Page 3122 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3119, 3120, 3121, 3122, 3123, 3124, 3125 ... 4092  Next

Oliver Twisted
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2018, 12:58 am

deleted

Last edited by Oliver Twisted on 15 Oct 2018, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:45 am

There Are Four Lights!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:00 am

Hey, Oliver.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:46 am

Morning all, it's raining yeah ........ novelty is kind of wearing off now.

I got my stuff together to attempt drawing again, Mr Raleigh.

Cleared a space, got paper and clip board etc. Now I am ready.

I will just sketch and doodle to see what happens as it has been such a long time and my confidence has waned.

How goes your enthusiasm?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 5:14 am

@Cathy

As well as being close to page 3333, we are also close to 50,000 posts and there have been over half a million views.

The figures say it all - this is a wonderful thread.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:05 am

So, I just discovered something really spooky about a certain character I invented. It's also kind of a long story.

First let me give you the prologue, as it were, so you have a clear idea of what I'm talking about.

Way back when I was eight or nine, my cousin introduced me to Digimon. There was, of course, only the poorly made dub version [my own bias] that we could watch, and since we only had three channels, the only way we could watch it was on vhs tapes, of which the local library had two.

The second one had an episode that basically changed my life. Sure, it's a cliche, but it's true.

It was the episode where Wizardmon, who instantly became my favourite character [apart from Tailmon and her partner Hikari] in about fifteen minutes of screentime, dies. Not only does he die, it is a very brutal death [at least, for a children's show], and to top it off, he is the only Digimon in that first season who doesn't come back to life. [The dub version tried to sloppily censor it, but it was obvious that he still died.]
Here's the uncensored scene, for reference: [Fun fact: Two other characters voiced by Akira Ishida are also two of my favourite anime/manga/video game characters: Ryoji from Persona 3/PSP, and Kaworu from Neon Gen Eva.]

It kind of traumatized me, in a way. Picture me, just a little kid, awkward and constantly trying to follow my cousin's lead. Then I watch the episode, and the concept of death, which I hadn't been exposed to much besides a few Disney movies [mainly Bambi and The Lion King], hit me.

So, I did what any kid would do. I made a fan fiction. However, it only exists in my head, to this day, and has been an ongoing storyline that never faded away, for years. It featured Wizardmon, trapped in a semi--dead state, and he gains a partner [naturally based on me]. I even did a sketch of his second form, which I will describe in a minute.

So, what does this have to do with my books? Everything. The fan fiction version of Wizardmon has appeared in some form or another, in every story I have written. I've never been satisfied with any version except my latest one, who is the anthropomorphic personification of dreams.
Then, recently, I bought and read Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. Something about Morpheus [the main character] seemed eerily familiar. Today I realized why.

Picture this: A tall young man with pale, pale skin, dressed in blue black clothes, a raggedy cloak, dark, tousled hair [the length varies], eyes that are constantly in shadow but glow occasionally, and who has a ridiculous amount of powers that include flight, teleportation, and the sheer force to basically destroy the world and/or recreate it.

The only main difference is that Morpheus doesn't have a giant claw for a right arm, but that's kind of irrelevant.

Now I'm wondering what on earth to make of all this. 8O

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:58 am

@Kura: Omg that is really a weird coincidence! Idk when Neil Gaiman first came up with the idea for Morpheus but it can even be possible that you created the character for Wizarmon before him. Life is definitely strange sometimes!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

^Neil Gaiman came up with the idea sometime in the 80's, so the Sandman came first.
I'm kind of reevaluating everything I've written in the last 8 years now...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:17 pm

Just wanted to say hello to all in the thread

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

Hallo KC

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:13 pm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:16 pm

Aww.
They want to tickle their little chameleons.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:26 pm

bwahaha

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:48 pm

Well I bought a used laptop today to have as a backup in case anything goes wrong with my main computer. I've never liked the idea of buying used computers, but maybe this one will be ok.

There Are Four Lights!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:52 pm

I've only ever had one new PC, every other one has been 2nd hand.