Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CivilSam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2016, 11:19 pm

So I finally won my federal disability pension and my SSDI both in the same month. I'm now ready to move and I'm waiting on the application for an apartment to process, pay the rent / deposite, sign the lease, and get my keys. This should be a joyous occasion for me as I'm finally moving out of where I currently am (and dislike) and into a new place soon. Instead, every single night I am wracked with anxiety and depression because things just aren't moving fast enough. I'm ready to move now, I want to move now, and that's all I am obsessing about. Sure, I've tried new and different things to pass the time but every single night like clockwork, this anxiety and depression overtakes me. To anyone who read this, thanks. I think I just wanted to vent because IRL I have no one to talk to about this as I don't want to offend the people I am staying with.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 12:41 am

Congratulations on the disability win.

Just try and keep perspective, I was homeless and in jail when I got my apartment which is kinda ironic. I got thrown out of a homeless shelter weeks before I got to move into my place and it sucked but just remember, good things are on the horizon. Time will go by really slowly right now but it will be awesome when it finally does happen.

Also just a tip, keep all your accounts under $2000 and that includes *cough* backpay *cough*

Cash is only an asset if its in your possession, get what I am saying? lol

Anyway best of luck,