Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 9:27 am

Do you like going to museums?
Are there a lot of museums where you live?
We have quite a few round here, I like them.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2007, 9:30 am

They bore me, just like anything to do with history or learning. :lol:

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 9:31 am

I LOVE Museums-they're awesome-I love just wandering around by myself learning :D

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 9:33 am

Fraz_2006 wrote:

Lol OK, but history isn't boring. :P
Museums can be really interesting even if you don't like history. Out of the museums near me, we have Egyptians, Romans, animals, WWII, Soviet history, science, politics, transport etc. You don't have to like history to enjoy museums, although history really is great. :D

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2007, 10:15 am

Sopho_Soph wrote:
Fraz_2006 wrote:

Lol OK, but history isn't boring. :P
Museums can be really interesting even if you don't like history. Out of the museums near me, we have Egyptians, Romans, animals, WWII, Soviet history, science, politics, transport etc. You don't have to like history to enjoy museums, although history really is great. :D

I agree with you Sopho!

Museums don`t need too be about history, just some art or special things people have made that don`t have to be old or anything.

We don`t have any museums around here, just the Munk museum 1 1/2 hours from here, been there and his paintings are really special.

I would like too have some WWII and car museums here, sadly there aren`t any :cry:

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 10:35 am

Depends what the museum is, and what it features. I love war and maritime museums, and many others, but art and general interest galleries= boring. I despise museums that lack any good content as well.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 10:37 am

Museums are my favourite indoor public place/venue, i.e., it’s the only place I’ll put up with a crowd of people willingly. There’s a pretty good one here in the city…. Dinosaur bones and old aircraft is what I stare at the most, though I like any subject matter really when I’m just looking....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 10:38 am

I'd like to go to the London Transport Museum in London. :)

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

02 May 2007, 11:14 am

Museums are one of my favourite places in the world. But I try not to go in school holidays because then they get very busy. When I'm home from college in the holidays I live near London and spend lots of days at the various museum. I also like the london transport museum CockneyRebel but it's not very big :( In London I also like the science museum, the natural history museum, and I also like art galleries. I usually take a notebook to museums and write things. I'd like to work in a museum.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:39 am

I love some museums depending on the exact details of which one it is. I also like going to places which aren't strictly museums but have an element of preserved history e.g. country houses and things like that.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:44 am

JakeG wrote:
I love some museums depending on the exact details of which one it is. I also like going to places which aren't strictly museums but have an element of preserved history e.g. country houses and things like that.

I like those too. I used to go to the house at Dunham Park and the other one beginning with T (can't remember the name) when I was a kid.

haaki_nuva
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2007, 12:32 pm

As long it isnt an art museum, I enjoy them.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 3:28 pm

I love museums and have done since a child. I love the British museum most of all, I think and the museum in York with all the recreated shops. Here we have a maritime museum, a museum of archeology, an art gallery and a few tudor houses, one of which is a museum but is currently being renovated.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 3:36 pm

Sopho_Soph wrote:
JakeG wrote:

I like those too. I used to go to the house at Dunham Park and the other one beginning with T (can't remember the name) when I was a kid.

Tatton I presume? I always confuse those two. The grounds are nice at Dunham but the house is bigger and there is more available to see at Tatton (unless I have got it the wrong way round again!). If you go slightly further afield, Chatsworth House in Derbyshire is really great, the grounds and house are really vast and there is a lot to see.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 3:38 pm

I only like going to museums when I'm on my own and there are hardly any other people visiting the museum too. That way I can spend as much time as I want looking at something that I'm interested in and just walk by whatever I'm not interested in. There are museums near where I live, but not any great ones.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 4:47 pm

I also enjoy art museums.