Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 3:51 pm

Are there any other aspies out their interested in archeology? The reason I ask is I just bought a guide to archeology, and Ive always kinda had an interest in it. And I wanted to discuss it.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 4:25 pm

My wife was an archaeologist (until she went mad), and I picked up a few bits here and there. I'll pop in if anything is discussed. The one worry that I really have has to do with the primative invasive methods that are still used. We've gotten a lot better recently, but it really hurts to think that we are destroying our past, in the effort to discover it.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 5:12 pm

I have a real interest in archaeology generally, and paleontology specifically.

Going to the British Museum last year was great fun, as my friend and I went round looking at all sorts of old things like sarcophagi and statues (seeing the Elgin Marbles for the first time was fantastic).

And of course, the Natural History Museum rocked my world, as it always does. I love that place...

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 5:21 pm

MrSinister, I love sarcophgi too! I have never been to the British Museum though, I'm Canadian! We have the Royal Ontario Museum. They have an interesting Egyptology wing as well as paleontlogy wing. I love anchient greece too! I would love to go on a dig. Calandale, I also find the invasiveness troublesome. I wish everyone understood the great need as humans to learn about our past. You know, to learn from our fumbles as human beings.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 5:29 pm

I have a great interest, but not as much knowledge as I would like. There is a lot of archeological stuff going on in the area of the Uk I live in, along with archeological society that holds meetings in a tudor merchants hall here... I keep meaning to join as they do digs the members can engage in.