Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Aug 2016, 11:19 am

I used to be afraid of sleeping at night. As odd as it seems its true and shows up everyonce in awhile :lol:

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2016, 12:48 pm

richardbenson wrote:
I used to be afraid of sleeping at night. As odd as it seems its true and shows up everyonce in awhile :lol:

Me too. I didn't stop running to my moms room to sleep into her bed until my late teens. :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:08 pm

I'm afraid of spilling dangerous chemicals on myself, including cleaning products. One time I accidentally got some cleaning substance on my hands and I started to freak and had to run to the store's bathroom to wash it off with soap. So embarrassing. But I must be the only person around who actually reads the warning labels.

Seeing how shaky my father's hands are also make me feel kind of sad and scared. The spoon he was using to eat soup the other day was just wobbling in his hands, and he has to drink his warm tea with a straw, and sometimes he spills stuff by accident. If my own hands ever get too shaky to draw my cartoons, write a story, or make crafts, I may as well have them cut off or give someone their permission to shoot me in the head. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 3:39 pm

I have a fear of rising sea levels.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 9:31 am

I used to be terrified of metal buoys, lighthouses and other large objects on the sea. I'd panic at the sight of them. A large manmade object in the middle of otherwise undisturbed nature deeply unnerved me. They still make me uneasy. When I was a child, I'd frequently have nightmares where the tide had gone out and I was standing at the foot of a lighthouse with miles of seabed stretched out before me. They still make appearances although they don't scare me half as much. :lol:

I imagine I'd have the same reaction in the middle of a desert (if not worse due to it being more easily reachable). The idea of walking through desert and stumbling upon a massive buoy... 8O

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have a fear of rising sea levels.

I nearly drowned a few times when I was younger, in public pools usually with a lot of people present, and it was hell.
Luckily my dad was always present to rescue me in time.. the current of whirlpools are strong and aqaudrones (avoid). High tides can often get to me, but I'd have to be caught up in a really bad storm for it to bother me.

BlasphemousDoggy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2016, 2:13 am

-Being around elderly people especially when they have a lot of major health problems.

-Using the internet too much (I am more wary of the reality of hackers and people looking up my personal info these days)

-People I don't know (I really am not trusting of other people who I don't know regardless of their gender, race, or age)

-Police Officers even though I know I never do anything illegal and have never been in trouble with the law (I think it's because I always get the feeling that they think everyone around them is a criminal)

-Watching or reading the news (every time I learn about something horrible happening in the world I become depressed and don't want to face the world so I have to actually avoid the news)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 2:24 am

The fundies taking over, I prefer my freedom to not follow any particular religion.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 2:39 am

being hit/damaged in the face; eyes specially
(some fear of losing face?maybe) but its also a overprojection of past experience, that you don't see it coming and then its all black
or
overconscious in the head, once it was installed that was bad thing and needed correcting

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 3:04 am

traven wrote:
(some fear of losing face?maybe) but its also a overprojection of past experience, that you don't see it coming and then its all black
or

overconscious in the head, once it was installed that was bad thing and needed correcting

I say kill the motherf***ers who want to do that.....death to such people.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 4:47 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
traven wrote:
or

I say kill the motherf***ers who want to do that.....death to such people.

oh i don't feel like killing some, what is not to be done is believing that one view is more valid then another

what's with killing, basically this allows more killing,
we live in a world that wants to kill everything that's seen as undesirable, and making excuses for that along the way

BlasphemousDoggy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2016, 12:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The fundies taking over, I prefer my freedom to not follow any particular religion.

If we ever go back to those good ol' days (lol yeah right) where people are forced to convert to a mainstream religion under the threat of a horrible torturous public execution then I will simply pretend to convert and be a part of the religion just to save my own skin. I will even go back into the closet if I have to. I see no point in loosing my own life just to argue my views with a bunch of bloodthirsty religious fanatics and I'm pretty positive that there were a lot of other people who thought the exact same thing throughout history when they lived in a religiously oppressive country.

Nine7752
Toucan
Toucan

01 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

WRT weird fundies.... We thought the world was going to hell in a handbasket when Reagan and the Moral Majority came on to the scene. So much outrageous and cool stuff has happened since then - then we could not have imagined Miley Cyrus, or gay marriage or the place that transgender is in the world today. Though Grace Jones was pretty cool.

My point is that the force of culture is stronger than loud minorities and political leaders. I don't like all of pop culture by far, but it's an unstoppable force that they really can't do anything about - and I like where it is going generally.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

Fear of public restrooms (so I try REALLY hard to avoid them)
Fear of blowing my nose (which really bothers people)
Fear of getting my hair cut (which is why it's super long)

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 8:41 pm

When I was little I use to be afraid of stilettos.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 12:13 am

I'm unnecessarily afraid of being shot. Like when I'm leaving school and enter the empty parking lot, I have this paranoia that someone's hiding somewhere with a gun ready to pull the trigger and shoot me, and I tend to get in the car and leave quickly.