What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 230 of 249 [ 3971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:55 am

^^^a basic struggle against human limitations.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 10:14 am

Yesterday morning I had a dream that I was playing The Sims. I often have dreams about playing the games even when I haven't played them at all before going to sleep. But in this game I was watching a Sim just walking down a street and everything looks normal when suddenly the words "ITZUMUBI IS DEAD" appear on the screen in huge letters, along with creepy or sad music. Actually I don't remember if it was actually "Itzumubi", that's just the closest I can remember it being and I had no idea who that was, maybe it was just a random Sim that I never played as in the game and had no idea even existed, and now they've just died and the game decided to creep me out so much by announcing it I woke up right afterwards.

Maybe it's because I'm getting a new computer this Christmas and I'm worried that everything in my Sims 4 game will be erased and I'll have to start the entire game all over again, because that's what happened with the Sims 3 when I got my current computer years ago, and even worse I was only allowed to use two or three of the maybe 50 Sims 3 expansion packs I got for the base game at a time. I tried saving it on a USB but it didn't work. :(

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:20 am

When I was little I had an acquaintance / friend-of-a- friend down the street.
We used to play inside her parents' car in their garage.
It was like a fort.

I remember listening to Breakfast in America with her (Supertramp album).
Her cousin was in April Wine.
She moved away when we were about 11.
I still stare at her garage when I'm in that neighbourhood.

My dream:
I was walking near her house and there was a big opening on the side of her garage, like a takeout window.
I could see an older woman packing up boxes.
I decided to tell her "I used to play in this garage with my friend".
She said it must have been 1979 or earlier because that's when they bought the house.
I noticed she had a husband in the background, very quiet and in awe of her.

She said that she was an otolargyntologist (?) -- Ear, Nose and Throat doctor.
She seemed very wealthy.
Her husband said they were moving so she could be an ENT in an Indigenous community.

I told her that my family is very involved in Indigenous affairs.

She gave me a pen and some yellow paper so I could write our contact information for her.
She said she would make sure we all got jobs helping disadvantaged Indigenous areas.

Her husband pointed toward an area where I could sit and write my info.
The area was suddenly full of people.
There were tables and chairs like a little restaurant.
I realised it wasn't a restaurant, but they were so rich they had waitstaff in their home.

I sat at a little table with a yellow tablecloth as the waitress filled my water goblet.
I was trying to order orange juice.
Then I realised it was the scene from the cover of Breakfast in America.

The waitress was this woman, with the same colour yellow on my table linens:

I was debating whether or not to tell the Doctor woman about my Supertramp memories.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 6:17 am

i dreamt i was taking a ride with a cop or sheriff in his patrol SUV. he took me into the backwoods with terrible roads [bouncy] then we returned to the hospital where he had his precinct, we climbed the fire escape stairs to the main floor, i found two silver dollars on the staircase concrete but one of them was artfully bent into a sort of key shape. i gave them to him and he smiled and pocketed them. then in the next dream scene i witnessed a massacre, these people were being cut down by automatic gunfire and shotgun blasts, very bloody. then i awoke. i wonder what in the H that could mean?? :scratch:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 10:46 am

I dreamt that I was having a dream but I couldn't see any of the visuals.
I could hear the dialogue and my own voiceover narration, but there was no picture.
I was trying to get technical assistance from some kind of dream-assistance support chat.

In real life I have lots of dreams without visuals.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 6:12 pm

I had a dream of a long story I told, and it pulled a lot from actual experience and only had some unrealistic stuff in it. I've filled in some details I don't remember here, and some details that make the story complete for people who are unfamiliar with the experiences I describe, and I've changed the names of the innocent. I refer to myself as Jude in this story, and Jeremy is a guy trying to sell me a house. There are quite a few people present, mostly friends and family of Jeremy, but also the real estate agent who has been showing me around town, named Sandy here...

Sandy has driven me all over town looking for a house to buy. We've been at it since Saturday evening, and it's now Tuesday morning. We've looked at a lot of houses. My budget apparently allows me to buy anything I want, and we've looked at some pretty pretentious places, and I've mocked them for being ridiculous and having stupid architectural choices. But one we looked at pretty early in the process, Sunday morning, was to my liking. A modest midcentury ranch selling for a mere $480K, which is a lot more money than my home town but "affordable" here. There were about five others I liked in all the houses we looked at, but the midcentury ranch was my favorite. I haven't told Sandy that, but she knows which six I'm interested in, and now we're going back to see the midcentury ranch again.

This time the seller and his whole family is there. And...they've made all the changes I told Sandy I would make if I bought the place. They've painted it outside using the color scheme I specified, they've upgraded the electrical, they've installed a minisplit in the room that would become my home office, they've swapped the porcelain fixtures between the two bathrooms because the colors make more sense that way, they've replaced the linoleum in the bathrooms with white tile, they've put slate grey tile in the entry, they've installed dark green carpet in the living room, and they've even remodeled the kitchen to my exact specification. They've even decorated. In two days. The house was bare and outdated on Sunday, and today it is in move-in condition.

I've looked around the whole place, marveled at what they did, complimented them on their work, thanked them for doing all this, and I'm a little embarrassed and on-the-spot. The realtor let slip that they had spent $24K in the last couple days upgrading the place, and that Jeremy was asking for $480K but he really wanted $500K, needed 500 to pay off his debts. The two are now divorced, Jeremy still owns the place, but doesn't live here. He's been renting it out but has had problem tenants.

Jeremy apologizes and says he feels bad that they've pressured me and tells me the choice is, of course, still mine. Having made all these changes for me doesn't obligate me to buy this house. He'd understand if this isn't the one I choose.

There's a photo of their deceased daughter on the divider between the enrtyway and the living room. The mom has said she hopes the next owner will find a place for it.

I go stand in front of Jeremy, and I tell him,

"You can't pressure me into buying your house. I'm not very suggestible, and I'm not very wealthy. I cannot spend half a million dollars because I am thankful. My decision will be more considered than that." I smile at him, and add,

"And I should probably tell you about Phil."

They all look at me, confused,

"Phil owns a sowrdfighting school. He teaches swordfighting as a martial art. I took his classes in the mid 2000's."

"Phil's an ex army ranger. He also teaches an NRA CCL course. I took that, too. A leadership class. I took that. He teaches survival classes. His girlfriend owns a large plot of land in a township full of gun nuts. That's where the sword school is. There's a gun range on the property. THere are woods for the survival classes. There's lots of lawn for the sword classes, and there's a big, metal building with a concrete floor, that they call 'the facility', where indoor sword classes happen. And there's their house, used for a classroom. The gate to the whole place is so big and heavy, the previous owner thought it would repel government tanks if they came for him."

All mostly true. This dream nailed it.

"Phil was a bullshitter. He'd say things with authority and move on before anyone could figure out he was contradicting himself, or making s**t up. But he really did know a lot, too, and he was a good teacher of martial arts, and he was a charismatic leader for people who needed a boost in confidence. Most of his students were geeks like me."

"Part of every sword class was in observation. We'd share things we've observed over the week, and our observations were expected to get more and more perceptive over time. We were being trained to make vigilance and observation part of our martial art and our life."

"Phil believed in and taught about the concept of chi. But Jude's a skeptic." I pointed to myself. "Chi, feng shui, reiki, energy work...Jude's a skeptic. But I'm not as socially inept as people think I am. I can learn about chi and not really believe it, without interfering with Phil's class."

"Alfred, on the other hand, would get confused when he didn't believe something Phil was saying. He lacked the grace to ignore it. Alfred was confused by the concept of chi. Didn't outright refute it, but asked questions. Answered questions with fact and description when emotion and participation was more called for. Alfred's a skeptic, too, but not a very graceful one."

"Anyway, I remember one of the chi demonstrations was actually pretty cool. One student was blindfolded and the rest dispersed themselves around 'the facility'. The blindfolded student was to walk through them without bumping into anyone. They were to use chi to guide themselves, everyone else was to use chi to make themselves invisible. Smirking as your classmate walked right up to your face blindfolded was discouraged, as in chi that would make you very visible. So, we tried to remain still and unphased. And, to my surprise, every one of us was able to walk through our classmates without bumping into anyone."

"Jude's a skeptic. Possibly, any random off the street would be able to do this. Possibly, it was only because of our training in observation and control that allowed us to do this. But for Phil, this was a demonstration in chi."

"Jude's a skeptic."

"Another chi demonstration was when we were first introduced to 'the facility'. We gathered outside the door to the building, and we were to each go in, one at a time, very slowly, pausing at the threshold, observing what we felt, and describe it for the class. Alfred went first. He made a basic observation, about walking slowly through a doorway or something rote and meaningless. He didn't understand the exercise. I was next."

"Jude's a skeptic. But I took the exercise seriously. I did it slowly, and told the class, honestly, what I felt."

"Reticence. A challenge. Are you friend or foe?" Phil liked this answer.

"You see, the school advertised and anyone could apply to be a student, but most of us were here on the invitation of someone. Presumed friend. But Phil did a 'background check' on everyone. Basically, if he didn't like you, you couldn't take his classes. I don't know if he ever actually rejected anyone. But one thing became clear. This martial art was intense, exhausting, and a little bit dangerous. And we'd learn a lot about each other over years of taking classes, hanging out, and answering lots of Phil's questions in front of the class. And there was a lot of trust involved. Trust...and having each others' backs."

"Friend or foe?" A challenge, from 'the facility'.

"Jude's a skeptic."

I walked over to the door of the house I was possibly going to buy from Jeremy, and opened it, faced the outside, and continued my story.

"Ten years later I was moving out of my apartment. I'd lived there 22 years. Every one of my cats had lived at least some of their lives there. Twenty two years. And I'd given myself a week to make the move. I wasn't going to make it. It was 11 pm on the seventh day, the day I was supposed to turn in my key, but I'd already negotiated more time with the landlord, so I'd be back over the next couple days to finish moving and clean the place. But tonight, the day I was supposed to be out, I'd had the goal of moving the cats to the new apartment. And now I had them in carriers in the hallway, and I was closing up and locking the door behind me."

I closed the door of the ranch. I remained facing it, and not the people I was talking to.

"And I felt this wave of sadness. Coming from my apartment."

"You see, I'd be back to finish my move. I wasn't really out of this apartment, yet. But now that I had the cats out, I truly didn't live here anymore."

"Wave of sadness. From the apartment. Jude's a skeptic."

"I felt it necessary to reassure the apartment that everyone who would live here would be just as important as I am. More so, because Jude's a nobody. And that some of them would have cats."

"Jude's a skeptic."
"Wave of sadness."
"Friend or foe?"

I turned to face everyone.

"I've looked at a lot of houses the last few days. Despite my skepticism for all things unscientific, I believe people leave their mark on things. I believe things leave their mark on people." I looked at Sandy, the realestate agent. "You've watched me pause outside each house, and enter slowly, by myself, pausing at the threshold, insisting I do it by myself, and you've said you know exactly why I'm doing that." She nodded.

"Friend or foe? Jude's a skeptic."

I faced the door and opened it again. I put my hand on the outside surface, the black side. I'm gonna call this town I'm moving to Springfield, but it's not Springfield. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, lol.

"The black side of the door faces out. Springfield. You all have a lot of familiarity. I don't. I hope it will be a safe place to live. Beyond that, I have no expectations. Springfield, the great unknown. If my life is any measure, though, I will spend most of my time here alone. Without help. Almost nobody will give a crap. No matter how long I live here, I will never fully be a part of Springfield."

"Friend or foe? Presumed foe."
"Wave of sadness."

I closed the door and put a hand on the white side.

"The white side. Inside. Hopefully, safety. With time I will have great familiarity with this side. If I buy this place, that is." I turned to face everyone.

"You know what I felt when I walked through this door for the first time on Sunday? Home. It felt like home already."

"Friend or foe? Presumed friend."

"Home."

I picked up the picture of the daughter, and also a stud finder, hammer and box of picture hooks, and took it into one of the bedrooms, where they'd set up the daughter's desk and a lamp. Everyone followed me into the bedroom. I located a stud within the glow of the lamp, above the desk, nailed a picture hook to the wall, and hung the picture there. I went to stand before the mom.

"The picture of your daughter belongs there. I hope that's acceptable?" She said it was perfect.

I went to stand before Sandy, the realestate agent.

"How many houses did we look at?"

"Twenty two."

"Twenty two houses. That's a lot. Thank you so much for your effort and your patience. Twenty two houses. That's due diligence. I did it because I had to. There is half a million dollars and my future happiness at stake. Due diligence. But I chose this place, Sunday morning, when I first saw it."

I went and stood before the homeowner.

"Don't worry, Jeremy, you can't pressure me into buying your house. I am not very suggestible, and I'm not very wealthy. I cannot spend a half million dollars out of gratitude for all the work you've done to make it to my liking. My decision has to be more considered than that. And it has been. I'd like to make an offer."

He said, "I don't know if anyone has said so, but I was hoping to get $480K. Is that acceptable?"

"It is not. I hope you will instead consider five hundred twenty four."

"That's more than..." Jeremy looked confused. "How did you come up with...?" Then he did the math and understood. "How did you know?"

Jeremy found my offer acceptable and we shook on it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 1:25 am

i dreamt i was riding in a motor home owned by a new acquaintance, a friend of a friend, he was a retiring bus driver, and he invited me on his last bus drive up in seattle, on a friday afternoon, and at about 6:30PM he had some kind of medical incident behind the wheel and veered the bus off an overpass and we twisted in the air and landed on the roof of the bus against a row of parked cars, there were at least 4 bloody dead bodies i could see before i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 1:31 am

i dreamt i was in an Amtrak train headed up to Seattle, the conductor guided us into the dining car, then he left and locked the door behind him. some nasty grifters sauntered through the locked door as though nothing could stop them, they commandeered the table i was sitting at and tried to physically shove me into the corner and i quickly got up and away to the opposite side of the car, not wanting to tangle with these crooks, one of them, a swarthy female, cussed me out and said "whatsamatter, you're too fking good for us?" then some other hulking dark-skinned man walked in and the grifters set onto him, trying to physically shove him into the corner and he brushed them off as though they were mosquitos. they cussed and threatened him, he told them precisely where they could stick it, and the woman said "ah shaddup an' sit down you big dumb (n-word and expletive)!", which was precisely the wrong thing for her to say to this giant man, who replied, "woman, i just got out of prison, you seriously don't wanna fk with me!" and she mocked him and said to him, "oh i'm SOOOO SCARED!!" and then spit in his face, he smacked her hard in the mouth, bits of teeth and blood spattered all over and she screamed bloody murder then between broken teeth yelled "i'm calling the cops on you!" then pulled a stiletto out of her purse and tried to stick the man in his throat but he snatched the knife and broke it in two, then she grabbed a gun out of her purse and he quickly snatched that and pistol-whipped her, rendering her silent. then her boyfriend jumped up with a gun and he pistol whipped him but he jumped up swinging at him in a blind rage and the big man slammed the grifter man down hard on the table and broke his arm, he was pitifully crying out in pain, then the conductor walked back in and demanded to know what in blazes was going on, the grifters pointed at me and said it was all my fault that i was born, that i had no business being there, and the conductor pointed at me and shouted, "OFF THIS TRAIN YOU GO NOW!!" before i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 4:22 am

i dreamt i was back at work in the hospital labor & delivery ward, it was high census and crazy busy, people were birthing left and right, and a "crash c-section" patient was racing down the hallway and when they got to the operating room they were gobsmacked at the sight of a totally empty room, all the necessary equipment [ohio neonatal resuscitation stations, gas tower, OR table, suction array, bovie, anesthesia tower etc.] were GONE! everybody stared at me and asked in unison, "WTF is going on here?!" i quickly glanced down the hall and saw that OR#4 [the other one] was occupied with another surgical case] and so i decided i had to put them in one of the delivery rooms which had most of the stuff needed, and have the surgery done on the patient's delivery bed instead, at which point i awoke, amazingly without gasping and panting in horror like in previous work nightmares. :o

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 8:13 am

I dreamt that I was pretty good at throwing a pen at the ceiling and having it stick, until someone came along and was much better at it than I was. Except this was a serious exercise and not a semi-destructive screwing around. As the pens sunk into the ceiling they'd change color up the sides, and for some reason we needed to do that.

Sometimes my dreams are profound and in some of them I am very creative, and in some of them...not so much lol.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 1:08 pm

Dreamt I could lay bricks really fast. In fact there was a brick laying machine and I could replicate the sounds it made, even faster than it worked. The scrape of picking up the brick from the stack, the trowel in the cement, then slapping it on the brick, placing the brick, scraping the excess with the trowel. Each made a distinct sound and I could do it over and over really fast.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 2:25 pm

Some people from my house-buying dream are back. Different scenario. This time I'm visiting Jeremy. I bought a house from him in the last dream, but in this dream I'm just visiting. Thing is, my brain just made him up for the house buying dream. Middle aged guy. His deceased daughter, who wasn't named in that dream and only appeared in a photograph, is also apparently back, this time named Dawn, and we'll talk about her but she isn't here. She's dead in this dream, too.

Also present is a guy I'll call Ken. He was in the last dream, too, but I don't think he had a name. He was a friend of Jeremy. In that dream he helped Jeremy renovate his house. He had a daughter, too, and she was present in that dream. I'll call her Tammy. In this dream we're going to talk about her, but she isn't present. My brain has cast Ken with nobody in particular. Another middle aged guy. Tammy, though, is cast by someone I knew IRL decades ago. In this dream I apparently know her more currently.

This scenario is completely incompatible with the last one. They can't both have happened. I didn't know Jeremy, but I was there to meet up with him. Same as the last dream, but all the rest is a new scenario.

I pay Jeremy a visit, and once again I am visiting from out of town. Ken is there, and I don't recognize him and he doesn't recognize me. I talk to Jeremy about my trip and mention my home town, and Ken suddenly knows who I am. His daughter isn't present, but he mentions her as someone he thinks I know. I do, and I am a bit creeped out by having traveled this far and just happening to meet the father of the one person in this town I know. Ken thinks Tammy had something to do with my being here. She didn't. It's just apparently a coincidence. This confuses Ken.

Lots of other details confuse both Ken and I, too. He asks if I'll be meeting up with Tammy, and I tell him as far as I know Tammy doesn't know I'm here. And isn't Tammy living in Boston, now? No, she's back home, living here, with her parents. Been home for four months.

Clearly, Tammy and I haven't talked in a while, and dad is alarmed, because Tammy has told him we talk all the time. He asks, and I tell him I haven't talked to her on the phone since last summer, and we've texted more recently, but not very recently, and she never mentioned she moved back home. I ask him if he's sure he isn't thinking of Tammy and Bethany talking all the time. As far as I know, they do. No, he insists Tammy mentions me by name. Often. I tell him it appears she talks about me more than she talks to me.

Ken, Tammy's dad, decides he has to go home and talk to her. He's baffled and alarmed that she has told him we talk all the time, when clearly we don't. He leaves.

I tell Jeremy that I'm tempted to call Tammy and give her a heads up that her dad is headed home with some questions she may find inconvenient, and Jeremy suggests I hurry up and do that. He says he'll explain after I make the call.

So, I call and Tammy doesn't answer, and I leave a message. Sorry to bother you, but heads up. I met your dad and he's on his way home and he's confused why you've told him we talk all the time. I didn't know you'd told him that, and I kinda let slip that I have no clue what's going on in your life these days. Might wanna think about what you're gonna tell him. BTW I'm in town, love ya, bye!

lol

I tell Jeremy that it takes Tammy forever to answer my texts, if she does at all, and that she probably has notifications turned off for me, and me alone, and probably won't see she has voicemail in time to know her father's coming home.

Jeremy tells me that his wife, the deceased girl's mother, is totally clueless about how Tammy treats people. Thinks her daughter and Tammy had an ideal friendship. Clueless that Tammy had made Dawn feel like the least important person in the world over the last year of Dawn's life, and probably had something to do with her death. He was livid when his wife talked fondly of Tammy, but kept the truth from her because it was already difficult enough to have lost a daughter. Didn't want her to know just how culpable Tammy was. Wanted his wife to have the fiction that there was a beautiful friendship there.

And he told me that Ken, Tammy's dad, was also clueless, but that his wife, Tammy's mom, knew all.

He said he wanted to keep the fiction alive for his wife and for Ken, but that some part of him hopes Tammy's dad gets home and finds out just how much a liar she is.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 6:18 pm

My sister was never in the military.

But in the dream she was in the Navy. Dressed in Navy whites...like Demi Moore in some scenes in "A Few Good Men"- epaulettes, and that female officer type hat, and was piloting some kind of ship. I was being ferried somewhere.

She was supposed to link up with another ship commanded by a female. She mused "her ship is only supposed to have eight torpedo tubes, but she says she has 30 torpedo tubes".

We met the other ship. The lady commander looked liked Zoey Daschanel. She explained that the country of Peru just loaned its whole navy over to us to borrow ...the extra boats were under her command, and thats why she now has more torpedo tubes at her disposal.

Then I woke up.

Got me into a train of thought. What if poor countries did that. Rented out their armed forces? Country A wants to intimidate country B, so it 'rents' the army of country C, to beef up country A's forces so country can better country B.

Or a tycoon, like Elon Musk, could rent the Peruvian navy to...beat the crap out of Ecuador because...Ecuador refused some kind investment deal with Musk.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 3:31 pm

Had another dream last night that I was back in a home. I was sitting in a living room with collection of my cartoon drawings on a coffee table. I think I was trying to organize them or something. My brother was over, possibly to take me out shopping for a while, Then I notice that someone has puked on my drawings. I'm infuriated and disgusted and start screaming my head off because a bunch of drawings I took years to make have all been horribly ruined in a second by someone who couldn't hold their food. Then I become anxious because the person who did it must have stomach flu and now they're going to spread it to everyone else. Sure enough, just before the dream ends I see another person moaning with her head in a bucket. :pale:

Living in a home was a nightmare because people were always getting sick and my emetophobia was really bad. Even staff would come in when they were half dead and even puking from the flu. This was before covid and there was no masking, no hand sanitizer, no isolating a sick person or people. You'd think they would since most of the residents were heavy smokers. :x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 10:40 pm

i dreamt i was conversing with a penpal, when they asked me to give them half of my urine.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 11:19 pm

I was in a giant bedroom with an alcove on one side, surrounded by big windows looking out on a sunny ocean in every direction. I think the room or house was in the middle of the sea somehow. I was sharing the space with another girl or woman and we had two beds plus a bunch of other furniture. A man showed up. He was some kind of interior decorator (?) and he was offering to rearrange the furniture and beds so that the other female and I would have more individual privacy. I asked him if I could have the alcove but he was telling me it didn't make sense because I'd have more space if I followed his plan. I knew I was going to be angry if the other person got the alcove, so I was trying to brace myself for a meltdown.