Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jutty1224
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2023, 10:12 am

I'm curious to find out from others what you're experience has been wearing a face mask during the past 39 months. Did you wear it before you were forced to or because you preferred to wear one. For me until late May 2021 if was mostly because we were required to, especially in public places like the grocery store. When I went to the store there was a gentleman sitting at the entrance during peak business making sure everyone was masked. If you went to the store in the evening you would walk by an empty chair. Then came that one Monday, I believe it was 05/24/21, when I walked into the store and the chair was gone. You didn't have to wear a mask anymore. I guess they preferred you did if you were unjabbed but no one was checking to see if you were. I work in a call center. Work required us to wear one if you were unseated and moving about. There came a point in the summer of 2021 that I realized I was the only one wearing one, and then one day I happened to forget to put it on and no one bothered me. I kept my supply of masks in my vehicle since I only drove to place that required you wear it, and I had 2 fake masks that I would commonly wear. For a while I was able to go to doctors appointments wearing them and no one would question it. For most of the past two years the only place I've been wearing them is doctors appointments, but now you don't have to anymore. There are times still when I see people wearing them, and it makes me a little uncomfortable. This morning while out for a walk a car passes me and I notice a teenage girl in the passenger's seat wearing a mask but not the driver. I have begun to wonder if at this point masking has become some sort of fetish that gives people pleasure.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2023, 1:46 am

I majorly disliked wearing masks & I only wore one when it was required. I have a weird facial shape/structure & masks have a hard time covering my nose & mouth at the same time. When masks cover my nose they almost cover my eyes as well. I look down a lot with my eyes & at least the bottom 4th of my field of vision was obstructed by the mask which meant that I had to have my head pointed down so much that my neck hurt & my head felt weird. I also have chronic sinus problems & masks made it harder for me to breath. I've tried various masks & the vision obstruction & breathing issues were problems with all of them.

I do not believe that the masks majorly stopped people from getting sick. Practicing reasonable social distancing & good hygiene were much more important. I'm also a bit of an anarchist & believe that adults deserve the right to make their own decisions regarding their own health. If people want to wear masks, they should be able to wear them without being criticized by anti-maskers. If people don't want to wear masks outside of healthcare facilities, they should be allowed to not wear one but they should respect others personal space & try to keep a reasonable distance whenever possible & they also should not sneeze or cough on others or things others may touch.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 2:03 am

At first I 100% thought this was about masking as the psychological way we hide our autistic traits from the world in order to fit in.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2023, 3:17 am

colliegrace wrote:
At first I 100% thought this was about masking as the psychological way we hide our autistic traits from the world in order to fit in.
Me too when I read the tittle. Most every time the word Masking is mentioned on this forum that's what it is about. "Wearing Face Masks?" might be a better tittle for this thread.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition