Is it rude to comment about my dull voice?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Is it rude to comment about my dull voice?
Yes, it's rude and ignorant 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
No, it's normal 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 4:38 am

I do surveys over the phone, and sometimes people say, "Is this a person or a recording?" And I say it's a person, and they keep saying, "You sound like a robot. Sure you're human?" And that's after I just answered them, so they know it's a person. Sometimes they just keep going on and on about it.

Even a neurotypical would sound like a machine after repeating the same thing over and over and over andoverandover and over again. Am I supposed to get excited over lines I've repeated thousands of times and use a tone of voice that implies fascination or something? Wow, I'm about to conduct a survey. I'm euphoric.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 4:44 am

IMO it's normal to say that if you rly sound robotic.
But I understand that you find it rude.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 5:47 am

I work with customers, customers are often rude. One customer said to me the other day, is that what you call a bad hair day. c**t. People say rude stuff. You are aware you sometimes sound bored speaking the survey, its not surprising people comment sometimes. Don't worry about it too much, play with it sometimes maybe, or go off script and say random stuff to amuse yourself if you get the chance.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 5:54 am

I have a hard time on the phone hearing a lady talk with all kinds of funny intonations, I'm already not of this language and then I don't get anything at all. It's like they're talking to a baby, or producing some weird auditory sex-stimulus.
But other people may just expect that, I don't know.
Yes to us it seems rude, but 'normal' people blame first if anything unexpected occurs.