Should railroad crossings be replaced with overpasses?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm

I think so. There are times when emergency vehicles take longer to get to people because they have to wait for a train.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 11:12 pm

NewTime wrote:
I think so. There are times when emergency vehicles take longer to get to people because they have to wait for a train.

Everything should be connected to the internet of everything, which would control the trains and stop them ahead of time for incoming ambulances as well as all lights turning green to make way.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 8:29 am

Over or under.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Nov 2015, 8:31 am

depends on the population center obviously but the grade separation has been a big issue for the town my mom lives in, lobbying congress and what not.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 8:52 am

Problem is it costs money to build bridges and would shut off the road for quite some time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 9:46 am

I hate railroad overpasses. Well, not in a quieter place. But they're a pain when in a really busy city. Like when I get the bus to my boyfriend's, the bus has to cross this railroad overpass, and a train comes about 3 or 4 times an hour, sometimes it's 2 or 3 trains at a time, and you're sitting in a queue waiting for a long time. This city is a very congested area, and it's especially frustrating after work when all I want to do is to get to my boyfriend's out of the way of people and traffic, and then the bus stops for the train. I particularly hate it when people want to get on the bus at the bus stop that's right next to the railroad overpass, so by the time they have come on, the rights start flashing and the barrier goes down. Who the hell puts bus stops right next to train overpasses??????

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I hate railroad overpasses. Well, not in a quieter place. But they're a pain when in a really busy city. Like when I get the bus to my boyfriend's, the bus has to cross this railroad overpass, and a train comes about 3 or 4 times an hour, sometimes it's 2 or 3 trains at a time, and you're sitting in a queue waiting for a long time. This city is a very congested area, and it's especially frustrating after work when all I want to do is to get to my boyfriend's out of the way of people and traffic, and then the bus stops for the train. I particularly hate it when people want to get on the bus at the bus stop that's right next to the railroad overpass, so by the time they have come on, the rights start flashing and the barrier goes down. Who the hell puts bus stops right next to train overpasses??????

You mean railroad crossings, not railroad overpasses.

Neuron9
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm

I love trains.