What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 11 of 246 [ 3933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

Being in a company that captured Xenomorphs alive and brought them to a planet with plants that were designed for them to eat rather than brains.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 2:19 am

Sanctus wrote:
I haven't been remembering my dreams for a few months now, but yesterday I had a memorable dream again. I had an accident with some kind of machine and it smashed my left hand. I felt pain in the dream and there was blood. In the dream I passed out and woke up again later in hospital. My hand had been bandaged and cleaned, but three fingers could not be saved and had been amputated. So I had this really ugly, useless left hand with only small finger and index finger. Strangely, I didn't care that much, neither did anyone else, it was treated like a minor flesh wound. But then, still in the dream, when I woke up again the next morning, I found that my fingers had all regrown. The only weird thing about them was, they were a bit crooked, not straight like fingers normally are. They also hurt slightly when I used them. But I told myself that this was worth it. Again, nobody was really surprised by my magical finger-growing abilities. That was it. Although it was a bloody, creepy dream, it wasn't a nightmare.

from dreammoods.com-
Machinery
To see machinery in your dream suggests that you are too mechanical - going about your way without much thought and making decisions without thinking it through. You need to get out of your boring pattern. Alternatively, the machinery symbolizes your mind or your body. Examine how the machinery is running and its condition and function. If the machinery is in need of repair, then it suggests that you may need to repair aspects of your self-image or a relationship.
Bandages
To dream that you have bandages indicate your need to heal. You may be feeling emotionally wounded and are trying to cover/shield your hurt from others. Consider where on the body was the bandage for more additional clues.
Left
To dream of the direction left symbolizes the subconscious and your repressed thoughts/emotions. It is an indication of passivity.
Hands
To dream of your hands represent your relationships with those around you and how you connect with the world. Hands serve as a form of communication and can represent authority, hate, protection, justice, etc depending on the gesture. Perhaps you need to lend a helping hand to someone. The left hand symbolizes your graciousness and your feminine, receptive qualities, while the right hand symbolizes the masculine and active attributes. The right hand may also be a pun for some decision or something being "right". If you dream that your hand or hands are detached or see disembodied hands, then it indicates that you are not getting your point of view across. You are not being understood or someone is not understanding you. The dream may also symbolize feelings of loneliness. To see blood on your hands signifies that you are experiencing some sort of guilt.
Amputation
To dream that your limbs are amputated signifies abandoned talents and serious, permanent losses. It indicates your feelings of frustration, powerlessness and helplessness. Sometimes amputation may also represent a situation that you have been ignoring and has finally reached a crisis point.
Fingers
To see your fingers in you dream symbolize physical and mental dexterity. They indicate manipulation, action and non-verbal communication. If you dream that your fingers come off somehow, then it suggests that you are letting a situation dominate you or dictate how you behave. You may be literally losing your grip on life. To dream that your fingers are injured or have been chopped off denote your anxieties about your ability to accomplish some demanding task or perform in some waking situation. To dream of your index finger or forefinger symbolizes the number one. It also signifies authority, direction, and judgment. Your dream may be trying to make a point.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 8:24 pm

The past couple of nights I've been feeling edgy and anxious because the Easter holidays are in a week, and I'm really afraid of getting sick with something that will prevent me from spending the weekend with my parents, which had happened two years ago. I'm also worried about the weather and climate change because we're having a very wintery spring. Last night I had a really hard time falling asleep, when I did I had some very uncomfortable dreams, and woke up sweaty. In one of the dreams I was being taken on a trip somewhere but was forced to ride in the back of a truck with no bottom and I had to hang onto each side with both arms (it was a pretty thin truck, I guess). Letting go would have resulted in me falling into the road at high speed.

I was on The Transformers Wiki last night, so maybe that's why I had such a freaky dream about riding in a truck? :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 8:30 pm

Truck
To see a truck in your dream suggests that you are overworked. You are taking on too many tasks and are weighed down by all the responsibilities. The dream seems to indicate that one is worried about having to juggle too many balls and in fear of dropping one or all of them, to catastrophic effect.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:01 am

So... my dream basically meant that my 'mechanical' behaviour has made me lose the ability to feel and have a connection to people? Now, who would have expected that from an Aspie :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:10 am

Sanctus wrote:
So... my dream basically meant that my 'mechanical' behaviour has made me lose the ability to feel and have a connection to people? Now, who would have expected that from an Aspie :D

be glad you didn't have my recurring nightmare where I was trapped in a dirty dark bug-infested lavatory where all the toilets were flooding and the place was full of sewage up to my eyeballs :eew:

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:17 am

No, but I did have my share of bloody, violent dreams.. as well as the recurring 'spider dream' where I dream a spider is crawling over me in the bed and I wake up and try to get it off in a panic until I notice nothing is there... 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:34 am

Sanctus wrote:
No, but I did have my share of bloody, violent dreams.. as well as the recurring 'spider dream' where I dream a spider is crawling over me in the bed and I wake up and try to get it off in a panic until I notice nothing is there... 8O

Spiders
To see a spider in your dream indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. Alternatively, a spider refers to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider in your dream, then it symbolizes misfortune and bad luck. Spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. To dream that you are bitten by a spider represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:43 am

I think it's because I just really really really hate spiders, and I have kind of a traumatic experience with a very large spider sitting on the wall next to my bed :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 2:44 am

Sanctus wrote:
I think it's because I just really really really hate spiders, and I have kind of a traumatic experience with a very large spider sitting on the wall next to my bed :skull:

I dread bees myself. I hate getting stung. :x but some spiders [brown recluse] are definitely to be respected.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 1:41 pm

i dreamt i was in some oddly named ["washiatchi"] suburb of seattle, and that i had taken a short hop there on a commuter airplane from seatac, and that i was late at getting back, i was at the hotel in the lobby and trying to figure out how to use my newfangled cell phone [in waking life i am hopeless with those things] and cussing up a storm because i can't get the damned thing to just make a simple phone call to the airport. then i met an acquaintance there who looked different than waking life because he was in much better shape and had a handlebar mustache and long hair and was dressed in 70s fashion [bell bottom jeans and flower print button-down shirt], he was waiting for his taxi to the airport to arrive. superimposed on my dream was a map image of seattle prominently displaying this oddly-named suburb whose hotel i was sitting in. :shrug:

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm

Last night I dreamt that I performed on stage in school together with another girl. I sang and I don't remember what she did. We covered a song of Nightwish, but my microphone wasn't switched on, or at least very quiet. So my voice was barely audible. However it still went pretty well, I saw the people who listened nod their heads to the beat.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

I would love to have musical dreams :dj:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 5:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was in some oddly named ["washiatchi"] suburb of seattle, and that i had taken a short hop there on a commuter airplane from seatac, and that i was late at getting back, i was at the hotel in the lobby and trying to figure out how to use my newfangled cell phone [in waking life i am hopeless with those things] and cussing up a storm because i can't get the damned thing to just make a simple phone call to the airport. then i met an acquaintance there who looked different than waking life because he was in much better shape and had a handlebar mustache and long hair and was dressed in 70s fashion [bell bottom jeans and flower print button-down shirt], he was waiting for his taxi to the airport to arrive. superimposed on my dream was a map image of seattle prominently displaying this oddly-named suburb whose hotel i was sitting in. :shrug:

Does the oddly named suburb actually exist IRL? Or just in this dream?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 5:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Does the oddly named suburb actually exist IRL? Or just in this dream?

just in my corner of dreamland or the collective unconscious. I typed in "washiatchi" into mr. bing's search engine and it took me to hitachi. hah :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 2:51 am

a fragment of a remembered dream herein- I was on a highway out in the middle of nowhere, with my sister driving me in an unfamiliar station wagon with a silvery-white paintjob and a hot-rod engine- we zoomed up behind some red 1990s compact chevy pickup with a white canopy, and we passed him with great alacrity and as he disappeared off into the distance behind us, I had a thought of what would have happened if we had rear-ended him/hit him instead, and I pictured myself getting smushed against the dashboard of the truck as though my seat belts failed me, and then I pictured myself looking down on the scene from about 50 feet above, as my spirit left my body. then the dream segued into another scene but I can't remember what it was. drat. :|