What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 200 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2020, 4:23 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Last night I dreamed I went back in time to when a kid in what might have been Grade 4 or 5, and I was in the classroom to my old school, where I asked my teacher to show me drawings I had made. And when she did, I started crying a lot. It may have been due to the nostalgia, or because back then I actually believed I would be a real cartoonist one day because adults always said how well I could draw for a kid my age but instead I'm a total failure and maybe my drawings aren't really that good at all. :(

Cartoon and comic artists are the most underappreciated artists in human history. Though they were the earliest known artists, their profession has seemingly always been pigeonholed by "fine artists" and journalists. I have always believed [and still do] that cartoons and comic illustrations better demonstrate realism than the finest filmmakers and photographers do. They don't just show reality, but all the dreams and subtext above and beneath it. You're only a failure when you give up on the craft completely. Keep on trucking.

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 4:28 pm

Over and over being controlled to do certain tasks or budget with a certain amount of money or playing sims but they were versions of myself...

Was one of those waking dream things.

Eventually woke irl just before 11.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2020, 8:58 pm

KT67 wrote:
Over and over being controlled to do certain tasks or budget with a certain amount of money or playing sims but they were versions of myself...

Was one of those waking dream things.

Eventually woke irl just before 11.

That's pretty deep. I'm still playing The Sims 2 these days, the custom modding available made it my fav version [and shareware is free].

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:06 am

i must be the only man in the universe that has never played the sims.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:56 am

Ive never played it. Never played any video game more recent than Pong.

So you're not the only person who has never played it.

But why did you say "man"? Is playing Sims a guy thing?

Other games, that involve combat, are more obviously of particularly male interest. Had the impression that the Sims was no more violent than a TV soap opera.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 4:15 am

for me it was pong, pacman and doom. this was 30 years ago!

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2020, 6:05 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Ive never played it. Never played any video game more recent than Pong.

So you're not the only person who has never played it.

But why did you say "man"? Is playing Sims a guy thing?

In my personal experience, it is more common for women to play it frequently, although online forums and websites for custom content and modifications of the original game are just about equally represented by gender and nationality. I hear that it's way more popular in the Far East [mainly India/SE Asia] than anywhere else, but then again there are more people there than literally everywhere else on earth.

Quote:
Other games, that involve combat, are more obviously of particularly male interest. Had the impression that the Sims was no more violent than a TV soap opera.

Pretty much. I seem to spend a bit more time [65-35?] designing towns, public buildings and parks, and building homes and apartments than I do playing the characters. I really do enjoy carpentry, renovation, interior decorating/design IRL [in real life], and I had always hoped to become a civil engineer, but I'm hopeless with mathematics and it's not a very profitable career in my part of the country [college isn't free down here either]. I do admit enjoying vicarious living through the characters, I can design lavish homes and gardens that I could never hope to afford to live in, take expensive vacations, live any stage of one's life, and experience such various perspectives I would never personally understand. I came from an extremely dysfunctional family, and had a somewhat challenging life so far, so there's a lot of weltschmerz beneath my own personal façade.

For the record, most of the other games I've enjoyed in the past were arcade type games, such as you both describe [I had a downright addiction to Tetris in middle school], and other similar design games like Rollercoaster Tycoon [designing and building theme parks/rides], Sim City [urban planning], etc. The latest game I've ever seriously enjoyed was The Sims 2, which came out back in 2004.

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 3:30 pm

i dreamt i was in Alex Trebek's [tv's "Jeopardy!" host] house in southern california, he was dressed in charcoal sweats and dark slippers and an old double-knit leisure suit top, black and maroon, with his hair dyed dark, and he was bemoaning to me about his somewhat dysfunctional children, one of which he had to send monthly checks, so many thousand $$$$ per month. and the other kids he never sees. then that part of the dream abruptly ended, he disappeared, and i wandered in his house for a bit before i found myself in a highly modified version of my sister's house in town here, they were all about 30 years younger, i was at the picture window of their great room in their house, looking out, most of the trees were gone and i could see a panorama of the olympic mountains in verdant jeweled splendor, the greens and blues sparkled and they appeared close enough to almost touch even though they plainly were 50 miles away in real life. one of the grandkids [unfamiliar in real life] was driving a half-scale porche 356C sports car, electric-powered, somewhat ineptly in the manner of a 4 year old, and bumped into the house. i thumped on the window to get the attention of my kinfolk and my older niece [as she was when she was about 12] saw and i yelled at her through the window to check on the grandkid who crashed into the house, and she seemed blithely unconcerned. then i awoke.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 5:17 pm

What does "Alex Trebek" of Jeopardy fame represent...to you?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 11:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

a mirthful genius, but a mere mortal human at the top of his game. but one facing mortality and at least some "what if's" in his twilight years.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2020, 12:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

a mirthful genius, but a mere mortal human at the top of his game. but one facing mortality and at least some "what if's" in his twilight years.

You neglected to place your answer in the form of a question. ;-)

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:10 am

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

You neglected to place your answer in the form of a question. ;-)

i can't follow rules which is why i would never make it on any game show. it's the reason i can't play chess. memory issues.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Oct 2020, 1:29 am

A Harry Potter / 1984 crossover.
Conclusion: Ms Rowling had no idea what an evil overlord's reign would look like - but if she had, the books wouldn't be suitable for children/teenagers.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 7:27 pm

^^^sounds like a soft kinda nightmare there. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 4:36 am

i dreamt of a tiger pursuing me, but i turned around and it acted like a tame housecat towards me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 5:25 am

had yet another L and D dream, hospital ward was busy but somehow i sailed through it without any trouble.