Page 3736 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3733, 3734, 3735, 3736, 3737, 3738, 3739 ... 4092  Next

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 5:01 pm

There's an ADORABLE elderly man (i can call him adorable without being patronizing, because he actually is) ... just a sweet mild but content person... he is very skinny, perfect posture, formally dressed (not sloppy), and bald at the top, grey hair, with glasses (the type with no frame).

he has a TINY chinese or hong kong toast/coffee/icecream shop.

the icecream is wrapped in a very big bubbly looking cute egg waffle. it's not indented, it's like giant soft bubbles (the waffle part).

the shop is at an Asian mall i sometimes go to, to get my phone fixed (my kids and I are always breaking it).

He has the most lovely vibes. Just quietly enthused and passionate about his job, it seems. Nothing overt. You just feel like his whole life is about excellence in everything, like the shop is tiny, but covered in beautiful little Japanese or chinese art that he made (e.g. a peppa pig one, but done in Chinese Calligraphy style)
And just everything is nice.

i had to go to drop off my phone today as it was not working anymore, today, and after wandering around and purchasing a few items, I stopped at his shop.
it's TINY. i cannot emphasize this enough. it's like 2 or 3 times as big as an average closet.

and this guy is so sweet. he seems very quiet and focused but then when the customer;s thing is ready, he is so content and beaming to give it to them. and he is so kind and genuinely interested (not in an over done way) in his customers. which i saw again as i was waiting for mine.
nothing overdone or uncomfortable.

just a cheerful question about them, and just like a quiet, gracious host. and the questions and conversation he makes is just pinpointed enough that i realized he really notices and cares about people. for example as soon as i asked him for the time he told me then said, are you in a hurry? with a smile. and i said no im just waiting for my phone. and then he asked a couple of questions about that.

or another customer he just mildly asked them whether exams are over. etc. gracious but not in an uncomfortable way.

so he makes the icecream in 2 scoops one on top of the other, and he uses chocolate chips to make eyes.
and a little smile with a piece of chocolate.

and he made a little hat (with tiny squiggles of cream) and put sprinkles (christmas themed -- red and green) on the hat, and an umbrella, and wrapped it in the bubble waffle.

for every customer i noticed he would change the design and vary the details.

he also makes pizza, etc.

i saw a little paper taped there, that said, 'i'm passionate about making waffles!'
and i thought, he actually is.

he is neat, tidy, proper, polite, friendly (with restraint so u feel at ease), gracious, cheerful, hard-working, and good at his job.
and attention to detaiL: even though his shop is so tiny...he had a little spot there for anyone who wanted to sit there and wait. with frosted glasss for privacy.
a chair there. and a book in front if someone wanted to read.

the book was so lovely. i never read 'diary of a wimpy kid' books before as i thought they are probably gross like the Captain Underpants series that an immoral and perverted man seems to have written... since the covers looked similar and the title made me think so.
but it's not. it's really humourous in a light-hearted way, captivating, fun, just right for waiting for one's order at a little shop. the book even puts a person in a good mood.

what i mean is - EVEN his choice of book to put there, showed consideration.
it really brightened my day to meet such a decent, proper, and non-evil person.
after that i was cheery the rest of the day.

Last edited by blooiejagwa on 16 Dec 2019, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 5:05 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
^How can that be a nativity scene it's not made out of toilet rolls? Americans are weird.

that's adorable!

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Darmok wrote:

If this happens it will have been your attorney setting you up. I've never seen such a dodgy looking geezer. I've also heard rumours he's connected to the Russians.

someone mentioned attorney, and i didn't even feel mad.
that's how much good it does to have 1 good person's presence in your day. that my usual knee-jerk reaction to that...word...didn't happen.

btw mine looked a billion times dodgier.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 11:54 pm

At long last, he can haz cheezburger!

There Are Four Lights!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 3:19 am

AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
the wall of language on the net izzzzzzzz

i ask hand and get bloody chopped off toe----
wuuh teh fak??

chopping is ok
to censorz

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 6:12 am

traven wrote:
AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
the wall of language on the net izzzzzzzz

i ask hand and get bloody chopped off toe----
wuuh teh fak??

chopping is ok
to censorz

Are you OK?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 10:38 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Apparently these guys are making a comeback.

Flying in from foreign parts perhaps.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 11:52 am

Darmok wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

I'd like to put that nickle in my piggy bank.

I wonder what's on the reverse, buffalo wings?

Last edited by EzraS on 17 Dec 2019, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 11:54 am

EzraS wrote:
Darmok wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

I'd like to put that nickle in my piggy bank.

GRO-O-O-O-OAN. ha ha.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 12:00 pm

For those of you who aren't coin geeks, that used to be a "buffalo" nickel before someone got very artistic with it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 12:08 pm

We had Buffalo nickels as regular legal tender for long after the last Buffalo nickel was struck in 1938.

There were a few still around when I was a kid in the 60’s.

Even today, you still see the occasional 1940s penny. And quite a few 1950s pennies.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 1:14 pm

Did anyone here believe the 'tiny hippo' ads by National Geographic? I sure did.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 1:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We had Buffalo nickels as regular legal tender for long after the last Buffalo nickel was struck in 1938.

Although it's been years since I've seen a Buffalo nickel in circulation, as a technical point they are still "legal tender" -- in fact, the US has never demonetized any* of its coins or currency, unlike many other countries. (When a coin or bill is officially demonetized, it is no longer accepted for payment; it becomes worthless.)

So if you've got an 1849 double eagle in your pocket, you can still spend it for $20, even though its melt value would be well over $1000 and its numismatic value far higher still.

*I believe there was one silver dollar type that was demonetized for a time and then remonetized later.

There Are Four Lights!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 4:30 pm

^We're always changing ours. Your guv is missing a trick to making money, there's always some left over at the time of conversion and leaving money obsolete is just cash handed to the guv.