Imagine if a giant taco fell from out of the sky...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm

And when I say giant, I mean the size of the French Quarter in NOLA. The FQ is 6 streets deep and 13 streets long, so this is a big taco. The taco falls around midday in whatever city you so choose and remains largely intact.

How would the media react? Would it be media storm? Alien conspiracy theories? Police investigations?

How would the the economy react? Would there be taco cults that would form? People who try to live in the taco? Riots over the taco? A taco religion?

And of course, how would you react? If it's in another city, would you drive to see the taco? Try to tell the world that the taco is a trojan horse?

I for one could see the media turning it to craziness. Republicans and democrats would form sides on the giant taco. People would start camping as close to the taco as they could. Scientists would begin excavating the taco.

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

Hungry people would fight over a piece of the taco. A new religious cult would worship the sacred taco as a gift from a made up deity. Police investigations and alien conspiracy stories would be all over the news. Alien life forms may have dropped the taco from a spaceship and poisoned it because they may see us as a gluttonous, greedy species polluting the air and may see our planet as a place that can be made as their new home. The ones who did not eat any of the poisoned taco or use it against any religious or political agendas would be allowed to remain living on the planet because they would be considered intelligent life forms able to contribute to the new alien civilization. Yes, I believe in life on other planets.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:28 pm

I think if a giant taco fell out of the sky it would smash upon impact, spraying everything with copious amounts of beef and sour cream. If it landed in a major city it would cause much chaos, death and destruction. People would be crushed to death, suffer burns from the hot fillings and sauce, or even get huge pieces of taco shell lodged in their body. And if it was an American city, they would probably blame Mexico even if they didn't do it because Americans are all racist by nature. Then they would build a gigantic apple pie and drop it on Mexico, while up here we Canadians will start digging a large trench over the border to literally separate ourselves from the rest of the madness.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

FlyingSpaceKittie wrote:
Alien life forms may have dropped the taco from a spaceship and poisoned it because they may see us as a gluttonous, greedy species polluting the air and may see our planet as a place that can be made as their new home. The ones who did not eat any of the poisoned taco or use it against any religious or political agendas would be allowed to remain living on the planet because they would be considered intelligent life forms able to contribute to the new alien civilization. Yes, I believe in life on other planets.

My friend actually brought up the theory that aliens would put eggs inside the taco meat and those who ate the meat would be goners.

lostonearth35 wrote:
Then they would build a gigantic apple pie and drop it on Mexico, while up here we Canadians will start digging a large trench over the border to literally separate ourselves from the rest of the madness.

Interesting...didn't think of the taco causing separation. This would especially occur if aliens became involved or a war started. I think I would go aid in the trench building. Maybe life after taco would result in a scenario where this would make sense.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 3:14 am

People in the U.S. would immediately involve it in their immigration debates, citing the taco as proof that Mexican immigration was getting out of hand.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?

I absolutely love the movie version but the idea just came to me when I was walking in the FQ. What would happen if a giant taco fell to earth right now? A building collapsed in the FQ a few months ago and it was all over the news. A giant taco would just cause chaos.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:37 am

I'd eat the hell out of it. Image

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Why not a giant hamburger, hot dog, or apple pie?

Are you suggesting that aliens are.....aliens?

Illegales?

America only has.... 'merican E.T's. Not Mexican E.T.'s!