What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 168 of 249 [ 3976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Feb 2019, 5:57 am

On Kuiper Belt there was a curious complex structure (natural) where electric currents induced were so strong that thay heated the structure and the mean surface temperature was just -2°C (just below the freezing point of water).
I was experimenting with colonization of it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 6:05 pm

I had two interesting dreams this morning.

The first was almost like a movie in terms of a science fiction like storyline. In the dream, we were being attacked by aliens and we found out that there was a completely different intelligent civilization on Earth that had split from ours more than ten thousand of years ago. While our civilization had progressed in terms of technology, the other civilization was not technological at all. Instead, they were very much more natural in how they dealt with life. They also had supernatural powers that helped them stay hidden from us. They joined with us to fight the aliens, each in or own way. At some point, our civilization decided to leave the Earth to regroup, but we promised the other civilization that we would return as soon as possible. The other civilization thought that they could hide from the aliens as well as they hid from our civilization and stayed to wage something of a guerrilla war with them.

The second dream was somewhat more normal. In it, I was eating lunch in a restaurant while working on a laptop and suddenly realized that I was supposed to be at a funeral. So I left and went to the funeral. It turned out that there were only six people there and I walked in about a minute before it was over. I reached for my cell phone and realized that I had not only left it at the restaurant, I had forgotten to pay. So I went back to the restaurant and found my cell pone and laptop and the bill on the table. I picked up the cell pone and laptop, left a tip, went to the desk, paid the bill, and went outside. Once outside I could not find my car. I went back inside and found out that two of the waiters had driven off in it. When I complained to the manager, he just shrugged and said that it wasn't his problem.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 10:02 pm

Last couple of nights have been mostly without any dreams, weird or not. The last weird dream i can remember was where i was running down the hallway of my old school, being chased by a...a.... well, the only way i can describe it is a sort of "dark entity". It chased me down the halls and every classroom i passed shut its doors to me. I cant remember how it ended. :scratch:

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 10:11 pm

Its so interesting to me that the top choice is 'vivid colors and sounds' because thats never been the impression Ive gotten from dreams. My dreams are either super realistic to the point that I sometimes forget those things didnt happen when I wake up, or so incredibly impossible that I know Im dreaming and yet at the same time it feels so real Every one of my five senses is working and they appear to have a certain 'plot' to them (like a movie) where sometimes I can fall asleep a few nights later and pick up where I left off in the same 'dreamverse'

Of course, that doesnt stop some of them from being seriously weird. Just the other night I had a dream about me and my friend preventing a terrorist attack on a museum by creating an army of dinosaurs, cartoon cars, and piano keys. We were dressed in elaborate ballgowns and throwing sushi at the perpetrators while screaming the lyrics to Disney songs.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:40 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Last couple of nights have been mostly without any dreams, weird or not. The last weird dream i can remember was where i was running down the hallway of my old school, being chased by a...a.... well, the only way i can describe it is a sort of "dark entity". It chased me down the halls and every classroom i passed shut its doors to me. I cant remember how it ended. :scratch:

Whenever I have dreams of being chased, I can never move very fast. The harder I try, the slower I go.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:51 am

I dreamt that Penn Jillette wearing a colorful kaftan was my father interceding for me before a group of people about something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 5:25 am

kokopelli wrote:
Whenever I have dreams of being chased, I can never move very fast. The harder I try, the slower I go.

I useta get those all the time when I was in the rat race, I was the race being chased and I just couldn't get out of my own way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 9:33 pm

I dreamt I was in the breakroom of the hospital I useta work in, there were some long-not-seen fellow GIs and civil servants waiting in there, sitting on couches and chairs and watching tv. upon the sink next to the fridge was a bottle of my eye drops, it had a giant slug-sized bee resting on it. my ex-NCOIC noticed it, picked up the bottle and with his fingers flicked off the bee, and it landed on the carpeted floor, writing as though in distress, slowly flapping its wings, and I jumped up and frantically stomped it into a paste. then I awoke.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 11:55 am

I dreamt my fingernails were slowly peeling off. Several broke at the top, and a few were getting visibility thin and damaged at the base and I was worried if I so much as bonked them against something my fingers would start bleeding all over.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:16 pm

I dreamed that I was in a contest where we stuck our head in the mouth of a lion.

Each week, two people would go on tv and stick their head into the mouth of a lion. If one refused, he was out of the contest. Otherwise, the one who stuck his head into the mouth of the lion the longest went on to the next round.

Not everyone survived.

At the end of the dream, I had just won my semi-final round.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:21 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

That’s how my dreams often are, like I am walking through molasses.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Feb 2019, 6:14 am

Terrible unspeakable nightmares of a new kind. Bugs 6" around but 2-dimensional, like a stencil. Colour of red or rust. Flying around my head as I sleep but I think it's real. It will kill me, must get up ... it floats away and escapes into invisibility. I think it looks like a drawing of a blood cell. I have PTSD and my stress is highest because of money things and my bodily functions are in mutiny.

I called 811 (the 'talk to a nurse line' in Canada) but he said go to Emergency and I reminded him that Emergency told us all to stay home -- the hospitals are operating at 150% capacity. Also we've got a blizzard out there, with 4' of snow.

I'll call the doc in a couple of hours.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:20 am

I was helping to collect massive amounts of tinfoil to build some kind of barrier against some kind of ray or signal.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:05 am

I have had a couple of dreams with pets in them. One was about a cat and one had a dog in it.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 5:46 pm

I was in this classy piano bar in a touristy place that reminded me of South-East Asia - narrow, cobbled lanes, lots of buildings and people, tropical atmosphere. Suddenly, someone set off what seemed like a bomb. Then it was like I had a narrator in my head explaining the dream. S/he said, "That was not a bomb but a firecracker set off by someone linked to a terrorist group to force everyone to run outside and out into the street...where another terrorist is going to set off the ACTUAL bomb."

I ran outside with the panicked crowd and was trying to yell at them not to run up the street...but nobody listened to me. Just then, there was an explosion and all turned to chaos around me. Suddenly, I find myself in this street nearby that leads to a dark alley. And I see this girl - young, Asian, student-looking, with a backpack. Just then, the narrator in my head says, "That girl was the one who was employed to set off the firecracker in the bar." I see her disappearing into the dark alleyway, and I can't follow her...because now I'm waking up.

I thought this was a pretty freaky dream until I remembered that some months before 9/11 I had a dreadful dream about the World Trade Centre... So now I'm getting paranoid that this dream, too, has psychic overtones. (God forbid).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:31 pm

Alita wrote:
I was in this classy piano bar in a touristy place that reminded me of South-East Asia - narrow, cobbled lanes, lots of buildings and people, tropical atmosphere. Suddenly, someone set off what seemed like a bomb. Then it was like I had a narrator in my head explaining the dream. S/he said, "That was not a bomb but a firecracker set off by someone linked to a terrorist group to force everyone to run outside and out into the street...where another terrorist is going to set off the ACTUAL bomb."

I ran outside with the panicked crowd and was trying to yell at them not to run up the street...but nobody listened to me. Just then, there was an explosion and all turned to chaos around me. Suddenly, I find myself in this street nearby that leads to a dark alley. And I see this girl - young, Asian, student-looking, with a backpack. Just then, the narrator in my head says, "That girl was the one who was employed to set off the firecracker in the bar." I see her disappearing into the dark alleyway, and I can't follow her...because now I'm waking up.

I thought this was a pretty freaky dream until I remembered that some months before 9/11 I had a dreadful dream about the World Trade Centre... So now I'm getting paranoid that this dream, too, has psychic overtones. (God forbid).

I hope you can use your psychic gifts more often and more under your control.