Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

BellevilleAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2015, 9:02 pm

Title pretty much says it all.

I starting going bald in late high school into college with the classic widow's peak and small area of thinning on the vertex/crown. Stayed this way for several years, but the baldness in the last year or so has exploded in size with the vertex now completely bald, and widow's peak starting to merge with the vertex bald spot. I was shocked when this started happening as I thought baldness didn't run in the family. My father isn't bald or losing his hair, my uncle on my mother's side isn't losing his, but I am. Later on found out that baldness does indeed run on my mother's side, but it has a tendency to 'skip' a generation or two, then re-emerge again. Looks like I was the one that took on that trait. My great grandfather on my mom's side was partly bald and lost about half of his hair by his 40s shortly before he died of cancer (I was like 3-4 years old at the time).

I have tried growing out my hair before, but it just looks terrible and it seems like the more I try to hide it or deny the fact that I am indeed balding in my 20s, the worse it gets. Finally this year I surrendered and joined the ranks of the fully bald by shaving my head every other day or so. As much as I prefer having long hair, it isn't in the cards for me, and it turns out being bald isn't so bad, plus the feeling of a freshly shaved scalp is unique and intriguing to say the least. Plus on the upside I can grow a awesome beast of a beard which more the compensates for the lack on the top.

(To Moderator(s), I've Just realized I posted this in the wrong subforum, and this needs to go to the Random subforum, sorry about that)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 1:51 am

moved from GAD to Random

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 2:27 am

I think bald is sexy. Wear it proud.

This guy that I work with was acting all put out becauae he had to shave his head due to baldness and I think he looks great. Perked him right up. :D
And my Aspie friend (that I said goodbye to a week ago) is bald too. I think its the IN look!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 2:58 am

Bruce Willis is still hot.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:18 am

So is Vin Diesel! Va Va Va Voom!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BellevilleAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2015, 9:45 am

I've become accused to the bald/shaven look and can't recognize myself with hair beyond a quarter inch or more. Just wish that If I was going bald, I would just lose all my scalp hair and be done with it, but sadly that's not in the cards. I'll lose all the hair on the top of my head, but likely keep it everywhere else, meaning I'll have to shave it every other day to maintain the look, something I find annoying. Nothing I can really do about it, but just deal with it and move on.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:02 pm

BellevilleAspie wrote:
I've become accused to the bald/shaven look and can't recognize myself with hair beyond a quarter inch or more. Just wish that If I was going bald, I would just lose all my scalp hair and be done with it, but sadly that's not in the cards. I'll lose all the hair on the top of my head, but likely keep it everywhere else, meaning I'll have to shave it every other day to maintain the look, something I find annoying. Nothing I can really do about it, but just deal with it and move on.

I feel bad for you.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:18 pm

A guy who started working at my company at the same time I did went bald in his 20s. It was the first real job out of school for both of us. Not long after he left for a better job he had a wife and at least one kid.

Last edited by BTDT on 05 Dec 2015, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:54 pm

You know! There is this old saying. "Bald is beautiful. God make only so many perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair." Thought you guys might get a kick out of that one.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm

To be wholeheartedly sincere, I don't have much hair these days as, my hair started to vanish around the age of 23 not to mention, it also started to turn gray as well. These days, I simply acknowledge myself the way I am even if I don't look like I did in my early days with a full cranium of hair. Truthfully, it's only hair and the loss of such is not critical to me a body part or organ, now that I consider important..