Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 4:29 pm

Red roses. :heart:

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2024, 4:46 pm

Sedums and succulents :heart: :heart: . But I am a plants killer. My previous apartment was too dark, a new one is too shiny. Or I simply don't know how to take care of them..but love flowers in general so much. At least cats are happy.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:17 pm

I like red roses most but I like also daisies as well - btw, in Polish the name for a daisy is stokrotka because some folks believe it has like one hundred petals and "sto" means "one hundred" and "stukrotny" means "hundredfold" here :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:25 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Besides red roses I also love these flowers for their beauty and symbolism.

Cherokee Roses: State Flower of Georgia that symbolizes the Trail of Tears when the Cherokee people were forced out of their lands.

Red Spider Lilies: They grow everywhere in my backyard. Despite their beauty in Japan where they originate these flowers are associated with death and the Underworld of Yomi. :skull:

Wisteria: Very beautiful vine flowers that come in magnificent shades of purple.

Cherry Blossoms: Especially the Japanese "Sakura" blossoms. They are a reminder to appreciate the moment because nothing lasts forever.

Water Lilies: I have fond memories of seeing them bloom in my grandmother's pond.

Red Clover: I have some Irish ancestry (on my mom's side) and have searched my whole life for a four leaf clover which are said to be lucky. :mrgreen:

Belladonna: Very deadly but pretty purple flowers with black berries. I also named my black cat after this plant. Interesting enough "Belladonna" translates to "Beautiful Woman" in Italian from what I heard.

Last edited by RedDeathFlower13 on 15 Mar 2024, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:25 pm

I have two; a lady slipper (which is a pink wild orchid) and Indian paintbrush which is a bright orange.

PineappleLobster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2024, 5:35 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Cherokee Roses: State Flower of Georgia that symbolizes the Trail of Tears when the Cherokee people were forced out of their lands.

Red Spider Lilies: They grow everywhere in my backyard. Despite their beauty in Japan where they originate these flowers are associated with death and the Underworld of Yomi. :skull:

Wisteria: Very beautiful vine flowers that come in magnificent shades of purple.

Cherry Blossoms: Especially the Japanese "Sakura" blossoms. They are a reminder to appreciate the moment because nothing lasts forever.

Water Lilies: I have fond memories of seeing them bloom in my grandmother's pond.

Red Clover: I have some Irish ancestry (on my mom's side) and have searched my whole life for a four leaf clover which are said to be lucky. :mrgreen:

Belladonna: Very deadly but pretty purple flowers with black berries. I also named my black cat after this plant. Interesting enough "Belladonna" translates to "Beautiful Woman" in Italian from what I heard.

About belladonna, if my information is correct, women used to make eyedrops with the plant to dilate their pupils. Large pupils were considered beautiful, thus giving the plant which made their eyedrops, the name, Belladonna.

Also they don’t use the eyedrops anymore this was a while ago

Last edited by PineappleLobster on 15 Mar 2024, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:36 pm

PineappleLobster wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

About belladonna, if my information is correct, women used to make eyedrops with the plant to dilate their pupils. Large pupils were considered beautiful, thus giving the plant which made their eyedrops, the name, Belladonna.

Makes sense :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:39 pm

I like a buttercup me

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:44 pm

Also another flower i really like, even though I've never seen one except on the internet, is something called "Queen of the Night". They're a rare cacti flower that only bloom a flower at night before wilting at dawn.

Very mysterious! 8)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 6:01 pm

I love many types of flowers, but I think roses and lilacs might be my favorites!

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 6:54 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I love many types of flowers, but I think roses and lilacs might be my favorites!

I'm very much a lover of many types of flowers myself. :flower:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 7:36 pm

'Night sky' Petunias.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 7:48 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
'Night sky' Petunias.

That looks very pretty. I have some petunias growing in mt garden too, but they look nothing like that. :)

PineappleLobster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2024, 7:50 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
'Night sky' Petunias.

Petunias have such a lovely variety

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 9:51 pm