Page 3730 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3727, 3728, 3729, 3730, 3731, 3732, 3733 ... 4092  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2019, 11:51 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 2:14 am

Got some new wheels. I think they're gonna make me a real a chick magnet.

There Are Four Lights!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:02 am

Darmok wrote:

What's on the back wheal :? , it looks like it's chained up, is that so none steals it?

Other than that it looks hot.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:06 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
my books came 2 days ago, so porch piracy wasn't at play after all.

they are both interesting, although one is so outdated...the ideas of clothing and hairstyles from the 80s was amazingly awful!

i guess the unifying factor to make it cohesive was 'FUN' ... i guess from those 80s eyes, modern style is 'dull'.... which it can be.. i don't know... why can't things be a perfect balance.

i miss jeddah more and more. this country is so depressing, people are so speedy. therefore you either are understood, or not, everything is about judgement and being looked down on if u dont fit a mold in the exact moment.... of how to be..

everything in saudi is slow-paced and easygoing.

i miss it. the people are so eccentric across the board that they just accept everyone as they are and everything is like one big family even if everyone is from different ethnicities and cannot even speak the same language.

also if you're a woman men automatically treat you with respect and here they look at you like 'either u appeal to me visually and in your behaviour (subservient, or aiming to please me), or i don't treat you like a human.'

it's so hypocritical... because all the music and tv and songs talk about 'standing out' 'be yourself' etc...
and yet they don't actually mean that.

they mean be yourself in a pre-set category, preferable one that is marketed and therefore helps companies sell a 'lifestyle'. it's a synthetic 'be yourself' attitude, as there is no overall harmonizing element that applies to everyone. only that money talks. money plus attitude. if u lack either of those things, you're 'fair game'

although for saudi... i bet i wouldn't like it if i lived on my own there either.. so the problem is one of being isolated. lonely. etc. but at least they go out of their way to try and befriend and accept everyone even someone like me.

I find the term 'be yourself' used most by the people who mean it the least. They mean 'within reason' which is the least explanatory explanation ever. They mean 'THEIR reason' which is a closely guarded secret until your on the wrong side of it and then you have no right to be different at all.

Your comparisons are interesting. Are you still in Canada? do I have that right?

Last edited by fluffysaurus on 09 Dec 2019, 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:09 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Darmok wrote:

What's on the back wheal :? , it looks like it's chained up, is that so none steals it?

Other than that it looks hot.

Those are snow chains for traction. With the plow in front and the chains on the rear tires, that thing is unstoppable. Chicks will be lining up to be driven places during snow storms.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:16 am

^Thanks, I've heard snow chains mentioned in American fiction, didn't realise the name was so literal.

Is it safe to drive with them on when their's no snow?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:23 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
^Thanks, I've heard snow chains mentioned in American fiction, didn't realise the name was so literal.

They would probably break apart on asphalt. No snow chains in the UK?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 6:52 am

EzraS wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

No, and this must be why. When it snows badly it might stay for days or weeks but it's just as likely you drive to work in snow and then come out of work latter and it's all gone.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 7:42 am

fluffysaurus my comparisons are probably wrong.
the world is imbalanced everywhere and i just happened to have had very bad experiences here.
probably the same would happen anywhere, at this age, given certain deficiencies.

possibly the key is not to be uprooted so much that you have too many points of comparison and not enough stable long-term connections.
also, to be more mentally adept than ASD allows me to be.

they were certainly very gracious, kind and generous in spirit, and spoil you into thinking everyone is like that. so you can be a natural weirdo with more ease and less judgement and cruelty.

and also not being taken advantage of.
actually my dad said in egypt it is the opposite, so i'm wrong there too.
also more freedom of speech here ( e.g. khashoggi )

the key is not to have a messed up brain and messed up life, then you can be at ease everywhere

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 7:44 am

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 7:55 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
EzraS wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

No, and this must be why. When it snows badly it might stay for days or weeks but it's just as likely you drive to work in snow and then come out of work latter and it's all gone.

When the snow is gone that's when the chains are taken off. They go on and off pretty quickly. Where I live they're only needed for 2 or 3 days at the most. Although most don't bother.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 9:46 am

Im going to sigb up fr the elderly ppl volunteer thing as that will help stop the incessant mental turmoil and false beliefs from making me bitter

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 9:53 am

EzraS wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
EzraS wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

When the snow is gone that's when the chains are taken off. They go on and off pretty quickly. Where I live they're only needed for 2 or 3 days at the most. Although most don't bother.

Snow tires here can cost upwards of 1000.
I haven't used them ever... Not smart though.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 10:16 am

ANONYMOUS

The rights of the blerghed , shall not be blerghed upon . :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm

Hi I am new to this thread.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 12:53 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Hi I am new to this thread.

Welcome. This is Raleigh's thread, and we are its caretakers. We accept cash donations in any amount, although we prefer gold bullion.

There Are Four Lights!