

Just last night, I tried not to sleep because I don't want to wake up having fever again by 'breathing the wrong way'.
As I tried staying up last night, I had few moments of closing my eyes. Then here's what I see about twice:

At this short dream, I kept seeing some burned forest. The fires seemed to be recently dosed. The sky looks yellowish. I looked around, I see nothing else.
Then I woke up with a coughing fit. I looked at the time; it's only been less than an hour (2AM). Then I closed my eyes a bit again.

This time I was in a room. The room walls are like made out of metal; as if I'm in some spaceship or container. I looked around again.
I woke up again after another hour this time, with a headache that is still keep going on until this afternoon. :x
Whenever I move around, I woke up. Why is that?
I didn't get any sleep for the entire night after that. My head still hurts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 4:11 am

Spaceship
To see a spaceship in your dream symbolizes your creative mind. It denotes a spiritual journey into the unknown and signals self-development and self-awareness. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to take on a different perspective, no matter how bizarre or unusual it may be.
Metal
To see metal in your dream signifies strength and character. It may also symbolize the inhumane side of society. Consider the exact type and shape of metal and what you are doing with it. In particular, if the metal is solid, then it represents libido.
Forest
To dream of being in or walking through the forest signifies a transitional phase. One should follow one's instincts. Alternatively, it indicates the desire to escape to a simpler way of life, in a reaction to feeling weighed down by the demands of life. To dream that one is lost in a forest indicates that one is searching through one's subconscious for a better understanding of oneself. To dream of a forest fire indicates that transformation and regeneration is only possible through some hardships. Alternatively, it suggests that one's anger is out of control; it is affecting other people.
Container
To see a container in your dream refers to your tendency to keep your thoughts, ideas or feelings inside instead of expressing them. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you need to be better organized.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm

I had a strange dream only partially remembered, I parked in front of a store that I regularly went to in my young adult years, and went inside and it was full of old records and tapes and electronic equipment. I browsed their selection of stuff, looked through some old 8-track tapes that were warped and about 3 times their normal size, all the while a sparse group of people were chatting with one another in the store, then I exited the establishment and some lady coming in sidled past me with a friend. then it started hailing all of a sudden and it got cold and I was getting wet as I ineffectually shielded my head with my arm. then I got in the car and had to start scraping the ice from outside AND inside the window glass. I would scrape the inside of the windshield only to have it immediately fog up and freeze over again. then I awoke. :huh:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:04 pm

I just had a dream that I was around 30s or something. I live in a small, 1 room house. The walls really looked like this on the inside. I was sitting on a messy bed. 8O Then there's this woman who I presume my relative, asking if I had a special someone/etc. I had this odd 'memory' within a dream. When I look at it, I do 'have' this 4-5 year old NT daughter, tailing me around within that memory. 8O I answered her something like this to her: (Translated to english) "Yes, I did. When I had sex for the very first time and only just with him, I immediately got pregnant."

I woke up confused. :lol: With my mom downstairs bugging me to get up because I have an exam today.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 1:33 pm

I dreamt all night long, about strange quasi-futuristic inventions, like a modular diesel engine, each module was two cylinders, if you want more power then add another module. or an engine that let you de-select a cylinder or two or more, for more fuel economy- this particular thing is actually an old invention but I had a refinement in the dream, of disconnecting the crankshaft section of the unused cylinders so as to avoid drag and improve efficiency. then I dreamt of being in the future, and laundry was done a different way, we sprinkled dirty clothes in the hamper with a magic powder, then aimed an invisible laser light at the pile, and the clothes automatically refolded themselves and the dirt evaporated. neat! :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:21 am

I had yet another dream where I was at my sister's house [only it was some other house somewhere else] and I had to use her bathroom which was of a weird configuration, and try as I might, I could not pee where I was supposed to and made a mess. I don't know why I keep having these ones. :scratch:

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 8:34 am

I haven't been remembering my dreams for a few months now, but yesterday I had a memorable dream again.

I had an accident with some kind of machine and it smashed my left hand. I felt pain in the dream and there was blood.
In the dream I passed out and woke up again later in hospital. My hand had been bandaged and cleaned, but three fingers could not be saved and had been amputated. So I had this really ugly, useless left hand with only small finger and index finger. Strangely, I didn't care that much, neither did anyone else, it was treated like a minor flesh wound.

But then, still in the dream, when I woke up again the next morning, I found that my fingers had all regrown. The only weird thing about them was, they were a bit crooked, not straight like fingers normally are. They also hurt slightly when I used them. But I told myself that this was worth it. Again, nobody was really surprised by my magical finger-growing abilities.

That was it. Although it was a bloody, creepy dream, it wasn't a nightmare.