What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 4 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:02 pm

i dreamt i kept driving down this same road that T'd off at the intersection, i had to turn right, when i went steeply down hill on a narrow road at a great clip in a hotrod car with a roaring v8 engine, and at the bottom of the hill i bounced off the ground in a great bounding whomp, and was relieved when the car alit on the ground in one piece. then i dreamt i was invited [along with my late mother] into this grand mansion of an avant-garde type of architecture, lots of mahogany and walnut polished to a matte sheen alternating with shiny/reflective. custard yellow carpeting everywhere. long steep staircases. our host was a tall distinguished upper-class fellow who was pretty full of himself, as such people tend to be. his trophy wife and model daughter were reflections of himself. he pontificated at us for a while, then the trio walked rapidly up the steep staircase and disappeared, with me and some unidentified young woman watching them disappear back into their rarified upper-class realm [a visual pun within the dream]. then i walked out with my mother, across their balcony leading to the parking/landing area, it went on forever, my mother became irritated with me when the wheeled tote cart we were hauling out was missing a few items i absent-mindedly left inside the mansion, and as i turned around to go retrieve them, i awoke. :huh:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm

Sounds alot like the real Frank Loyd Wright.

Hope you two had his permission to take stuff out of his mansion! Was he giving you charity?

The dream definitely has something to do with 'power' as a theme.

You start it off gunning a V-8 engine of a hot rod (horsepower). Then it segues into class tensions between your peasant family and the aristocracy. Though both parties are friendly.

Beyond that I couldnt say.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 8:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sounds alot like the real Frank Loyd Wright. Hope you two had his permission to take stuff out of his mansion! Was he giving you charity? The dream definitely has something to do with 'power' as a theme. You start it off gunning a V-8 engine of a hot rod (horsepower). Then it segues into class tensions between your peasant family and the aristocracy. Though both parties are friendly. Beyond that I couldnt say.

I neglected to mention that it was my mom's and my stuff. had no idea why I brought it there in the first place. probably a lot of details evaporated upon awakening.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

During a nap I dreamt that some person (a niece or something) dragged me to a concert by Taylor Swift.

It turned out to be at something like a highschool auditorium-with unattached metal chairs on a hard tile floor-instead of at the kinda venue she would actually play at these days.

As she went into her first song she stepped off the first stage with her cordless mic and proceed to go down the aisle I happened to sitting at- we made eye contact- while not missing a note while singing she conveyed a silent invitation to me to join her. I stood up and we waltzed together while she sang. I assumed it was part of her act- and that she would proceed to pic other random guys to dance with out out of the audience- giving us each a few seconds. But she just let me stay in her arms for the whole song - or the whole time until my alarm clock went off.

Never thought of myself as a Taylor Swift fan before, but- I liked that concert! So now am a fan of her.

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

Last night, I dreamt of being an Animagus version of Vin Diesel, able to turn into a wolf at will. Also, I was one of the Tributes in The Hunger Games. And no, I didn't win. I got run through with a speak and woke up just as they fired the cannon at my death.

"Now I've got something I want to protect. It's you." -Howl Pendragon
"I must be on another planet." -Daria Morgendorffer
"I volunteer! I volunteer as Tribute!" -Katniss Everdeen

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
During a nap I dreamt that some person (a niece or something) dragged me to a concert by Taylor Swift.It turned out to be at something like a highschool auditorium-with unattached metal chairs on a hard tile floor-instead of at the kinda venue she would actually play at these days.As she went into her first song she stepped off the first stage with her cordless mic and proceed to go down the aisle I happened to sitting at- we made eye contact- while not missing a note while singing she conveyed a silent invitation to me to join her. I stood up and we waltzed together while she sang. I assumed it was part of her act- and that she would proceed to pic other random guys to dance with out out of the audience- giving us each a few seconds. But she just let me stay in her arms for the whole song - or the whole time until my alarm clock went off. Never thought of myself as a Taylor Swift fan before, but- I liked that concert! So now am a fan of her.

wow :o I never thought of her as that powerful! :star: :bounce:

anyways, i dreamt my parents were still alive in an old house they used to own. i remember waking up in it and walking out into the hallway and finding several anomalies- for one, the thermostat was set to 90 degrees, which was awful, so i immediately reset it to 68. then i walked into the living room and the frame around the front door had been removed, exposing some old spider webs and a hidden shelf with some long-forgottten objects from my childhood [various electronic doodads like a plastic electroformer and a current converter] that i gazed at for a bit until my attention was taken by my dad walking into the living room and sitting down on the recliner. i asked him about the doorframe and he told me the reason he took the doorframe off was because the newspaper delivery person threw the paper at the door but an edge got stuck hard in the door frame, and when dad pulled it out the door frame fell apart.
then he showed me some old TED hose [Thrombo-Embolism Detterent] he didn't need anymore, said i should use them sometime, that i would eventually need them myself. i graciously took the from him but with a bit of "eew" factor because they were coated with his barely dead skin. i walk back to my bedroom and sat down on the bed and noticed on my bare feet some loose hanging tags of flaking skin so i started picking at them and one hanging thread turned into a sheet of epidermal skin as i was peeling it first away from my toe and then off the sole of my foot on one side, all the way back to my heel and up my ankle. strangely this did not hurt but the exposed dermis was sensitive for sure. then i noticed a piece of paper on my bed, it was a document of some kind but instead of having my actual waking name on it, it indicated my name for legal purposes was "narren r. nocto." strange. then i awoke.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

Narren R. Nocto?

Well- I guess thats what dreams are- "nocturnal narratives".

You, you're dad, and your dad's house, were each shedding skin.

So to speak.

Don't know what that all means. Except maybe that its time to 'shed your skin' and 'grow' in some sense. Maybe.

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2014, 11:17 am

A few days ago I had a dream I was walking through the doorway into a large brightly lit seating area, like a school auditorium, where there were a lot of people sitting quietly. I was happy and so was my step-sister that we had just discovered a brilliant mode of transportation. Despite the fact she had inconveniently shrunken down to be about 3 inches tall, we had decided that it made sense for her to sit on top of my head and ride, with her holding onto my hair like a sturdy set of reins. So we had set off into the auditorium all smiles, and in mid-stride all of a sudden I was wearing a towel turban on my head, which awkwardly caught the door jam on the way in to the auditorium and made my step-sister go flying off to I don't know where. Now I couldn't hear her voice anymore or find her anywhere. I was worried she went splat and started thinking anxiously about how I could convey to the crowd to be careful where they stepped, lest she get caught under their shoes.

I never got on well with her....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Narren R. Nocto? Well- I guess thats what dreams are- "nocturnal narratives". You, you're dad, and your dad's house, were each shedding skin. So to speak. Don't know what that all means. Except maybe that its time to 'shed your skin' and 'grow' in some sense. Maybe.

you are quite good at this :thumleft: that is definitely ALL food for thought :chef: maybe you should have your program ["the lighter side"] do a segment on dream music? I think that would be a great idea! :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

in addition, I think it is about matriculation into heaven, in a backhanded way.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

Thanks.

Hmmm...

A show? Maybe.

There are zillions of songs that mention the waking "hopes-and-aspirations" type of "dreams" (like Bobby Darin's "Dream Lover", and Satchmo's "A Kiss to Build a Dream On"). But the kind of dreams were talking about?

There is that Heart song about dreams. And ofcourse Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver". A number of folk singers (Joan Baez notably) sing that song about "I dreamt I saw Joe Hill [the labor leader] last night. ..." but thats more about politics than dreams per se..

Fleetwood Mac had a song called "Dreams".

OH! Lets not forget nightmares...the biggest hit by Metallica "Enter Sandman", and Alice Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare", and Will Smith's rap homage to slasher movies "Nightmare On My Street".

Hmmm... I guess I will have to...sleep on it!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 2:19 am

no nightmares now, y'hear? ;)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

too awful to describe here.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm

maybe make a minced version of it lacking the scary bits?

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2014, 11:43 am

My dreams are always 'normal'-like, not particularly bright and colourful. I live in the same town and go the same school every dream, but they look different from my hometown and school. They look the same every dream. I can recall a shopping centre, a retail park, a classroom, and my room, which keep popping up in the dream. I don't have happy or sad dreams; they're just normal. But they make a lot more sense when I have them than when I wake up and try and remember them.

I have lucid dreams sometimes as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

for some reason, all the interiors of my dreams are salmon-colored. :scratch: