Do you prefer stem nerds or humanities nerds?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 9:38 pm

Which type of person do you prefer to socialize with? I generally prefer to hang around humanities nerds. I tend to feel more fulfilled when I interact with them. I have no idea if I'm a stem or humanities nerd.

greenylynx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2016, 12:09 am

I much prefer humanities nerds because I can actually understand what they're talking about and add to the conversation. :)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 12:11 am

I like both stem nerds and humanities nerds.
Humanities nerds know more about things I don't know about, so they can tell me many things.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 12:34 am

Both. And regardless as long as what they're talking about is something what they do or done and what have they. I want their triumph and their struggles along with what they know.. :lol: Not just things that they just know alone.

There is indeed a difference between witnessing someone else's experience, dealing with the experience, and dealing with witnessing someone else's experience. If one isn't in any of the three, they're not who I'm looking for...

And I'm both interested with STEM and humanities. Although I wouldn't call myself a nerd yet.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DonTrump
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2016, 12:59 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Which type of person do you prefer to socialize with? I generally prefer to hang around humanities nerds. I tend to feel more fulfilled when I interact with them. I have no idea if I'm a stem or humanities nerd.

Stem because STEM nerds actually contribute something to society, while humanitarian nerds pretend that they contribute something while they spend hundreds of thousanths of dollars on a useless degree.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 1:11 am

Humanities nerds.

They're easier to seduce talk into activities that a science-minded person would deem too risky.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Humanities nerds.

They're easier to seduce talk into activities that a science-minded person would deem too risky.

What activities?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 1:22 am

i'm a stem nerd married to a humanities nerd. we balance each other.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 1:27 am

cathylynn wrote:
i'm a stem nerd married to a humanities nerd. we balance each other.

How do you balance each other? I'm unsure of what I am, but I feel more balanced around humanities nerds.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 2:00 am

i supply the logic. he supplies the heart.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 2:59 am

cathylynn wrote:
i supply the logic. he supplies the heart.

That's interesting. It seems like my brain supplies both, but it can be delayed a lot of the time. When I'm at school studying facts I often do fine memorizing the facts, but I have trouble responding emotionally. That makes essay questions very difficult for me. I've started to look for stuff I respond more emotionally to, to make the essay stuff easier.

The same thing can happen in reverse. I often find stuff fascinating, but I feel more like being mesmerized than actually studying it. I guess that's the way my brain likes to process things at first. I like to observe stuff and just feel the energy of things. That probably sounds very hippy dippyish to stem people. Eventually I jump into studying the actual terms.

That happened to me with my special interest in eyes. When I was two years old I like to play with my mom's glasses and just observe them. I never got to play with my dad's glasses, but I still liked to observe them. I was too young to actually study about it, so I just spent a lot of time observing it. I did the same with other people's glasses. I ended up annoying a lot of people. :)

I read a few simple things about it in elementary school, but I never actually read about it until I was in high school. When I did read about it everything just clicked and seemed very common sense.