Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2007, 9:36 pm

My first question is that, is it wrong that because of the recent supposed rise in diognostic of Aspergers I dont feel as special? Is it wrong that I liked some of the things of being an Aspie and toke pride in it? I dont feel as a special anymore, and alot of the diognostics are probably just diognotics because of a particular trait and it is more widely accepted. So when people realize that and then they just start telling people there just weird, will I be accuased of faking it or not really having something.

I dont know what to do about these feelings. I like being different from other people.

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2007, 9:38 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking pride in who you are.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 9:43 pm

I would say that having a diagnosis of Aspergers does not make you any more special than anyone else because in the end, surely every individual human life (*Cough* except myself)is valuable and special? We are, afterall, all unique. There will be no-one out there who is EXACTLY like you are, with that unique combination of appearance and personality.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 10:00 pm

This might help you a bit: AS probably is being overdiagnosed.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

DoubleFeed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2007, 10:04 pm

I don't want to feel special. I've had enough of screwing up the simplest tasks and being regarded as ret*d.
:evil:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 4:37 am

I think that a lot of us felt less special seeing so many who seem similar. But, we're all still pretty different from one another.