SF Weekly on Radical Faeries house .

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 7:36 pm

http://www.sfweekly.com
That's the general site for the SF Weekly , which has a long cover story this week about a land plot in Northern California owned by members of the Radical Faeries group as an " intentional community " (don't say " commune " ! :wink: ) .
I can't find a more specific link to the piece so as SFW puts a new cover up it may disappear :( .
The article states clearly that they're " not trying to provide snactuary forr anyone "/expect anyone who tries to move there to own a percentage of the land , so that isn't for me nohow :( .

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2015, 8:30 pm

ASS-P wrote:
That's the general site for the SF Weekly , which has a long cover story this week about a land plot in Northern California owned by members of the Radical Faeries group as an " intentional community " (don't say " commune " ! :wink: ) .
I can't find a more specific link to the piece so as SFW puts a new cover up it may disappear :( .
The article states clearly that they're " not trying to provide snactuary forr anyone "/expect anyone who tries to move there to own a percentage of the land , so that isn't for me nohow :( .

I think I found the direct link:
SFWeekly article on Groundswell intentional community

Back in the 80's I used to visit the remnants of a commune in the hills out past La Honda on a monthly basis or so. They supplied raw materials for a product made by a company started by my sister & her partner. Even then, ten or fifteen years (at least!) after its heyday, the amazing energy of the place could still be felt. Then again, maybe it was the enormous Eye-of-God painted on the ceiling...

p.s. By the way, ASS-P are you..."family", as they used to say out in Guerneville back in the day?

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2015, 1:16 am

[moved from GAD to random discussion]

JE SUIS UN HOMME

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 5:45 pm

...I've never been to Gurneville .
If by " are you ' family ' ? " you mean " Do count yourslf some degree of gay/bi , etctera ? " I'd say yes . (And have said so here .)0
Though it sort of differs how I feel at times and I'm so old and embittered and sick now ~ :( .
Even my " Aspie " identity hasn't led to much .

quote="Edenthiel"]

ASS-P wrote:

I think I found the direct link:
SFWeekly article on Groundswell intentional community

Back in the 80's I used to visit the remnants of a commune in the hills out past La Honda on a monthly basis or so. They supplied raw materials for a product made by a company started by my sister & her partner. Even then, ten or fifteen years (at least!) after its heyday, the amazing energy of the place could still be felt. Then again, maybe it was the enormous Eye-of-God painted on the ceiling...

p.s. By the way, ASS-P are you..."family", as they used to say out in Guerneville back in the day?[/quote]