Is anyone else here addicted to Reddit?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 1:00 am

I finally made an account there a few weeks ago, and I am absolutely hooked. There are so many cool subforums, and the community is actually pretty decent. If you want to find me on there, I use the same username I use here. :P I often frequent the emulation, furry, zelda, and autism subreddits, as well as pcmasterrace. I've also been spending some time on the wiihacks subreddit.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2015, 1:31 am

This may sound crazy to some people; I've definitely heard of Reddit, but I have never actually gone on the site before.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 1:38 am

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
This may sound crazy to some people; I've definitely heard of Reddit, but I have never actually gone on the site before.

Truth be told, I actually avoided making an account there for quite some time because I thought the community wouldn't be very friendly, and I didn't like the rules some of the subreddits had. Turns out most of the subreddits, at least the ones I use, are pretty laid back.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 5:41 am

I've only been on Reddit to see naughty stuff.....

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 5:56 am

I use imgur which is sort of reddit :P Reddit's layout confuses me and looks like it hasn't been updated in more than 10 years and just has too much words. I prefer pictures or videos :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm

I've been on it for two months.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 4:16 pm

I am. I have 2 accounts there with more than 100,000 karma and I'm considering getting a third up to the same level. Reddit is all I do pretty much every waking moment(when I'm not here of course!)

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

I don't even know what Reddit is.

I just recently figured out what Twitter is.

I'm afraid I'm just not on the "up and up," as the young whippersnappers are wont to say.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 6:38 am

reddit is all right. 8chan is better though

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 6:50 am

boredome wrote:

I'm not a fan of chans and imageboards in general. I've been to 4chan (http://www.4chan.org) a few times, it's alright however I wasn't a fan of the nudity on the site namely people posting pictures of their penises and fishing for compliments.

I'm more into forums. I heard about this place before but I hesitated because it seemed crouded but in reality it's nice. I divide my time fairly evenly between Wrong Planet, Stack Exchange (mathematics and "ask Ubuntu"), YouTube, Tubeplus, a NT forum and just plain old research. I like to research certain topics in mathematics and cryptography.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 7:53 am

Sounds to me that you went on /b/ 8O Uh yeah, don't go there. You'd probably prefer the "blue" (SFW) boards with topical discussions rather than... whatever we can call the "random" board (/b/). And you're 12? I don't think 12 year olds should go on 4chan really, but if you do then go on the worksafe boards. They do have very strict rules unlike where you went :?

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm

I've been on reddit for about a year. Same username as here. I also have a troll account named Wozzly. That account has the most karma.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

Rudin wrote:
boredome wrote:

I'm not a fan of chans and imageboards in general. I've been to 4chan (http://www.4chan.org) a few times, it's alright however I wasn't a fan of the nudity on the site namely people posting pictures of their penises and fishing for compliments.

I'm more into forums. I heard about this place before but I hesitated because it seemed crouded but in reality it's nice. I divide my time fairly evenly between Wrong Planet, Stack Exchange (mathematics and "ask Ubuntu"), YouTube, Tubeplus, a NT forum and just plain old research. I like to research certain topics in mathematics and cryptography.

I've seen a LOT worse on 4chan than just pictures of penises. *shudders*