Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Valkerie
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Aug 2015, 12:48 am

It's 0045 hours here, and I'm considering going out to go shopping. Any other Nightkin floating around here who shuns the sun as much as me? Come on, you know the nighttime is the only time! Come out of the woodworks, yo, and chat for a bit with a lonely heart.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 4:13 am

I am a reluctant night owl, all the important stuff happens during the morning hours when I am asleep.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 11:10 am

What is a Nightkin? From the context of the OP I would guess it's a person that likes going out at night. I do like staying up and doing things during the night but only at home. There are too many useless pieces of trash hanging out at night. It's not safe to be out at night. Recently a 24/7 supermarket (very rare where I live) opened within a walking distance and I'd love to go there at night but I won't take the risk. Now it's 12:10am here.

Valkerie
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Aug 2015, 2:16 pm

I am happily a night person that enjoys the veil of darkness. Sadly, this city leaves little more to do than to eat at Waffle House or shop at Wally World. Me roaming around at night is like a kid being in a candy store, except no one is looking. There aren't hardly any humans to clog the roads or hassle you at night, but that's the problem... everyone's asleep. Normally, I would talk to people on the linkshell in FFXI, but the only people that are up at that time are primarily people from Japan, half of which do not speak English and cannot be bothered. Yet, somehow, that's oddly soothing. Nonetheless, I am without the other Nightkin. I generally have to wait until about 0300-0400 for people from the European countries to start logging on, and even they aren't always talkative.

Anyone care to start with what is usually their motivation for being a night person? For me, the temperature is a lot cooler, the sun is away, people are at home and in bed, and the hum-drum bustle of daytime life doesn't exist. It's very peaceful. It's also EXTREMELY satisfying to have the freedoms you have at night. I feel that the nighttime is the only time. Now, if only daytime services were available to us night folk. Wouldn't you enjoy a nice, little nighttime society? I know I would.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2015, 3:08 am

Night dweller all my life.

First I used to run away as a child and stay out all night till the police brought me home. Then as a teen I used to just ride my bike all night while the city slept. Then I drove around all night, avoiding police and exploring, talking skip on the CB, going to coffee shops.. Mostly worked night jobs. Now I stay up all night to consume special interests and be alone with my computers, even when I am out in the deep bush camping and gold mining for months at a time.

I do not go exploring the bush at night.. To many hungry things out there by my camp. (35 grizzly bears in a 15 kilometer area, cougars, wolves...)

My SO is a morning person. We butted heads about that for a long time. Now he does his hobbies in the morning, I get up anywhere from 7:30AM to 11AM, we hang out for a few hours for the afternoon and evening, he goes to bed about 8PM and I am up till 2AM to 4AM, doing chores, feeding my interests and my need to be alone. It works. Mostly...

Sometimes I may hit my friend up on hangouts. Hit and miss with that. We keep different hours.

I like gaming late into the night because most of the squeakers are sleeping and there are mostly adults playing.

Basically I think nights are better because there are less humans running about making noise.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 12:23 pm

Reporting in. When else am I going to brood in my armchair, and plot world domination? Daytime just don't cut it for that.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

i used to stay up all night and sleep all day, then they put me on meds and i'm asleep by 10 every night.

i miss insomniac me

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm

I've always been scared walking alone in the dark.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 10:50 pm

If left to my own devices my sleep cycle will inevitably flip to me being awake during the night and asleep during the day. I still go for night walks most nights though, walk around central campus and visit the fountains and stuff. It's nice out there with no one else around. Nice Nightkin reference btw.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 4:55 am

I love night time. I love this time of year because it starts getting dark earlier. I prefer daytime to be overcast. I would like to always sleep all day and stay up all night.

Mordor
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2015, 5:41 am

Yes, exclusively nocturnal. I even go out to the track at 3-4 am to go jog. :)

I like the darkness and its also because I hate contact with people.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Oct 2015, 6:07 am

I wake up so early it's still night most of the time