Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:34 pm

How many girls & women here like short hair? Or do you love long hair? I know men like long hair too. I'm wondering about the men here too, how do they like their hair?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:36 pm

I wish I still had enough hair to answer your question.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:42 pm

I prefer my hair short. It's easier to work with than longer hair.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:53 pm

I had heavy metal-long hair before, when I was 17 and obsessed with Iron Maiden and similar music. :) My girlfriend looks perfect with shoulder long hair. If she ever cuts it very short, I'm going to grow a long, ZZ Top style beard.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:08 pm

Currently mine is to my waist but I prefer it to be just below or at my shoulders. I'll probably get it done in a few months if I get around to it, just not a priority. I'd love to have short hair (again), but I can't find a style I like enough to chance it.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:20 pm

I'm a woman, and I wear my hair medium-long, its length falls to about midway down my upper arm. I've had it shorter and longer -- when I was a child I grew it long enough to sit on. I've also had it cut short and I hated it! It wasn't a good look for me at all, and I got weird sensory issues from the way it grew at the back when short.

So the majority of my life I've worn my hair long rather than short, because short hair doesn't suit me or flatter me. I've always had the type of face that looks better and even looks a bit younger if framed with longish hair rather than a short style.

Some women have the kind of face that looks its best even with short hair; I'm not that lucky. I look better with long hair and a Plain Jane with it short.

I kinda-sorta like men who have a bit more hair than "short," also, if they can. I tend to feel that most people look better with hair long enough to perform some degree of framing to the face, rather than severely short; it's kind of a visual contrast thing for me, aesthetically.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:26 pm

I had short hair until the walk-in hairdresser I used to go to changed to appointment only.
I guess I'll have to have long hair now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Dec 2015, 10:52 pm

I get my hair cut pretty short(about a 2 on the razor) but I don't get it cut again till I have problems combing it. I don't have much of a preference for girl's hair length.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 11:45 pm

Howdy. I have long, reddish brown hair past halfway down my back. It can't decide on whether it wants to be all wavy or all straight so I make the decision for it and end up flat ironing it. I keep going between having bangs and not having bangs. Right now the not having bangs is winning out. Usually, I'll get tired of my long hair and get it chopped to shoulder length, but I haven't grown tired of it yet. I'm able to exercise and wash it the night before then put it up the next day or flat iron it and keep it long. It may sound weird, but it takes longer to style when it is shorter. I hate getting my hair cut because I get claustrophobic sitting in those chairs knowing I can't just get up and leave. The salon people always hate seeing me coming because it takes a really long time to dry my hair - it's really thick. :D

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:10 am

I've had both long and short hair now and I'm not sure which I prefer, my hairs long right now, but I want to cut it sometimes, but I wont let myself either. Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing. I can cut it short anytime, but it'll take months to get it long again.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:20 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I prefer my hair short. It's easier to work with than longer hair.

^ this

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:39 am

I know girls like guys with long hair these days.

But I wouldn't be able to live with long hair. If my hair grows too long, I tend to break out in pimples.

My hair is medium short for a guy; in fact, I need a haircut right about now.

I used to have long hair in the 1970s. Before high school, I couldn't grow it long--I grew it thick instead. I looked like Oliver from the Brady Bunch. By senior year, after not getting a haircut for a year, it was almost shoulder-length.

I cut my hair considerably when I was 19.

I happen to like ladies with long, luxuriant hair. Some ladies look good with short hair, though.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 10:42 am

I liked my hair longer, but recently i had been getting gray blotches and it started to be the case that any growth became unmanageable so i feel i have to get it and keep it short in order to make it manageable though i don't like the sensation it is making.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Dec 2015, 11:09 am

I've worn my hair long most of my life, basically since I was able to make the decision myself. Usually I try to keep it above the shoulders but I let it grow quite a while between trimmings. At first it was probably born more out of anxiety of having to go to the barber which I hated but also long hair seemed pretty cool as a young boy with all the pro-wrestlers and rock stars and such. FWIW I've always kept my hair washed and brushed, I can't stand greasy hair and can't leave the house looking like that. A few girls liked it back in the day at school, I don't hear much about it any more and a lot more guys are wearing their hair long these days it seems than when I first grew mine out, if anybody makes a comment it's usually another guy who is growing his hair out. I've thought about getting it cut on numerous occasions but have yet to go thru with it, I suppose I could ride it out until I go bald altho it is better to do it before and spare myself the trauma of that process.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:28 pm

From the nape of my neck it's about 18" long.

When I retired I thought I'd do something different, so let my hair grow until it was about as long as it is now and cut it and sent it off to Wigs for Kids. Then I did this twice more but, like Fnord, I was loosing my hair quickly and so haven't done this for about 3 to 4 years...but it just keeps on getting longer (just in a semi-circular pattern :D ).

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 4:55 pm

To nurseangela

Your hair is like mine, my hair has its own mind, I can't seem to be very happy with my hair all the time, good thing for hats. I have black very thick hair too, but mine hair is curly & wavy, my hair is short, I'm thinking of letting my hair grow long again. Right now my hair is more wavy.