Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Samuel Latter
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2015, 4:07 pm

One more thing you should know: Recently, I've thought of trying to play the piano, but I'm only into R&B and smooth jazz, that kind of thing. I'm into that music. So what are your tastes for music or other hobbies? :) :D

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2015, 4:53 pm

Well I enjoy a bit of smooth jazz myself (particularly Bob James and Kenny G). But most of my musical tastes is oldies and classic rock due to the fact that I listened to my parents' old 45s and 33s growing up, along with some older soul artists like Ray Charles and Aaron Neville, Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osboourne and Metallica, and 50s-90s country music, along with some more recent "pump-up" hip hop songs. This can sometimes be problematic in my love life as most of the girls I'm attracted to are more into Top 40, with my primary exposure to that genre being at sporting events and video game soundtracks :P

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2015, 5:36 pm

Heck, I think Smoke on the water is the first riff everyone learned. I feel you, I think so many people lack individual music choice and just listen to whatever is popular. As a result, much of the older music is underappreciated.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Nov 2015, 8:42 pm

pop, classic rock, country, & comedy

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 12:25 am

Nocturnus wrote:
Heck, I think Smoke on the water is the first riff everyone learned. I feel you, I think so many people lack individual music choice and just listen to whatever is popular. As a result, much of the older music is underappreciated.

At least people still do appreciate oldies. I'm just interested in obscure music in general, modern older.

Favorite music is an electronic music genre known as 'Jungleterror', a unique genre blending modern electro dance/house with traditional african instruments, ethnic percussion, rainforest and animal sounds.

I don't know, it just seems to be a strange paradox. I love listening to all types of electronic music, but lean more to the underground side of things. It's easy finding people who listen to trendy, generic electronic stuff in the music charts, though that is specifically the type I hate.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:01 am

Mathcore/deathcore/90's metal (nu-metal) guy myself. Pretty narrow. Only genres I actually hate are Top 40/Pop and country. I don't listen to other stuff because it just don't appeal to me. Not sure why. Though I tend to like heavy music with influences from other genres like rap, jazz and electronic elements.

I often wish I could find another type of music I like because I get bored of always heavy, heavy, heavy but I have yet to find it.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

Outrider wrote:

Favorite music is an electronic music genre known as 'Jungleterror', a unique genre blending modern electro dance/house with traditional african instruments, ethnic percussion, rainforest and animal sounds.

This sounds somewhat interesting. Though it sounds like it would probably be quite repetitive. Tribal percussion is cool though.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 1:11 pm

New wave/synth pop/post punk, 1960's Garage Rock, 1960's British Invasion in particular and 60's pop in general,classic rock.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2015, 3:24 pm

I taught myself to read guitar sheet music as a teenager and learned Tears in Heaven by heart. Went on to play in a rock band. These days I would love to buy a piano and teach myself to play it. I would probably pick a medium difficulty piece and work my way through it slowly, most likely a classical piece.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:28 pm

One word: Variety :D

I love a lot of music. My favorites right now are Thirty Seconds to Mars, CircusP, Rabbit Junk, Davey Suicide, and Cobra Starship.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 10:46 pm

The British Invasion of the 60s, Motown, Psychedelic, Disco, Punk, Rock, all types of music.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:33 pm

Epic Film Score Theme Songs of different styles. I really like stuff that is a blend of orchestra and synth though.

deafghost52
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2015, 9:53 am

Anything prog and metal (although my tastes in metal are a little bit more particular). Some good bands include: Opeth, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, Symphony X, System of a Down, Metallica, Anthrax, Rush, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, The Who (more "classic hard rock/blues rock" than anything, but still love 'em), The Beatles (some of their more progressive stuff from Revolver to the White Album), Led Zeppelin (what fan of hard rock doesn't like them?), Black Sabbath, Avenged Sevenfold, Ayreon (epic prog metal opera cycle by Dutch composer Arjen Lucassen), Devin Townsend, Azazello (great Russian prog metal band), Mechanical Poet (another great Russian prog/post-prog metal band), Queensryche, Kansas, Uriah Heep, and the list goes on. I also enjoy classical quite a bit - composers like: Beethoven, Ginastera, Chopin, Schoenberg, Webern, and some film composers like John Williams and Howard Shore.

-- Claude Debussy

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 11:04 am

Metal is my favorite though I like some metal sub-genres more than others, but I also really enjoy 60's era psychedelic rock, neo-psychedelia(or new psychdelic music simular to the oldschool), I like some electronic/industrial type stuff but specifically if its very psychedelic or mixed in with metal or punk elements, I really like post-punk it has a way of reminding me of Pink Floyd as far as the atmosphere. I do enjoy Johhny Cash, and because of that I like a genre called psychobilly because it sounds a lot like his style. I also like a lot of stuff people would classify as classic rock, and I like some regular punk that's not the post punk but it doesn't capture my interest the way metal does.

I am open to music outside of what I've mentioned as well, the only stuff I really strongly dislike is...current pop music, modern country that basically sounds like twangy pop music complete with whiny vocals, rap and hip hop with that horrendous autotune effect and off putting lyrics(though I would be open to rap with good lyrics that make a point and have heard the occasional song here and there). But yeah outside of that I am open to most music.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

I like pop, soft rock, alternative, and classic music. My favorite artist is Demi Lovato.

Spark41
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2015, 4:45 pm

Indie Electronic music is neat music to listen to- Porter Robinson's Worlds album is very unlike most music today.