Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:43 pm

I don't get that much sad when people die.
In my experience I was very sad when my cat died a few years ago.
Maybe it's because it is far easier to "Connect" with an animal as their behaviour is largely predictable.
Human being are SO, SO complex.
My experience is that most people have an "Agenda" to engage in a friendship/relationship. In other words they do so so that they can get something that they want out of it.
I can't understand that.
With animals, "what you see (how they are with you) is what they are". No agendas. No hidden anything.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 3:48 pm

I totally agree with you, StarCity. People are very self absorbed and two faced. People use each other all the time.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 4:10 pm

I didn't really feel sad when my grandma died. Even though I thought I loved her. Maybe I'm just incapable of feeling grief.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:46 pm

What TheAP said.
When my grandmother died (I liked her a lot), I didn't feel any grief at all. Perhaps this was because I knew she was suffering from cancer and because I somehow expected it in a way by the way she seemed in her last year. I was the only one not to cry at the funeral. As a matter of fact, I was still a child at that point, so maybe that influenced my lack of grief. I did feel bad though! But this was mostly because I felt bad for not feeling bad. I thought it wasn't right that I didn't feel anything negative.

I think it was about a year ago when I got the news that someone I've known (distant cousin) died by an unfortunate accident. It was unexpected, but I felt no grief about it, yet it did make me think a bit about life in general.

I have a hard time imagining if or how it would impact me if my parents or my brother would pass away as they're much closer to me on an emotional level.

And I'm having the feeling my emotions (positive and negative) are getting number the older I get...

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:52 pm

Yup. I am really sensitive. I just cannot stop crying, even if I never met the person.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 May 2016, 2:24 am

No, I don't cry at all or get sad as an adult when somebody close to me dies. I'm more like at first, "Oh, damn....", stoically, and then I crack a smile, NOT out of heartlessness, bear in mind, but out of appreciation for having known that person. I also say to myself.... "It was great to have known ya.... see you on the other side...."

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."