What popular songs can you not stand?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:24 am

DeepHour wrote:
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, by Wham, 1984: The day this got to number one symbolized the end of the era of even half-decent chart music in the UK for me.

lol you are right, the early 80's synth music before 1984 was really good though

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2015, 7:30 am

Anything rap.

"Rack City" by Tyga comes to mind from a few years ago.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:39 am

Hozier, Take me to Church, I liked it until some twat sang it at me angrily, and now all I can think of is that hateful version each and every time it's played on the radio.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:49 am

Logston wrote:
Anything rap.

"Rack City" by Tyga comes to mind from a few years ago.

Yeah, I don't really like rap much, either. Seriously, all they sing about living a life of debauchery, drugs, sex, and violence is the coolest thing ever, and why would anyone find this entertaining and awesome, I have no idea.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

Alrighty, lots Nikki Minaj and Blurred Lines hate up in this hizzy. I try to stay away all things Nikki Minaj. Blurred Lines was something I never took too much notice of. Probably a reason for that.

A few more songs:

All of Me: John Legend -too hokey and sappy and I gather nothing about the woman he is singing about in the song. I leave the song with no clue why he loves this person so much. He likes their curves and edges. That's all I got.

Animals: Maroon 5- for the love of...who told Adam Levine to take estrogen pills? Now he sounds like a squeaky mouse. It just hurts my ears to hear his high pitched singing.

Pretty much all of the popular Taylor Swift songs.
The Kelly Clarkson songs that are newly popular, i.e. What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:19 pm

Birthday by Katy Perry. Ugh. I used to like KP, but her new songs (that and This is How We Do) have really gone downhill for me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm

I actually kinda like "Blurred Lines" even though it's only a fraction as good the song that its ripping off: Marvin Gaye's "Got to Give it Up". But even a fraction as good as that song is pretty good.

"All About the Bass" is pretty awful.

Anything sung by Chad Kroeger. His voice is like an ice pick being driven into your ear.