So I did this before last weekend's party

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 4:19 pm

Just thought I'd share. :)

Theme idea was "Northern Lights," but in wanting to keep the colours bold & undiluted, the darker outcome is admittedly a little "Peacockish" - and I'm okay with that. 8)

BabbityRabbity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2016, 5:49 pm

That looks awesome! Is it hard to do it all different colors like that?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 6:07 pm

I like the color scheme. How about some red in the center of the magenta?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 6:19 pm

BabbityRabbity wrote:

Not at all.. you just have to have about 4 hours to dedicate to it (wash, cut, 2x bleach, 1x colour, gossip while waiting, rinse) & then fork over $100 + tip. (psychedelics procured from the beach, naturally..) :lol: Easy peasy!

JeanES
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2016, 6:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
BabbityRabbity wrote:

Not at all.. you just have to have about 4 hours to dedicate to it (wash, cut, 2x bleach, 1x colour, gossip while waiting, rinse) & then fork over $100 + tip. (psychedelics procured from the beach, naturally..) :lol: Easy peasy!

Wait!

You live somewhere that's currency?!?

Husband and I were planning on the next move being Portland...
but we're really not attached to America.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2016, 6:54 pm

JeanES wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
BabbityRabbity wrote:

Wait!

You live somewhere that's currency?!?

Husband and I were planning on the next move being Portland...
but we're really not attached to America.

:lol:

I live in the suburbs of Vancouver, BC, Canada. The beach in question is Wreck Beach - an absolutely stunningly beautiful clothing optional beach that stretches nearly 7km from end to end. You have to walk 480 stairs down a cliff side through the Pacific Spirit Regional Park in the Great Bear Rainforest to get there.. and then you're in our world - a place of such abundant freedom that one can buy iced cold beers, boozie freezies, marijuana, mushroom chocolates, lsd, mdma etc etc on any given day if you know who's buying/selling/trading. Hippies, natives, drum circles, skim boarders, slack liners, gays, university kids (it's at the University of British Columbia), professors, business people, homeless people, tribal looking people that actually live at/near the beach all Summer.. it's a pretty wild place. One of my favourite places ever. I've been 21 times so far this year & often go after work instead of sitting in rush hour traffic.

And yeah, a lot of counter-culture type people, including young people who do funky hair for a living, accept more than just beer as currency. I'm sure you'd find much the same in Portland where their mantra is to "Keep Portland weird."

BabbityRabbity

29 May 2016, 9:39 pm

Wow! I don't think I could ever do that. I will just have to appreciate the pictures :)