Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

SecretAgent
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2015, 2:56 am

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any frozen burritos that are super mild. I really really want some but I can't handle spiciness at all. My spice-limit is honestly like, nacho cheese level. I'm a little nervous about buying some because a lot of burritos seem like or even say that they're mild, but they aren't. Any help is greatly appreciated! :mrgreen:

Oh, and chimichangas count, too.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 3:19 am

I buy the El Monterey brand. Beef & bean, bean & cheese, etc. They're not really spicy at all unless you buy the ones that say they are. The bean & cheese one is especially mild.

MoonUnitPatrol

26 Nov 2015, 3:00 pm

Jory wrote:
I buy the El Monterey brand. Beef & bean, bean & cheese, etc. They're not really spicy at all unless you buy the ones that say they are. The bean & cheese one is especially mild.

Yes, I just ate one of these a few minutes ago. They are quite mild.

I put Sriracha sauce on top (Sriracha is a Thai sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt) This sauce is quite intense at first but I have become used to it. It is very good.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

I wish I could help you but I am profoundly addicted to chiles. It's actually a lack of bite that I can't handle, like bananas.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 5:20 pm

"Butcher Boy" was a favorite of mine back east; but California stores don't seem to carry them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm

haha I love this thread.

I think Amy's burritos are mild, but I am also a chile fiend and don't think things are possibly spicy and then someone surprises me by eating the same thing and not being able to handle the heat. I really do think Amy's are mild though, I put hot sauce on them.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 2:57 pm

seaweed wrote:
haha I love this thread.

I think Amy's burritos are mild, but I am also a chile fiend and don't think things are possibly spicy and then someone surprises me by eating the same thing and not being able to handle the heat. I really do think Amy's are mild though, I put hot sauce on them.

I love Amy's burritos.

SecretAgent

29 Nov 2015, 4:51 am

Thanks so much for your replies, everyone! I'm going to hopefully get some of these burritos while shopping tomorrow. Keep the suggestions coming! :wink:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 11:09 pm

SecretAgent wrote:
Thanks so much for your replies, everyone! I'm going to hopefully get some of these burritos while shopping tomorrow. Keep the suggestions coming! :wink:

Amy's Enchiladas are good.

SecretAgent

02 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm

I had an El Monterey shredded beef & cheese burrito today, and it was nice and mild. This brand seems to be a good recommendation. :D

SecretAgent

10 Dec 2015, 3:01 am

For future reference to anyone else wanting to know: Red's All Natural (chicken & cheese and steak & cheese, at least) is probably the most mild burritos I've ever had.