Anyone else get a tear in their eye watching aspca

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Eric2971
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2015, 5:54 pm

Don't get me wrong, I donate every month when I can, but damn, they really know how to tug on the heart strings don't they?

Quetiapine 300mg Morning
Quetiapine 100mg Night
Depakote 1500mg Night
Sertaline 75mg 2xDaily
Bupropion 100mg 2xDaily
Gabapentin 600mg Morning
Gabapentin 300mg Night

Imagine my therapist's embarrassment when it turned out they really were after me.;)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 10:18 am

I'm all for animal rights and don't eat meat at all. In fact I go out of my way to avoid harming even the smallest insects. These slow motion ads can be manipulative, though. I do see their reason for them. Mankind can be brutal to the animals as well as each other.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Jul 2015, 10:33 am

I think they're funny, I mean it's awful what they're showing and it raises awareness for a good cause but it's so dramatic when it comes on with the slow motion and Sarah McLachlan playing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 10:37 am

Strange how the same animals have been shown for the last two years ... you'd think those animals would have been adopted by now, and that the ASPCA would have found others since then.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 11:26 am

I was sad when I watched a documentary about wolves last night and the alpha male died.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

I hate those ads more than anything and I always change the channel when they come on or hit the mute button while distracting myself from the TV screen. I know it's horrible the way the animals are abused, but there's really nothing I can do about it. For one thing I live in Canada, where we have the SPCA, which doesn't show such guilt-mongering ads. I do make donations to the SPCA when I get the chance even though I know it's not enough what people need to do is spay and neuter their pets so their won't be as many strays and young, healthy animals being euthanized just because they couldn't find them a home. But a lot of people get pets anyway even if they can't afford the surgery. Idiots.

I have two cats, one I got from the SPCA and and another I brought home after he was abandoned in a parking lot in the winter as a kitten. I'm sick of people guilt-mongering me and saying I'm not an animal lover because I'm not a vegetarian and will kill flies and mosquitoes rather than let them spread disease and filth everywhere. What's next, I can't even kill dangerous bacteria? Better tell the dentist to forget wearing gloves and a mask at my next appointment. Ugh.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm

I just change the channel, I hate those ads. It's like the ones about the starving kids in Africa.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 6:56 pm

AntDog wrote:
I just change the channel, I hate those ads. It's like the ones about the starving kids in Africa.
The same commercial that have shown the same starving kids in Africa for the last 20 years? Yeah, I hate those too. You'd think that those kids would have grown up by now ... :roll: